THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Japan really re-opening cinemas already?!?  (Read 4947 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Is Japan really re-opening cinemas already?!?
« on: 20 May 2020, 08:50 »

https://twitter.com/GMANonScified/status/1262864730709987328?s=19

Although there's currently no admissions numbers, Shin #Godzilla returned to Japanese theaters this past weekend and (re)opened at #6. It was one of three movies in the top 10 that wasn't released in the last 6 months. It beat out Birds of Prey & Midsommar.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: Is Japan really re-opening cinemas already?!?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2020, 07:58 »

Some countries actually handled things a lot better than the US & UK, so seems that way.

New Zealand is reopening schools.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

TheEvilDog

Re: Is Japan really re-opening cinemas already?!?
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2020, 13:13 »

So to clarify it seems that Toho Cinemas, that is Japan's largest cinema chain, is opening 10 of its cinemas in the 34 least affected prefectures, the 13 remaining prefectures are still under heavy restrictions.

Meanwhile Aeon Cinemas will be reopening 27 of its cinemas in 16 prefectures, after closing all 92 branches in April when the country went into lockdown.

Both Toho and Aeon, as well as independent cinemas, are taking extreme precautions in reopening, such as requiring all staff to wear masks, providing hand sanitizer at theater entrances, using clear plastic screens to limit interactions with staff, and spacing assigned seats to maintain social distancing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up