Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Let's butch-...er arrange some music?

'All Star' by Smashmouth, but it's a sea shanty
'Stuck in the Middle With You' by Stealers Wheel, but it's bluegrass
'Look on Down From the Bridge' by Mazzy Star, but it's sung by a gospel choir
‘Everything Stays’ by Rebecca Sugar, but it’s a soulful saxophone and piano duet.
'Clair de Lune' by Claude Debussy, but it's noir Jazz
'Fly Away' by Lenny Kravitz,  but it's hair metal
'Hit 'Em Up Style (Oop!) by Blu Cantrell, but it's an Ella Fitzgerald style cover
I've got a better one
Spathe Ham

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4091-4095 (16th-20th September 2019)  (Read 28888 times)

mjayg

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: WCDT strips 4091-4095 (16th-20th September 2019)
« Reply #100 on: 20 Sep 2019, 10:34 »

That was the worst pickup line ever... even though it worked lol

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #101 on: 20 Sep 2019, 11:05 »

Man, I just continue to be confused by some of the chatter around this.

I wouldn't be switching my consciousness to another body based on someone I don't know much outside of banging a couple times offering to moneybags me one he'd like to fuck better. Even though I don't much care for this hellish body I live in now, lol

TheEvilDog

« Reply #102 on: 20 Sep 2019, 11:55 »

Exactly. Why would Sven buy May a new body when they've only banged twice? Why would May let Sven buy her a new body, when that would make her feel more indebted to someone? Is she going to feel like a literal sextoy? Because seriously, that's what some of you are inadvertently suggesting.

Roborat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #103 on: 20 Sep 2019, 12:42 »

I see those two idiots are at it again.  They are so cute, I hope this goes well for both of them, for a change.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #104 on: 20 Sep 2019, 16:55 »

Exactly. Why would Sven buy May a new body when they've only banged twice? Why would May let Sven buy her a new body, when that would make her feel more indebted to someone? Is she going to feel like a literal sextoy? Because seriously, that's what some of you are inadvertently suggesting.
Why?  He wants to bang her some more.  Both are more than willing to admit they're giving in to the temptations of the flesh and whatever it is that androids call it, and both would be loath to admit they're falling in love.   And that might be the point.  May isn't renown for her good choices, and being an intelligent sex toy might seem pretty appealing to her, at least at first.  But, the realization that it isn't so cool after all would be a growth opportunity for her, and Jeph is writing her as a dynamic character.

I do believe I called Sven buying May a chassis weeks ago, complete with the prediction of guilt trip dynamics.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #105 on: 20 Sep 2019, 20:01 »

Exactly the sort of question I'd expect from May. Apparently that's the back room. I'm wondering what the skullposter says.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #106 on: 20 Sep 2019, 23:34 »

If a processor swap is as simple as it was for the one fighter when CW was demonstrating to Faye that the AIs processors aren't damaged (3008)...

I think that you're over-interpreting that strip. Nothing was said about body-swaps, only that the CPUs & core drives are pretty hard to damage if they're in the appropriately hardened module. Nothing was said about how easy it was to install it into a new chassis with all the issues about driver software and getting used to a new sensorium.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Eternal_Newbie

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #107 on: 21 Sep 2019, 02:49 »

Why?  He wants to bang her some more.  Both are more than willing to admit they're giving in to the temptations of the flesh and whatever it is that androids call it, and both would be loath to admit they're falling in love.   And that might be the point.  May isn't renown for her good choices, and being an intelligent sex toy might seem pretty appealing to her, at least at first.  But, the realization that it isn't so cool after all would be a growth opportunity for her, and Jeph is writing her as a dynamic character.

I do believe I called Sven buying May a chassis weeks ago, complete with the prediction of guilt trip dynamics.

I can also see May telling Sven where to shove it. IMO she would rather go through the schlep with Roko of getting this body fixed or replaced than be indebted to yet another being, even if he's a sexy dweeb, for her body, and have further obligations.

But May is hard to predict, part of why she is an interesting  character.
"Microsoft Kills Santa Claus" - The Register

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #108 on: 21 Sep 2019, 10:19 »

Welcome, new person!

You got me thinking. I may start a poll in Chatter or Relate for worst pickup line ever.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #109 on: 21 Sep 2019, 10:22 »

If a processor swap is as simple as it was for the one fighter when CW was demonstrating to Faye that the AIs processors aren't damaged (3008), why couldn't May keep her current body (or one Roko procures for her) for daily work and then swap into Sven's dream machine for when they're playing together?  Sven could even keep it at his place so no one needs to know besides May that it's even being used?   :roll:

A new body seems to affect the AI characters more like plastic surgery for a squishy as opposed to changing clothes. If she were going into every hot date with Roko-level body dysphoria that would not be good. It would be a good story line though.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #110 on: 21 Sep 2019, 14:10 »

If a processor swap is as simple as it was for the one fighter when CW was demonstrating to Faye that the AIs processors aren't damaged (3008)...

I think that you're over-interpreting that strip. Nothing was said about body-swaps, only that the CPUs & core drives are pretty hard to damage if they're in the appropriately hardened module. Nothing was said about how easy it was to install it into a new chassis with all the issues about driver software and getting used to a new sensorium.
All that is granted.  I can still see May, in her rush to experience the carnal, trying exactly this (if you're gonna get a sex-doll body, might a well get one with a bomb rack, etc.), even if she has to keep two boot records and duplicate registries, until she figures out what she wants to be.  Mistress to a rich songwriter might fit her self-concept for a while...  Though I can't see her doing that for long, given her reaction to the virtual maids costume.  And think of the internal conflict this could bring Bubbles and Momo as they adjust to May the golddigger.  And everyone after she decides what she really wants (poor Sven) and goes off to get it.

Or May could keep many boot records and enjoy swapping bodies to keep Sven pleasurably occupied...  One for going out dancing, one cleaning the place, one for sexy times, etc.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Nigel

• Not quite a lurker
  • Angus did nothing wrong.
« Reply #111 on: 21 Sep 2019, 21:04 »

Which pickup line? Sven's seems obvious, but it was May who asked a very leading question. I would argue that May was the actual instigator...
I'm pullin' for ya', we're all in this together.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #112 on: 22 Sep 2019, 01:02 »

I wasn't expecting 'Clair de Lune' by Claude Debussy, but it's noir Jazz to when the poll, but it did.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...
« Reply #113 on: 22 Sep 2019, 04:51 »

Nothing was said about how easy it was to install it into a new chassis with all the issues about driver software and getting used to a new sensorium.
Winslow seems to have swapped into new chassis fairly readily...
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1012
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3542

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #114 on: 22 Sep 2019, 08:21 »

BTWb this is the closest I've found to noir jazz of the jazz covers so far.

EDIT: found another contender. At least for the first half.
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2019, 08:31 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #115 on: 22 Sep 2019, 09:02 »

Nothing was said about how easy it was to install it into a new chassis with all the issues about driver software and getting used to a new sensorium.
Winslow seems to have swapped into new chassis fairly readily...
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1012
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3542

It makes sense that every individual experience would be different.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up