THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I wonder how Tilly's corporate espionage is getting on  (Read 3585 times)

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...

Bearing in mind we know that Tilly's father wanted that done, and Hannelore has placed Tilly in an ideal spot to do corporate espionage. If Station has been suborned by a supposed romantic relationship the situation would be just perfect for a major compromise of Ellicott -Chathem security...

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: I wonder how Tilly's corporate espionage is getting on
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2019, 02:29 »

They're probably learning more than they ever dreamed about ECI AI mainframes and the capabilities of their virtual space interpersonal interaction technology!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2019, 07:54 »

You know, that might be how the comic ends. Hanner's mom bv realisering How much the company is losing to completion that uses inside knowledge, and deciding not to go alone.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2019, 11:28 »

You know, that might be how the comic ends. Hanner's mom bv realisering How much the company is losing to completion that uses inside knowledge, and deciding not to go alone.
Yeah ..... No.

More than likely if something like that did start to happen then the poison pill solution to hostile takeovers would actually involve a poison pill and all hostility ceasing on the competitions deceasing.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2019, 12:21 »

It would almost be worth the reality-snapping awfulness of it just for the reaction of the subset of fans that hate Tilly if the last episode of the comic was the revelation of them as some mega-cool, overpowered, unbeatable character who secretly played everyone off against each other since 2003.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2019, 12:26 »

I think that Tilly realized that they were being used not only by their dad and by Hanner's mom, whereupon deciding to chuck it all and become their own person.  Recognizing Hanner's compassion, they've thrown themselves totally into this new role.  AMD writing a new chapter in human/AI relations.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2019, 19:52 »

It would almost be worth the reality-snapping awfulness of it just for the reaction of the subset of fans that hate Tilly if the last episode of the comic was the revelation of them as some mega-cool, overpowered, unbeatable character who secretly played everyone off against each other since 2003.
Tilly is actually a super-powerful AI, previously embodied in an arsonist toaster.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2019, 07:57 »

And I just realized that Tilly was ferreting out info on Beatrice Chatham.   Unless they also had an advanced degree in scientific disciplines, Hanner's dads work would be largely incomprehensible to them.

jesslc

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2019, 23:42 »

I've always assumed Hanners' parents aren't really connected in any way at the current time (apart from via Hanners). They are divorced after all and as far as I remember their businesses haven't been shown to have any links between them. I thought Tilly's dad wanted info about Beatrice Chatham's business, so info about Dr Ellicott's space station isn't likely to be of much use. That said, I agree with Mr Intrepid that Tilly's grown enough to reject their dad's attempts to get them to spy on people for him.

Romanticide

• Plantmonster
« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2019, 20:26 »

So there is option A with Tilly deciding that to hell with whatever corporate espionage their father wanted, option B with that I guess could happen along with option A of father cutting his losses and no longer insisting on the espionage, and now there is option C that if Tilly is in a relationship with someone extremely high ranking in a big company such as Hannelore's dad that espionage is kind of small potatoes to the benefits their family could get with such an union. On the oligarcs game there isn't just one way to win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up