THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 06:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video game maps  (Read 14473 times)

mahlernut

• Not quite a lurker
video game maps
« on: 01 Nov 2019, 21:40 »

I've got this stack of video game maps...fabric ones, parchment ones, ones printed on glossy paper...and once in a while I think "why am I so careful about keeping these after their usefulness has passed."  It's entirely an aesthetic thing, but they're all in a box, so anything pleasing about them is made irrelevant by the fact that they're not being experienced.  So I try to think about a way of presenting them that's more than just "putting them all on a table," but I've never been able to find a solution that I was even remotely happy with.

Anyone else have this issue?  Anyone come up with any good solutions?

Theta9

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Not even that gay.
Re: video game maps
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2019, 10:20 »

I just think maps are cool. Do you need a better reason than that to keep them?
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

mahlernut

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2019, 14:59 »

Keeping them's a definite - I'd just like to display them somehow.  I like having them, but I'd rather have them...somewhere else?...rather than in the box.  :laugh:

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2019, 22:13 »

If you have a lot of fabric maps, you could get them quilted into a blanket. Then you get to enjoy looking at them/showing them off whenever you're at home feeling chilly.

You could digitize them all and get them into a photo book, alongside your personal gaming recollections. That would be something that you could pull from a shelf and show people from time to time.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)
Pages: [1]   Go Up