THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your favorite sort of protagonist?

alien aliens
animals
anthropomorphic animals
fantasy humanoids
humans
human-like aliens
monsters
non-humanoid robots
plants
robots
rocks
vehicles
some combination thereof
other
no preference
spathe ham

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4131-4135 (Nov 11th-15th, 2019)  (Read 22657 times)

Tai Fanboi

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • DeadWinter
Re: WCDT 4131-4135 (Nov 11th-15th, 2019)
« Reply #50 on: 13 Nov 2019, 04:13 »

I could picture May being some kind of savant at a job like that. 

"Ok, OK...  Now..  Bear with me here.  I know the test says we need to run the toy through an industrial grinder and see if it springs back to shape afterward...  But...  Now this is just an idea, what if the Grinder was on fire and the catch tray at the bottom was filled with watermelons filled with liquid nitrogen."

Oh god, I should've drunk more so I wouldn't remember that.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #51 on: 13 Nov 2019, 05:11 »

Gives a whole new meaning to 'Fire in the hole'.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #52 on: 13 Nov 2019, 05:41 »

Faye's sculpture is salable. The dinosaur got snapped up by a gallery. It could be revenue.

But then is Union Robotics going to be an art studio or a repair workshop? Because that's two different businesses and neither are likely to draw in money immediately.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #53 on: 13 Nov 2019, 06:47 »

You would be surprised at what a business can do to stay in business and keep their employees employed.

I just heard a radio interview the other day on one Oshawa company that did QA/QC as well as parts rework for GM.
They did not pull up stakes and move to china with GM, who at the time supplied 80% of their revenue.
Instead they repurposed their staff into new areas. Junk removal and transport by their shipping division. Building inspections by their QA/QC people. Renovations and "junk" remediation, for both residential and commercial clients by their rework staff.
Now they are looking to hire more people.

So a possible solution is not just "ART" but maybe "artistic" metalwork.
There is no shame in metalwork of a practical yet artistic nature like fencing or gates or bed frames.

Didn't Orange County Choppers start out doing ironwork?
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #54 on: 13 Nov 2019, 07:07 »

But from what we're seeing in the comic at the moment, pretty much the only revenue UR seems to be getting at the moment is a cut of Sam's spray, which might be barely enough to pay some of the utilities. Without that, well, I imagine that Faye and Bubbles are probably in the red.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #55 on: 13 Nov 2019, 09:44 »

Meanwhile Beepatrice is wonderful with her bashful nature, isn't she? I think hanging around with May for any length of time will be destruction-testing her blush-emulators though!
I thought Beeps model chassis had the whole face as a screen, so the chassis redraws the entire face every so often.  If so then her "blush emulators" are just a color layer in her whole face-screen drawn in wherever needed...  Breaking that would take more doing than Beeps is likely to comprehend (she strikes me as rather sheltered, regardless of her money-earning job).
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #56 on: 13 Nov 2019, 09:49 »

Yeah, come to think of it, that would be May's dream job, wouldn't it? I seem to remember that the only time we've seen Beepatrice at her 'day job' she was standing next to a dildo that had a little brick of plastique taped to it. She was supposed to closely observe what happens when the explosives were detonated. I'm not sure what product safety legislation the tests are meant to satisfy but they must have been misapplied somehow!

The test specification just said "Firewall tests" so they're testing various scenarios involving the words "fire" and "wall" in some way

This is why you are very careful when writing your test specification, especially when your testers are literal computers.
Quis pater tibi est?

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #57 on: 13 Nov 2019, 10:24 »

From a steel products(?) ad in the 60's(?) showing an egg being dropped onto an anvil:

Time after time. Egg after egg. The anvil held up and the egg broke.

(The wall is being tested too, remember.)
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #58 on: 13 Nov 2019, 11:14 »

Perhaps Union Robotics can get a contract to maintain the testing equipment at the lab.  Allow them to diversify from just AI repair and modification.

Wingy

• Is my cape on right?
« Reply #59 on: 13 Nov 2019, 13:07 »

The test specification just said "Firewall tests" so they're testing various scenarios involving the words "fire" and "wall" in some way
I am unable to imagine the need for any combination of dildo and "fire + wall" testing that makes any sense.  The only thing I can come close to would be an internet enabled dildo that would keep track of running time and export it to a web site for your later annotation and review.  But the very thought of that kind of privacy breach is about to give me hives...

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #60 on: 13 Nov 2019, 18:11 »

New strip up!

Awww, sweet Faye/Bubbles moment.

"The butt implants are here!"

And back to the usual...

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #61 on: 13 Nov 2019, 21:44 »

I am unable to imagine the need for any combination of dildo and "fire + wall" testing that makes any sense.  The only thing I can come close to would be an internet enabled dildo that would keep track of running time and export it to a web site for your later annotation and review.  But the very thought of that kind of privacy breach is about to give me hives...
Don't forget that someone else can control it remotely if it's on the internet. not necessarily the one you want, but anyway.

Skickat från min J9110 via Tapatalk

"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

neurocase

• Furry furrier
« Reply #62 on: 13 Nov 2019, 21:58 »

New strip up!

Awww, sweet Faye/Bubbles moment.

And back to the usual...

Jeph's Butts Disease seems to be resisting treatment.

cybersmurf

« Reply #63 on: 13 Nov 2019, 22:34 »

Yeah, come to think of it, that would be May's dream job, wouldn't it? I seem to remember that the only time we've seen Beepatrice at her 'day job' she was standing next to a dildo that had a little brick of plastique taped to it. She was supposed to closely observe what happens when the explosives were detonated. I'm not sure what product safety legislation the tests are meant to satisfy but they must have been misapplied somehow!

Firing them at a wall. Throwing them at a wall of flames. Setting them on fire, and throwing them at a wall (probably testing how easy it would be to set fire to your house that way).
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #64 on: 13 Nov 2019, 22:36 »

Jeph's Butts Disease seems to be resisting treatment.

There is no cure. Medical science has not advanced enough. Compare with what I wrote 8 years ago.

Technically, you're correct. But this is the butts DISEASE. Because the disease spreads upon contact with a carrier, the avian form is a risk to the psychological well-being of the public. No reports of avian-to-human infection have been confirmed as of today, but an advisory has been issued, and parental guidance is recommended. After all, no cure for the butts disease is known.  Early symptoms include an unexplainable fascination with callipygian art. If you suspect that you have been exposed to the butt disease, you are advised to eat nothing butt rump roast and to turn the other cheek.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #65 on: 13 Nov 2019, 23:13 »

It's moments like this that remind us of just how much Bubbles and Faye are in love. It also reminds us of how much they both need the other to sustain them through the often-extreme manifestations of their personal insecurities. That said, I do wonder if Faye is underestimating just how much Sam would 'get' if she actually talked to her about her problems.

I have to agree with Bubbles that the potential ways to misuse gluteal and mammary implants for cheap laughs is a huge field of options. Like her, I prefer not to find out which one Sam settles on.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Tyr

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #66 on: 14 Nov 2019, 02:41 »

Don't forget that someone else can control it remotely if it's on the internet. not necessarily the one you want, but anyway.

Skickat från min J9110 via Tapatalk

Good ol' Teledildonics.  Which Google Spell Check recognizes.

Basically, you use a toy on your end, and your motion is conveyed via the internet to your partner, who is using a compatible toy (both with your toy and their anatomy) on their end.
Just going through life.

Wingy

• Is my cape on right?
« Reply #67 on: 14 Nov 2019, 04:30 »

Woob.  Woob.

Wingy

• Is my cape on right?
« Reply #68 on: 14 Nov 2019, 04:33 »

Good ol' Teledildonics. 
I thought that whole field had died.  Oh well, woob!

Meander

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #69 on: 14 Nov 2019, 04:39 »

I want a full-body Bubbles cuddle too! (jealous)

cybersmurf

« Reply #70 on: 14 Nov 2019, 07:50 »

As much as I hate to admit it, I probably hardly ever tire of Bubs amd Faye, no matter how cheesy JJ gets with them.

Roborat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #71 on: 14 Nov 2019, 12:37 »

I wonder how close Beeps came to overloading her blush circuits there?  And May really should get a job there, just for the hijinks potential alone.

Inconsequential

« Reply #72 on: 14 Nov 2019, 15:34 »

Is it time to rename this subforum the "Faye and Bubbles Squee Factory"?

Because they're (deservedly) getting all the squee these days.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #73 on: 14 Nov 2019, 18:17 »

New comic

(click to show/hide)
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Tyr

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #74 on: 14 Nov 2019, 18:55 »

First thought: Crushbot is a cute name in that it is descriptive. He crushes. It's what he does!

Second thought: Miss Skullbleeper must be an excellent teacher to have been given a chance with that self-chosen name.
Just going through life.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #75 on: 14 Nov 2019, 19:34 »

Second thought: Miss Skullbleeper must be an excellent teacher to have been given a chance with that self-chosen name.

Maybe the AI Rights folks argued it'd be decrimination if she was NOT hired, name or not? ;)

Wombat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #76 on: 14 Nov 2019, 19:57 »

As an English teacher, I now desperately, desperately want to change my name.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2019, 20:10 by Wombt »

zisraelsen

• Curry sauce
« Reply #77 on: 14 Nov 2019, 20:33 »

I choose to believe that the first day of her first year went something like this.
"Good morning class, I'm Miss Skullfucker"
[Absolute Adolescent Chaos]
And that's where the self-censoring originated.
Zack is easier to type than Zisraelsen, so

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #78 on: 14 Nov 2019, 20:48 »

Bubbles: "Indeed"

I am so imagining a conversation between Bubbles and Teal'c...   :-D
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #79 on: 14 Nov 2019, 21:04 »

Col. O'Neal: "Great. Now there's two of them."
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #80 on: 14 Nov 2019, 21:30 »

Maybe the AI Rights folks argued it'd be decrimination if she was NOT hired, name or not? ;)

Sam might be enrolled in a non traditional school so it’s not as big of an issue. 

Gyrre

« Reply #81 on: 14 Nov 2019, 23:27 »

I'd be afraid to find out whose orifices would need such destructive testing.

IDK, IDWTK. It seems excessively rich tend to be into really weird shit, though.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #82 on: 14 Nov 2019, 23:30 »

When you consider the personalties and nature of the synthetics who have names that sound like start-up death metal bands, then you realise that, yes, every synthetic in this strip somehow has a cute (even if ironically cute) name. I mean, look at Swordsmary! She tries to be edgy and punk but she comes across as a nervous undergradute who really doesn't want to cause a scene!

Calling it here: Sam's English teacher is the most vanilla, conventional and unspectacular person you could possibly meet. She sees no reason why her name should be considered 'ironic' or 'inappropriate'.

Maybe someone can help me by directing me to something about 'Millfeeul'? I tried a Google search and all iI got was my local community theatre, the name of which it is a plausible misspelling!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

awkwardness

« Reply #83 on: 15 Nov 2019, 00:07 »

Is Skullfucker her maiden name or did she have what amounts to a "stage name" while teaching?

This also opens up a whole world of AI rights if she was forced to alter her name for her profession but I'll leave that up to Momo to figure out

awkwardness

« Reply #84 on: 15 Nov 2019, 00:11 »

When you consider the personalties and nature of the synthetics who have names that sound like start-up death metal bands, then you realise that, yes, every synthetic in this strip somehow has a cute (even if ironically cute) name. I mean, look at Swordsmary! She tries to be edgy and punk but she comes across as a nervous undergradute who really doesn't want to cause a scene!

Calling it here: Sam's English teacher is the most vanilla, conventional and unspectacular person you could possibly meet. She sees no reason why her name should be considered 'ironic' or 'inappropriate'.

Maybe someone can help me by directing me to something about 'Millfeeul'? I tried a Google search and all iI got was my local community theatre, the name of which it is a plausible misspelling!

I'd like to counter that: in my mind since the duo already seem to know her...she's one of the former robot fighters and that was her actual name but she didn't choose it for some reason or other.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #85 on: 15 Nov 2019, 00:42 »

Not necessarily. There are two ways a teacher having a weird name can go.

1 - They command no respect and end up ruthlessly mocked by the kids, becoming ineffectual at their job.
2 - The instant they walk into class, they strike the fear of god into the kids.

In the case of 2, you don't even need to shout, just look them in the eye and make them blink first.

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #86 on: 15 Nov 2019, 02:29 »

The correct spelling is "millefeuille"; it's a French pastry. See https://www.bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/trends-news/article/millefeuille.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #87 on: 15 Nov 2019, 02:35 »

Sam might be enrolled in a non traditional school so it’s not as big of an issue.
It’s been previously established that Sam attends Pioneer Valley Performing Arts school, which is very much a non-traditional school.

Not necessarily. There are two ways a teacher having a weird name can go.

1 - They command no respect and end up ruthlessly mocked by the kids, becoming ineffectual at their job.
2 - The instant they walk into class, they strike the fear of god into the kids.

In the case of 2, you don't even need to shout, just look them in the eye and make them blink first.

Insert story here about a former high school teacher I know whose last name is Kickasola. He definitely took option 2.

Or a friend whose chemistry professor at the University of Wisconsin was named Huc Yu. He took option 3, which was to make the joke himself the first day of class to get it out of the way. “Good morning. My name is... HUC YU!!!”

"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #88 on: 15 Nov 2019, 03:41 »

As the medieval lord told his second son, "mille-feuille."
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Meander

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #89 on: 15 Nov 2019, 04:21 »

Bubbles: *CRUSH*.

Me: Swoon.

Inconsequential

« Reply #90 on: 15 Nov 2019, 05:09 »

Welp, now we know her name.

I love how AIs in the QC-verse are just inexplicably weird sometimes in ways that aren't going to make any sense to organics. The goofy names are a nice little homage to Iain Banks' "Culture" series.

Semi-related, I'm wondering if Punchbot will ever get that legal robot fighting ring off the ground. If he does, they'll have no shortage of customers.

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #91 on: 15 Nov 2019, 05:37 »

My favourite cake of all cakes...
(Known here as a "Devon Slice")

(The vanilla version obviously.. custard in this is just WRONG!!!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille-feuille
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

cybersmurf

« Reply #92 on: 15 Nov 2019, 05:39 »

Semi-related, I'm wondering if Punchbot will ever get that legal robot fighting ring off the ground. If he does, they'll have no shortage of customers.

They could sell the whole deal - either get repaired, or get an upgrade, all for the low price of $499.99!

Mr Intrepid

« Reply #93 on: 15 Nov 2019, 06:31 »

Was that Arthur or Punchbot that Yay (spookybot) talked to in their wrap up to the Corpsewitch adventure?

rtmq0227

« Reply #94 on: 15 Nov 2019, 06:44 »

So if Miss Skullbleeper is a self-censor, I have to wonder...

What is Beepatrice censoring about her name?

We have to accept the possibility that her real name is Fuckatrice.

(It might explain her resulting career path a bit more...)
The best lore starts as an off-handed comment or joke.

dutchrvl

« Reply #95 on: 15 Nov 2019, 08:52 »

Wow, I hadn't thought about SG1 for years, and now I want to rewatch the whole thing again, well done!

ANd yes, Teal'c and Bubbles really share some similarities in personalities it appears...

dutchrvl

« Reply #96 on: 15 Nov 2019, 08:58 »

Why would product testing for sex toys be more or less likely with such a name?

Fun fact: the tiny town I was born in in the Netherlands used to have a Durex factory, so there were quite a few people in town who worked there, including product testers/QA. And yes, the same lame jokes were plentiful, obviously.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #97 on: 15 Nov 2019, 09:17 »

They could sell the whole deal - either get repaired, or get an upgrade, all for the low price of $499.99!
For media presence why not ask for the assistance of MIKE?
Note how many times the MC has been bothered by MIKE and then convert that number to HEX - you are welcome.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2019, 09:25 by Thrudd »
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Inconsequential

« Reply #98 on: 15 Nov 2019, 10:34 »

Was that Arthur or Punchbot that Yay (spookybot) talked to in their wrap up to the Corpsewitch adventure?

Punchbot. He's a CPA, and Yay waltzed in and dropped a complete business plan on his desk a while back.

https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3414

The door appears to say Punchbot & Punchbot, so maybe there's another punchbot named Punchbot.

Or maybe it's Punchboy or something.

Punching is his passion, he has money skills, and I'd have to believe that any business plan Yay puts together would be pretty damn airtight, so I'd say the odds are good.

SordidEuphemism

• Plantmonster
  • Treguna Mekoides Tracorum Satis Dee
« Reply #99 on: 15 Nov 2019, 10:50 »

My search-fu is weak today, but there was a discussion months back about how it might have been 'Cockatrice' - alongside 'Basilisk' - and she 'Beep'ed it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up