Fun Stuff > MAKE

video game maps

(1/1)

mahlernut:
I've got this stack of video game maps...fabric ones, parchment ones, ones printed on glossy paper...and once in a while I think "why am I so careful about keeping these after their usefulness has passed."  It's entirely an aesthetic thing, but they're all in a box, so anything pleasing about them is made irrelevant by the fact that they're not being experienced.  So I try to think about a way of presenting them that's more than just "putting them all on a table," but I've never been able to find a solution that I was even remotely happy with.

Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone come up with any good solutions?

Theta9:
I just think maps are cool. Do you need a better reason than that to keep them?

mahlernut:
Keeping them's a definite - I'd just like to display them somehow.  I like having them, but I'd rather have them...somewhere else?...rather than in the box.  :laugh:

Tova:
If you have a lot of fabric maps, you could get them quilted into a blanket. Then you get to enjoy looking at them/showing them off whenever you're at home feeling chilly.

You could digitize them all and get them into a photo book, alongside your personal gaming recollections. That would be something that you could pull from a shelf and show people from time to time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version