Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 25 May 2020, 11:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favourite Strips  (Read 271 times)

Tova

• comeback tour!
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Favourite Strips
« on: 14 May 2020, 23:27 »

With all the talk about the way Questionable Content has been cruising recently, I felt nostalgic enough to trawl back through the archives and locate a few of my favourite strips. I'm sure I've missed at least a couple, but gere they are in numerical order.

Executioner's Blues
The Marten/Dora breakup sent shockwaves through the QC community, but for me, this strip is the one where it hit home. There was something about the sight of Hanners weeping that made it all very real.
(click to show/hide)

Heck of a View
The end of a touching storyline with a funny at the end which, rather than just being there to fill the need to end on a laugh, managed to make the ending that much more poignant. A nice thing to have pulled off.
(click to show/hide)

Coffee Talk
A turning point for Marten, as well as a defining moment for Claire.
(click to show/hide)

Auf Wiedersehen
May has always been a bit of a ratbag, but the fact that Dale found the good heart hiding within speaks volumes for his character.
(click to show/hide)

Disassembly
I know that most readers would have been happiest with their Faye/Bubbles ship coming in, but for me, this was the natural destination of Bubbles' introductory character arc and the moment that made me happiest.
(click to show/hide)

That is all. Please share your favourite strips. It'll be interesting to see.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Mr Intrepid

• Furry furrier
Re: Favourite Strips
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2020, 23:53 »

Coffee talk is kind of the start of their real relationship,  isn't it?

Tova

• comeback tour!
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2020, 01:12 »

Pretty much.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2020, 07:13 »

There are many strips of which I like, or found highly amusing. (The "Music+Science=Sexy" strip was what actually drew me in to the comic originally.)

But, when it comes right down to it, this is the strip I like the most: 2316 - Crowdsourced
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2020, 07:32 »

$1.89 Drill Press still cracks me up…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

non-aardvark

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2020, 15:42 »

New member here, and I have 49 strips saved to disk, meaning they are my favourites. They start at 117, Dora telling Faye there will be precious little of her chastity left, and end at 3200, Skullmaster misspeaking about Skullmaster's dietary requirements. Wow, that's really out of date: I had no idea I was so far behind in my collection. In the last week or so I've been through the lot, again, taking notes, and I find I keep crying most at 3403, when Spookybot assures Bubbles she has people who care about her.

Which are more favourite? The purely funny ones like 951 Pintsize's wacky antics jumping the shark and 1298 Momo's introduction, where she can shoot live eels; or the touching studies of character, like Dora's sad look in 1586 when Hannelore is saying how she wanted to be normal, or at least a normal space princess on Mars?

2159 a happy Hannelore looking down on Earth - 2424 Dora apparently forgetting Mieville - 2490 Emily making beetle fingers - 3472 the gentle smile when Bubbles asks for help taking off her armour - 4032 May hugging Roko in gratitude.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2020, 22:23 »

The one where the Faye/Marten tension got resolved completely with a hair-tussle.

Faye and Bubbles's exchange of vows.
"Non-compliance is a social skill"
Quote from: an unnamed minister's sermon
In your face, darkness!  We are the light and we outnumber you!

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2020, 07:39 »

Bubbles shows she is a master of all forms of combat.
Also, Faye’s and Marten’s reactions…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
Pages: [1]   Go Up