THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 07:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Interested in BG3

Would I ever !!!! (SOOO MUCH) (Gimme, gimme, gimme)
- 1 (20%)
Thats quite likely ! Unless the game really sucks.
- 2 (40%)
Hmm... We'll see. Not really my kind of game, but if its really good ?
- 1 (20%)
NO THANK YOU ! Definitely NOT what I like to play.
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian Studios (Belgium)  (Read 14846 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian Studios (Belgium)
« on: 12 Oct 2020, 00:49 »

BG3 looks surprisingly good, and with "looking good" I dont only mean the graphics, but also gameplay and what we can glimpse so far of the story, and apparently there will be a GoG version !

FYI, some people complain that its turn based. Certainly not me, though.
Carpe Diem

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Re: Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian Studios (Belgium)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2020, 03:12 »

maybe eventually. not right now though, there's too much else i like more, and honestly i don't have the patience for most turn-based things. in my elder days here (well "elder") it can easily feel like it's wasting my time if it's not careful.

also there's the unfortunate involvement of Mike Mearls on the project, and since Mearls seems to have tried to protect that piece of shit Zak Smith in the nastiest ways, well.... well.... let's just say it ain't jumping its way to the front of the queue any time soon for me, i guess

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2020, 05:29 »

I haven't seen much of Baldur's Gate 3, but of course, I'd be willing to look into it at some point.  For single-player games, right now, I've been playing Pillars of Eternity, which looks quite familiar to anyone who has played the originals.  The story is rather bleak so far, but interesting, and I do quite like the class system that they developed.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

TheEvilDog

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2020, 11:46 »

I've been playing it the last week or so, if anyone has played Divinity Original Sin 2, you're going to feel at home here (not surprising, considering that Larian Studios has made both games).

Its in Early Access, so naturally there's not a huge amount of content and still some bugs to work out.

At the moment, playable races are: Human, Elf (3 subraces), Half-Elf (3 subraces), Dwarf (2 subraces), Halfling (2 subraces), Tiefling (3 subraces), Githyanki and Drow (2 subraces). While nothing has been confirmed yet, its expect that Dragonborn, Gnomes and Half-Orcs will be added down the production line.

Likewise, classes available now are: Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Warlock, Rogue and Ranger. And likewise, its thought that Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, Paladin and Sorcerer. Its thought that they weren't included in the Early Access due to unique mechanics.

At the end of the day, its a good game, and the feedback Larian will end up getting will help make it a better game.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2020, 12:42 »

maybe eventually. not right now though, there's too much else i like more, and honestly i don't have the patience for most turn-based things. in my elder days here (well "elder") it can easily feel like it's wasting my time if it's not careful.

also there's the unfortunate involvement of Mike Mearls on the project, and since Mearls seems to have tried to protect that piece of shit Zak Smith in the nastiest ways, well.... well.... let's just say it ain't jumping its way to the front of the queue any time soon for me, i guess

I don't really play many video games in general, but I am definitely not touching anything D&D related until they change their corporate culture and clean house.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2020, 00:21 »

A real super hardcore D&D game with faithfully implemented rules and actually turn based would be my dream.

The Temple of Elemental Evil had that, unfortunately it sucked hard in every other aspect - poor interface, bug ridden, godawful npcs that sucked statwise and stole your resources and hardly any story.

Still TToEE gave an idea how fun a game like that would be. Combat was just awesome, just one bad step and your party could wipe.
Carpe Diem

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2020, 02:25 »

so never huh :x

Basically, yes. I've never been particularly fond of the system to begin with and have never personally purchased any of its products, news of its corporate culture is just another nail in that coffin.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl
Pages: [1]   Go Up