THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with the website  (Read 5296 times)

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
Problem with the website
« on: 05 Jun 2019, 23:23 »

Hi,
Since yesterday I haven't been able to reach the site without using a VPN. Ran a couple of tests and came up with the following:
Code: [Select]
nslookup questionablecontent.net
Server:         8.8.8.8
Address:        8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   questionablecontent.net
Address: 104.31.8.174
Address: 104.31.9.174
Address: 2606:4700:31::681f:8ae
Address: 2606:4700:31::681f:9ae
At this stage I get awebsite not found when I try to go to the site in a browser. Trying to use the IP addresses given above direct results in a 'website not found' when tryin the 104.31.8.174 site and a 'Direct access not allowed' when using 104.31.9.174

Now, when I connect to a VPN I get the following:
Code: [Select]
nslookup questionablecontent.net
Server:         10.112.12.1
Address:        10.112.12.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Address: 104.31.9.174
Address: 104.31.8.174
Address: 2606:4700:31::681f:9ae
Address: 2606:4700:31::681f:8ae
At this point however I get the correct site and if I try the IP addresses again it results in a 'website not found' when tryin the 104.31.8.174 site and a 'Direct access not allowed' when using 104.31.9.174, or in other words the same result. Has there been a change of IP addresses lately or is it something else that is wrong here?
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Carrot

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: Problem with the website
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2019, 02:10 »

same, on isitdownrightnow.com a lot of other people in the nordic region... and one alaskan, have the same issue, i myself couldnt connect from my own ip nor the various swedish vpn servers i use regularly, or the finnish and norwegian ones that i tried, i had to connect to a uk server to get to the comic page

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2019, 02:14 »

Jeph knows about this and has jokingly wondered if they Scandinavian governments are reacting to his negative portrayal of a Scandinavian-ancestry man (Sven).

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he's managed to fall foul of an adult content filter or something via an ad and has been blocked for 'unsuitable content'. One of the very, very family-friendly webcomics I follow is now a 'suspicious page' according to Symantec and I have to manually verify that I want to go there every time I visit it. So, it seems plausible that something like this could happen to QC.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2019, 17:25 »

Jeph knows about this and has jokingly wondered if they Scandinavian governments are reacting to his negative portrayal of a Scandinavian-ancestry man (Sven).

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he's managed to fall foul of an adult content filter or something via an ad and has been blocked for 'unsuitable content'. One of the very, very family-friendly webcomics I follow is now a 'suspicious page' according to Symantec and I have to manually verify that I want to go there every time I visit it. So, it seems plausible that something like this could happen to QC.
That could be a possibility... At my workplace, both QC and Dumbing of Age are blocked as "domains with malware" because they've previously had infected ads.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jun 2019, 17:45 »

That could be a possibility... At my workplace, both QC and Dumbing of Age are blocked as "domains with malware" because they've previously had infected ads.
Getting off that fecal roster is almost as hard as correcting an error on your credit report.

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2019, 22:56 »

Seems to be working now. :)
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

penfold_1

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2019, 14:49 »

Had loading problems with the site myself, but after clearing my cache it fixed the issue. I thought the site was down for everyone until I ran a checker with: https://downinspector.com/check/https://forums.questionablecontent.net
Alls well that ends well I guess...
Pages: [1]   Go Up