THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 19:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Science Friends  (Read 6857 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Super Science Friends
« on: 13 Jun 2019, 06:53 »

So, youtube suggests the weirdest things sometimes. Recently it suggested episode 6 of the series Super Science Friends which I had never heard of before. So I watched it. Holy butts it was good! The premis is basically famous scientists throughout history team up as a super hero team.

Winston Churchill ends up Nick Fury-ing the whole thing by getting Nikola Tesla (Electric powers and Tech) Marie Curie (Radiation Powers that functions like a green lantern ring) Charles Darwin (the ability to morph into animals), Sigmund Freud (Telepathic, but only regarding people's sexual thoughts), Tapputi (As the world's first chemist she can make tonics and perfumes), and Z3 the first computer. They were lead by Albert Einstein (Who was a super saiyan?) before he was murdered. Churchill clones him and now he's a teenager. They team up and fight zombie cosmonauts, Thomas Edison, and even Shiva. It looks like the first 5 episodes have a more internet comic design to them and episode 6 is an anime.  Honestly the anime episode 6 is very well done. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one off though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5tnqjmvOpVZ4AgjBCQ8dmA

« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2019, 14:58 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Super Science Friends
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2019, 07:28 »

So, youtube suggests the weirdest things sometimes. Recently it suggested episode 6 of the series Super Science Friends which I had never heard of before. So I watched it. Holy butts it was good! The premis is basically famous scientists throughout history team up as a super hero team.

Winston Churchill ends up Nick Fury-ing the whole thing by getting Nikola Tesla (Electric powers and Tech) Marie Curie (Radiation Powers that functions like a green lantern ring) Charles Darwin (the ability to morph into animals), Sigmund Freud (Telepathic, but only regarding people's sexual thoughts), Tapputi (As the world's first chemist she can make tonics and perfumes), and Z3 the first computer. They were lead by Albert Einstein (Who was a super saiyan?) before he was murdered. Churchill clones him and now he's a teenager. They team up and fight zombie cosmonauts, Thomas Edison, and even Shiva. It looks like the first 5 episodes have a more internet comic design to them and episode 6 is an anime.  Honestly the anime episode 6 is very well done. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a one off though.

This sounds absolutely AWESOME :-D (at least as a concept)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2019, 07:34 »

I'm binging them right now. Its amazing and incredibly funny.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

dutchrvl

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2019, 07:40 »

The difference between the comic Tapputi and anime Tapputi is hysterical......one of them catering to the teenage fandom? ;)

TheEvilDog

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2019, 08:04 »

And yet in both images, Madame Curie looks like she's about to kill Nikola Tesla.

dutchrvl

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2019, 08:16 »

And yet in both images, Madame Curie looks like she's about to kill Nikola Tesla.

Who knows, they may very well have known each other in real life, perhaps he had a thing for Pierre Curie ;)
I also very much appreciate the added stature given to Darwin in the anime

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2019, 08:59 »

I just watched all 6 episodes. Worth it.

The difference between the comic Tapputi and anime Tapputi is hysterical......one of them catering to the teenage fandom? ;)
I'd argue they both are.  :-D

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2019, 08:56 »

Boom-dee-yada, Boom-dee-yada, Boom-dee-yada...
Pages: [1]   Go Up