Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Buffy reboot ... again. No Joss !

<< < (4/4)

Wingy:

--- Quote from: hedgie on 26 Feb 2020, 12:06 ---EMACS IS THE ONE TRUE EDITOR! 

--- End quote ---
Hehehehe!  I could introduce you to several better, starting with edlin...  ;-)

My favorite is a product called Kedit - alas no longer supported - with usable filtering without the need to learn regex and a useful column mode, a simple source code highlighting feature, etc.  Beats the pants off any other editor used for straight text files.

The Visual Studio editor has grown up to be useful for Windoze programmers now that M$ has purchased a few of the Windows tools serious programmers all purchased (e.g. resharper) and built them into the basic editor.

On *ix variants I'll concede that emacs has a large following, perhaps earned, but then this is a group that wants to fire up one tool to do everything...   :evil: :evil: :meh: :wink: :wink:  I'll stop now.

Method of Madness:

--- Quote from: Theta9 on 27 Feb 2020, 13:10 ---
--- Quote from: Castlerook on 26 Feb 2020, 16:14 ---Literally a case of the producers believing that younger people wouldn't watch a film in black and white.

That is the only reason that film got made.

--- End quote ---
I actually wish I could bankroll a live action shot-for-shot remake of Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers set in New York or Chicago, because of all the potential viewers who won't watch an animated or foreign-language film. It's the best Christmas movie ever and more people should watch it.

--- End quote ---
Better than Die Hard? I should give it a watch.

Also I know nothing about emacs or anything like it but it makes me think of the eMac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version