Fun Stuff > ENJOY

Buffy reboot ... again. No Joss !

<< < (2/4) > >>

Theta9:

--- Quote from: Castlerook on 24 Feb 2020, 14:11 ---Joss Whedon is a very.....divisive person.

Which is to say that he should not be left near any sort of production ever again. He's got a very small bag of tricks that he dips into simply for the shock value. Except he's been doing this for 20+ years that its tired, cliched and just plain boring. And that's not getting into how he treats female characters or homosexual characters.

He's just not good. In fact, he's kinda shit.

--- End quote ---

I do find the Whedon fanbois annoying, especially when they rage about Firefly which I think is the most overrated show ever.

sitnspin:
They are just alternate versions of him. Most of them have all the same problems he does.

Then again, fanbois of all varieties tend to be toxic, no matter what the fandom.

Tova:

--- Quote from: snubnose on 20 Feb 2020, 05:55 ---So ... this sounds serious this time ? Still no Joss though. Whats the point of Buffyverse without Joss at least supervising ?!?!?!?

Also, I have a very hard time to believe I will ever accept anyone but Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy. As far as I can tell, she never did anything else really well, but she nailed Buffy hard.

--- End quote ---

Okay, take this with a fistful of salt, because I am not now, and never have been, a fan of Buffy, or indeed anything Joss has done.

And I also feel, in general, pretty cynical about doing anything that's already been done to death. Which - forgive my bias again - seems particularly acute in the world of US shows.

But really, if you are going to revisit something like this, would you not prefer a fresh take on it?

I totally get the nervousness that it will end up getting screwed up, though.

Warning - while you were typing sdfshosdhfsoifsfdd

--- Quote from: sitnspin on 26 Feb 2020, 11:01 ---Then again, fanbois of all varieties tend to be toxic, no matter what the fandom.

--- End quote ---

Ah, toxic fandom. Now there's a topic almost worthy of a thread of its very own.

sitnspin:
There is absolutely no reason, in my opinion, of doing any sort of reboot or remake of any property if you aren't going to do something new and different with it. If you're just going to make the exact same thing a second time, why not just stick with the original?  I'm looking at you, shot for shot remake of "Psyvho".

hedgie:

--- Quote from: Tova on 26 Feb 2020, 11:04 ---Ah, toxic fandom. Now there's a topic almost worthy of a thread of its very own.

--- End quote ---

EMACS IS THE ONE TRUE EDITOR!  Sorry, don't plan on starting an editor war here, but people do strongly obsess over the silliest of things, and disturbingly so

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version