THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your ideal game ?  (Read 13444 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Your ideal game ?
« on: 09 Jun 2020, 07:11 »

Please describe in as much detail as possible ! :)

Mine:

- Classic fantasy MMORPG
- Subscription based - I want everyone to play the exact same game
- Third Person Perspective - First person can be available as well
- Cooldown between abilities, to equalize participation for players with poor ping and to give time to think about the next moves
- Seamless world split into planets, which are globes - travel into any direction long enough and you'll reach the same place again
- Six member parties; also guilds and wars between guilds over resources
- Sportive PvP; you cannot attack other players except if certain conditions are met (member of opposing guild, both players have enabled PvP etc)
- Good number of attributes, skills etc
- All standard fantasy races and classes people love, including subraces and subclasses, in careful implementation that makes playing a different race or different class a whole different experience
- Complex and dynamic combat system that makes you think about what ability to use next
- Aspects of the game that are important on one class might be completely absent on another class. For example some classes have special point systems (something aside of the regular hitpoints, endurance, and mana) of some kind, while others do not. Certain classes can unlock important effects by using abilities in specific sequences, while others can not. Certain classes unlock special abilities on special events, such as critical hits or successful blocks etc, while others do not. Certain classes can switch stances and change their class substantly in the middle of combat, while others can not. Certain classes can create certain combat items to be used during combat, while others can not. Etc.
- Complex and powerful crafting sphere, with crafting classes players can pick, thats well integrated into the game and needed for progression
- Fast travel with mounts, flying mount, ships etc - but the game world is HUGE. Various classes get variants of teleportation.
- Player characters and planets have powerlevels. Players cant reach planets with a powerlevel above their own.
- Special magic portals allow to travel to new planets, which might have higher or lower powerlevel.
- To finish a powerlevel and move to the next, you have to acquire all required class skills as well as a full set of current level gear (so there is no xp as such).
- Skills and items of higher powerlevel than the current planets one are disabled, making it simple for highlevel players to party with lowlevel players without the later turning completely useless.
- Items have a certain amount of power. Depending upon powerlevel, a players total power he can use is limited. So a player can use a single super powerful item or many not that powerful ones, avoiding the "christmas tree" approach to gear (everyone wears two rings, two earrings, an amulet, a cloak, a helmet etc, because otherwise the slot would be wasted). Also certain items, such as weapons, can be quite customized, giving variance to even those who only want to wear a small number of magic items. There are also magic tattoos which allow specifically Monks [the traditional "no gear" class] to wear no magic item at all, but still receive enchantments.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2020, 23:34 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
Re: Your ideal game ?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2020, 07:20 »

I would prefer a sandbox-type game with as few limits as possible. I don't care about winning or losing, I just want to build.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2020, 07:40 »

A mixture between Journey, Animal Crossing, and Wind Waker

There'd be an option to turn off combat and enemy encounters if you just want to explore, and fish, and build

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2020, 04:09 »

Those last two just make me think of Minecraft!
:)
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2020, 08:37 by JoeCovenant »
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2020, 16:22 »

I dunno, I’m automatically suspicious of any game that is online multiplayer.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

TheEvilDog

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2020, 18:21 »

Sandbox survival horror, with some crafting elements. I don't mean "Get 40 Bricks and 10 Iron Ore and you get a first aid station!". I mean stuff like "here's a battery, a couple of nails and some copper wiring. Combine that with a steel pipe and you now have a makeshift stun rod."

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2020, 07:08 »

Thanks for all answers so far. :)

If I'd known that the Lamp icon was animated I had not used it. Its quite irritating. :(

Carpe Diem

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2020, 10:50 »

Can you change it if you edit the first post?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2020, 12:08 »

Yes.  I could do it, but I'll let them choose the replacement.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2020, 23:34 »

Oh cool. I wasnt expecting I could change it.
Carpe Diem
Pages: [1]   Go Up