Jim
- 2 (4.7%)
Corpse Witch
- 0 (0%)
Other (please specify in comments)
- 2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4206 to 4210 (24th - 28th February 2020)  (Read 16031 times)

Wombat

• Furry furrier
Re: WCDT strips 4206 to 4210 (24th - 28th February 2020)
« Reply #100 on: 29 Feb 2020, 10:14 »

Maybe she knows other veterans in search of purpose. There may even have been others like her. May they please not be named Blossom and Buttercup.
Well, now they have to be, should they ever be introduced. If not, it's what I'll call them anyway.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #101 on: 29 Feb 2020, 11:27 »

Maybe she knows other veterans in search of purpose. There may even have been others like her. May they please not be named Blossom and Buttercup.
Well, now they have to be, should they ever be introduced. If not, it's what I'll call them anyway.

Since QC Bubbles is red instead of blue, would Blossom be green and Buttercup blue?
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #102 on: 02 Mar 2020, 05:10 »

The more appropriate English term (at least in the US) would be "sabbatical."
I could accept that, or even walkabout in it's most general sense.  I was thinking about the usage Heinlein made in THe Rolling Stones when I wrote that. 

Roko needs to wander off with no apparent goal in mind (tough for someone as goal-oriented as she seems to be) to see what she finds.  One would expect she'll find Roko, of course, but that's not guaranteed.

The only question is: will she accept Winslow as a traveling companion even though Winslow doesn't want to travel again.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #103 on: 02 Mar 2020, 12:51 »

I'm already fascinated with Agatha. What's the story behind the sort-of-bear chassis? It's not very high-fidelity so I'm wondering if she used to work at a family fast food restaurant in the animatronic entertainment hour section. Double-purposing entertainment and cleaning staff would make economic sense but I imagine that it would lead to a lot of bitter entertainers - Bitter that they have to clean and bitter that the cleaners are better with the little brats than they are!
I was thinking more along the lines of a dimensional shift by one of the bears from Girl Genius and hiding out in plain sight as a Robobear would seem to be the safest alternative.

Bubbles is tied down starting a new business now and that's more than full time, but I can't help imagining her leadership qualities being applied to energizing the charity.

All powerpuff pun rehashes aside I would think that ED-210 or maybe Deathbot9000 even though his deployment was axed
(click to show/hide)
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up