THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's your favorite piece of Back to the Future media?

Back to the Future (1st movie)
Back to the Future II
Back to the Future III
the cartoon
the comics
the games
the movie novelization(s)
the board game
Lego Dimensions level
Sven is not a mooch

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4281 to 4285 (8th to 12th June 2020)  (Read 21524 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: WCDT strips 4281 to 4285 (8th to 12th June 2020)
« Reply #150 on: 15 Jun 2020, 05:45 »

Which is why I observed that the scenario was unlikely.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

TieDyeKat

• Larger than most fish
  • I like cheese
« Reply #151 on: 15 Jun 2020, 06:37 »

It's common for video call software to mirror the video. It makes things less confusing when you're looking at your own feed.

Except it's not.

Look at Monday's comic. Faye is clearly holding the phone in her right hand, but the closeups show the phone in her left. Mirroring would only work inside the video, not on the hand holding the device outside of its screen.
Please, sir, may I have some more?

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #152 on: 15 Jun 2020, 11:50 »

It wasn't voluntarily given. It just looked that way to the court.

"Looked that way to the court" is kinda the key point.

She gave the police a confession voluntarily and without prompting. Even in the cases of police misconduct, coercion still has to be demonstrated to a judge to a reasonable degree to exclude the confession.

Corpse Witch would still have to prove that she was tortured by Spooky.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #153 on: 15 Jun 2020, 12:19 »

Roko sounded suspicious to me about the eagerness of CW's confession.

Corpse Witch might be thinking Robot Jail was a mistake, but she has no way to protect herself from Arrogant Architeuthis. A restraining order would not work :-)
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #154 on: 15 Jun 2020, 14:49 »

It's common for video call software to mirror the video. It makes things less confusing when you're looking at your own feed.

Except it's not.

It is, actually...

Edit: I couldn't originally work out whether, "Except it's not" was "it" was referring to. But now I think this was saying, "It's not mirrored." And actually, that is correct. I've made a post about this further down.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2020, 19:32 by Tova »
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Mr Intrepid

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #155 on: 15 Jun 2020, 15:59 »

Corpse Witch might be thinking Robot Jail was a mistake, but she has no way to protect herself from Arrogant Architeuthis. A restraining order would not work :-)

CW could appeal. Possibly even successfully.  But she knows full well that she'll turn a corner and:

Hi, remember us?  More to the point, remember our deal?

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #156 on: 15 Jun 2020, 16:20 »

She did, but she's now done and dusted with that case and with police work in general. She wouldn't now relitigate unless prompted to by some new event, and especially since she is retired, it's unlikely it would come to anything. Especially since CW will not cooperate.

It wasn't voluntarily given. It just looked that way to the court.

"Looked that way to the court" is kinda the key point.

Yes, that's why I posted it.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #157 on: 15 Jun 2020, 19:29 »

But it's very clear in #4285, in the very first panel for example, that the video is mirrored.

Ha ha, no, I got that wrong. That's Mrs Whitaker's perspective, and the video is not mirrored here. Nor should it be - the software only mirrors the video when you're looking at yourself. Forgetting that was my error.

It's the closeup of the phone from Faye's perspective that's wrong, showing the phone being held in the left hand.

So, uh...

In the shots from Faye's mom's tablet, you can see that Faye is holding the phone with her right hand. But the shots of Faye's mom from Faye's phone show Faye's holding the phone with her left.

It's a weird continuity thing, I know, but it is bugging the tar outta me.

This is actually 100% correct, and my initial response was wrong. My bad. I really managed to confuse myself.

TieDyeKat

• Larger than most fish
  • I like cheese
« Reply #158 on: 16 Jun 2020, 21:19 »

Well thank heavens... I've had enough reality slippage this week. I really thought I was having a moment.
Please, sir, may I have some more?

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #159 on: 16 Jun 2020, 21:42 »

Sorry for making you doubt your sanity!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up