THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10.  Can you guess it?

Wait, you were serious?!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4376-4380 (Oct 19th to Oct 23rd 2020)  (Read 15357 times)

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
Re: WCDT strips 4376-4380 (Oct 19th to Oct 23rd 2020)
« Reply #50 on: 20 Oct 2020, 08:23 »

one day you'll have to actually just take the fanfiction plunge you know that right
Please do, and send me the link so I can read it.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #51 on: 20 Oct 2020, 10:26 »

That whole situation has a "Elliot still believes to get said no" feeling to me...

Linguistic question: is there an English expression for getting turned down romantically? In German you can use "jemandem den/einen Korb geben", literally meaning "to give someone the/a basket", and I wonder what's out there in similar expressions.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #52 on: 20 Oct 2020, 10:37 »

"Shot down" is one that gets used frequently.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

oddtail

« Reply #53 on: 20 Oct 2020, 11:35 »

That whole situation has a "Elliot still believes to get said no" feeling to me...

Linguistic question: is there an English expression for getting turned down romantically? In German you can use "jemandem den/einen Korb geben", literally meaning "to give someone the/a basket", and I wonder what's out there in similar expressions.

That's fun - in Polish, we use the same expression ("dać [komuś] kosza"). The basket can also be "received" ("dostać kosza").

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #54 on: 20 Oct 2020, 13:11 »

what possibly makes any of us think, based on the comic, that AI don't make input errors? citation needed

also pizza is the stew of open-face sandwiches

Is it a sandwich or is it a flat pie? And if it qualifies as a sandwich, doesn't a hotdog count the same way? or a wrap? or a pocket?

OK now I'm hungry- darnit!

As a Brit, and a mod, when I saw the 'is a hot dog a sandwich' query came up, I was already at peak alert, because over the US there is this weird idea about a burger being a sandwich.

I've never been banned from any online forum. Then again when the internet really started, I was already like 30 or some such. Its probably different if you're 13 when you start with the internet.

I've been young on the internet and never got banned anywhere, but then my preferred way to interact with forum arguments was always as a spectator. You wouldn't believe the mundane, seemingly harmless topics that would cause a thread to spin out into 20-page behemoths of internet rage in the blink of on eye. A forum I frequented as a high schooler had one that exploded over a literal sandwich. That thread is the stuff of legend.

It's been quite some time since I've seen any of this stuff go down, of course. OT, obviously I'm posting on one now, but I feel like the real heyday of forums in general was over years ago, where they were basically THE place to congregate to talk about whatever the thing was. There are so many other places people can share their opinions now, even/especially on niche topics. Again, certain webcomic forums notwithstanding.

'hoo boy this is making me nostalgic.

I'm only 31 now, but my dad was a programmer so I was pretty computer savvy even though we got the internet later than most, and I trolled a LOT of forums. Actually lost my virginity to a moderator of the Busted forum.

I swear to fuck, I am not making that up.

I've been banned from plenty of TFC and Counter Strike servers, but not for trolling, for losing my temper. Meh.

Which is why I’m grateful that none of the mods here go off on power trips like that. Some people let even the smallest amount of power go to their heads.

*cocks gun* Hop into the Spruce Moose!

I think it'd be more interesting if Clinton got drunk and started causing a minor scene, or subtle problems for Elliot's bouncer role that Elliot notices and worries about the bar noticing, even thought it's just something subtle that probably only few others would notice or even care about, but Elliot thinks he's in the awkward position of having to handle the situation but in a gentler way than usual because he doesn't want to mess up his chances with Clinton. Or whether he even needs to do anything about it.. Maybe interesting if he slightly overreacts, causing slight difficulties for their relationship, that he imagines are really big problems.
And there's definitely the potential to weave in something with Brun, irregarding whether it's directly related. Recently hasn't been much simultaneous storylines advancement, so I doubt this would happen.. I'd offer some odds for betting, but I'd rather wait for the old bet to resolve first. How many in-story days has it been so far? 2--3? Time really flies when I'm busy with---wait a minute!

I actually think this would be really, really interesting too.

I'm beginning to think my worst fears about this arc are being realised. Jeph, having failed to come up with a way to make a believable chemistry between Clinton and Elliot, has just arbitrarily declared that they're crushing on each-other (ignoring that their older interactions involved Clinton being afraid that he might get in a fight with Elliot over Brun) and just writing a load of light-weight cute comedy strips and expecting us to take the 'chemistry' thing as read.

We've already seen Clinton get all hot and bothered imagining touching Elliot's arms and stuff, and we know that Clinton decided to do this because it turns out he is physically attracted to Elliot, and he wants to hang out with him and see how he feels (and he is being very good and brave about it [/Claire]). I certainly got the nervous energy and romantic chemistry Jeph was going for from the confession comics, and I'm clearly not the only one here who's perfectly happy to see where he's planning on taking this. Which is something that nobody knows, especially not from a bit of friendly interaction at the start of the evening.

Yeah to be honest until I was a lot more up front about my attractions to guys, although still to this day it applies, I would often really struggle to realise a difference between an attraction and an admiration and a desire for friendship and a raging hot crush that I didn't know I had.

Honey consider that phrase stolen
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #55 on: 20 Oct 2020, 15:19 »

Which is why I’m grateful that none of the mods here go off on power trips like that. Some people let even the smallest amount of power go to their heads.

Well, that's embarrassing!  I mean, I pretty much forced my way into power on this forum, and part of the process did include stripping other mods of their powers.  Of course, I like to think that I saved the forum and became a benign dictator - but can you really believe what people like that say? ;)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #56 on: 20 Oct 2020, 15:28 »

Patreon cameo alert! Or Jeph is testing the waters to see if a Hercules tee-shirt will fly.

You have not had pizza until it's been sliced with a katana.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #57 on: 20 Oct 2020, 18:17 »

New comic.

Oooh, that poor squirrel.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

厚目眠子

• Plantmonster
« Reply #58 on: 20 Oct 2020, 18:20 »

Is it a "basket case"?

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #59 on: 20 Oct 2020, 19:10 »

We're all focusing on how Elliot got the chipmunk out...

...how did it get in in the first place?!

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #60 on: 20 Oct 2020, 19:28 »

They're devious little buggers, and I think they have the same "semi-liquid" state that cats are famous for. Saw one squeeze through a knot-hole in a wooden fence that I couldn't even get my pinky-finger through.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #61 on: 20 Oct 2020, 19:57 »

They're devious little buggers, and I think they have the same "semi-liquid" state that cats are famous for. Saw one squeeze through a knot-hole in a wooden fence that I couldn't even get my pinky-finger through.
Chipmunks are like Edward Tooms?
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #62 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:10 »

most rodents are. most small mammals really.

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #63 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:18 »

Pizza? Hawaiian! It's what was for supper. Yeah, just got home. Yay I still have a job. Work sucks though since technically I do back end support for the front line in the Pandemic.

Any-who on with e subject at hand, or plate. Pizza. When I was in college it was fresh yeast dough with quite literally whatever was still in the fridge that hadn't risen up in revolt yet and recognizable as food instead of someones thesis project.

As for the "Net, was in college when I got to play with that. Around then, I and my baby brother were running a basement computer shop [sorry for hijacking the workshop dad] and instead of hooking up to someone else's dial-up server we built out own. Public side was only one HDD but the blackboard had something like 6 drives of "questionable" code that was being shared by the local community.

As for rodents - as long as they can fit their skull through they can get the rest of themselves in. Very flexible, invasive, dirty and destructive with their constant gnawing.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #64 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:22 »

I do quite like rats, and feel guilty having to lay out traps for them. 
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Reaver

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #65 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:41 »

I don't get why a vet would laugh at you over being concerned about rabies if a rodent bites and breaks the skin of your hand tho...??Chipmunks  or no.
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

Gyrre

« Reply #66 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:42 »

Obligatory tree rodent song.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #67 on: 20 Oct 2020, 20:48 »

I don't get why a vet would laugh at you over being concerned about rabies if a rodent bites and breaks the skin of your hand tho...??Chipmunks  or no.

Ditto. Rabies is no laughing matter - just read Cujo.

EDIT: although apparently it's quite rare in squirrels: https://sciencing.com/signs-symptoms-rabies-squirrels-5578992.html

Perfectly Reasonable

« Reply #68 on: 20 Oct 2020, 21:27 »

A squirrel got into my place once. I think through the attic and then past a pipe in the ceiling of a closet. I managed to chivvy it into the cat carrier and released it outside. My cat just watched. No help at all.

Reaver

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #69 on: 20 Oct 2020, 21:39 »

Ditto. Rabies is no laughing matter - just read Cujo.

EDIT: although apparently it's quite rare in squirrels: https://sciencing.com/signs-symptoms-rabies-squirrels-5578992.html

I mean  was the joke "LOL Big man got bit by ITTY BITTY CHIPMUNK, whats wrooong not man enough to take it?" or was it "Lol but they don't have rabies"

Cause neither of those are true.
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #70 on: 20 Oct 2020, 23:11 »

My cat just watched. No help at all.
Of course not. It was supervising your practice hunt to make sure you did it right…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Gyrre

« Reply #71 on: 20 Oct 2020, 23:34 »

A squirrel got into my place once. I think through the attic and then past a pipe in the ceiling of a closet. I managed to chivvy it into the cat carrier and released it outside. My cat just watched. No help at all.

Literally why rat terriers exist.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Scarlet Manuka

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #72 on: 21 Oct 2020, 00:12 »

No, this is the obligatory squirrel song.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #73 on: 21 Oct 2020, 00:14 »

I mean  was the joke "LOL Big man got bit by ITTY BITTY CHIPMUNK, whats wrooong not man enough to take it?" or was it "Lol but they don't have rabies"

Cause neither of those are true.

Maybe the joke was WHY ARE YOU CALLING THE VET, HUMAN
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Starla!!

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #74 on: 21 Oct 2020, 00:45 »

I had a cat like that once. Nothing fazed her. A squirrel could have sauntered right past her, and she would probably think, "Gee, my atavistic instincts tell me I should hunt that thing down and kill it, but...man, that just seems like so much work.:roll:
Life is a 100% fatal sexually transmitted disease.

MattStriker

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #75 on: 21 Oct 2020, 00:54 »

So, funny story about rodents...

Where I live we've got one of just a few decently-sized urban populations of wild european hamsters. Not escaped pets, the genuine endangered native critter. When they turned up pretty much overnight (the large vacant lot where they'd been hiding got built on so the hamsters did a Watership Down, packed up all their stuff and moved in here with us) it became a topic of interest to the university's biology department.

So of course they sent some students to do fieldwork. I volunteered to help them out a few times and thus witnessed the horrors of wild rodents first-hand.

The little bastards had to be caught, weighed, blood and stool samples taken and marked to recognize them later.

Catching them was easy. Peanut butter is apparently irresistible to them so they'd wander into cage traps within minutes of them being put down. And as long as the peanut butter lasted, they were fairly content to stay in there. But eventually the stuff ran out, and the hamsters got cranky. By the time the students came to remove them from the traps, they tended to be on roughly the same level of cranky as Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down.

And the students had to reach into the traps to grab them.

They had heavy protective gloves. Kevlar-lined.

They didn't help much. Hamsters have enough bite strength to draw blood even if they can't pierce the material...they just drive it through your skin and flesh to the bone as well. Then somebody had to hold the struggling hamster while somebody else tried to get samples. Fun fact: Hamsters don't look like they have much in the way of a neck but their heads have a pretty surprising range of motion...

Those biology students developed a lifelong hatred of all things rodent within the span of a few months.

Tangentially related: Before the hamsters moved in, we had rat problems. There aren't any rats anymore. Only hamsters.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #76 on: 21 Oct 2020, 01:39 »

Probably should have given a bit more peanut butter first ... enough so that they get stuffed and lazy ?

Also something to grab them securely thats still at the end of a stick.

P.s.: And maybe add a weak barbiturate, even, too.
Carpe Diem

Gyrre

« Reply #77 on: 21 Oct 2020, 01:50 »

So, funny story about rodents...

Where I live we've got one of just a few decently-sized urban populations of wild european hamsters. Not escaped pets, the genuine endangered native critter. When they turned up pretty much overnight (the large vacant lot where they'd been hiding got built on so the hamsters did a Watership Down, packed up all their stuff and moved in here with us) it became a topic of interest to the university's biology department.

So of course they sent some students to do fieldwork. I volunteered to help them out a few times and thus witnessed the horrors of wild rodents first-hand.

The little bastards had to be caught, weighed, blood and stool samples taken and marked to recognize them later.

Catching them was easy. Peanut butter is apparently irresistible to them so they'd wander into cage traps within minutes of them being put down. And as long as the peanut butter lasted, they were fairly content to stay in there. But eventually the stuff ran out, and the hamsters got cranky. By the time the students came to remove them from the traps, they tended to be on roughly the same level of cranky as Michael Douglas' character in Falling Down.

And the students had to reach into the traps to grab them.

They had heavy protective gloves. Kevlar-lined.

They didn't help much. Hamsters have enough bite strength to draw blood even if they can't pierce the material...they just drive it through your skin and flesh to the bone as well. Then somebody had to hold the struggling hamster while somebody else tried to get samples. Fun fact: Hamsters don't look like they have much in the way of a neck but their heads have a pretty surprising range of motion...

Those biology students developed a lifelong hatred of all things rodent within the span of a few months.

Tangentially related: Before the hamsters moved in, we had rat problems. There aren't any rats anymore. Only hamsters.

.......Did none of those kids own pets? You have to assume the little bastards haven't eaten in awhile when you collect the traps and feed them before trying to handle them. The only time you don't do that is if you're collecting them for specimen samples (i.e. you're just going to snap their little necks via cervical dislocation anyways).

EDIT: typo fixes
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2020, 20:45 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #78 on: 21 Oct 2020, 02:15 »

I had a cat like that once. Nothing fazed her. A squirrel could have sauntered right past her, and she would probably think, "Gee, my atavistic instincts tell me I should hunt that thing down and kill it, but...man, that just seems like so much work.:roll:
Actually animals dont hunt unless they are hungry. Well .. typically not, anyway.

Also cats dont kill unless they learned it from their mother. Which means many house cats would die in the wild because they would hunt animals down all right but then not know what to actually do with them.
Carpe Diem

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #79 on: 21 Oct 2020, 02:18 »

... There aren't any rats anymore. Only hamsters.

Smacks not only of poetry, but as the last line of some epic Eco-Saga !   :)

Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #80 on: 21 Oct 2020, 02:19 »

Unfortunately, unless there are absolutely huge red flags otherwise, that's the standard reaction to someone getting bit, at least around here.  I know *one* person who would even be seen as serious about it, but she gets the vaccine since she rehabs bats.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #81 on: 21 Oct 2020, 15:02 »

Poor Elliot. Heh.

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #82 on: 21 Oct 2020, 18:31 »

Comic's up.

Now I have more questions about Yay. If one body is back at their "headquarters" petting Azathoth, can the body in Elliot's apartment share that enjoyment?

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #83 on: 21 Oct 2020, 18:39 »

"Yay is trying to be nice"

Elliot is more perceptive than I thought.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #84 on: 21 Oct 2020, 19:32 »

It's probably a bad idea to give Yay a hamster or similar. Azathoth and Mr. Smooches would hunt and kill the poor little critter.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #85 on: 21 Oct 2020, 19:40 »

When my dad was in college, he and one of his closest friends nearly came to blows over a cat.

They lived in an apartment complex that had two buildings.  There was space under the buildings that mice could get into and nest in.  They lived in different buildings.

My dad had a three-legged cat he called Rover.  Rover had been a stray who got into a fight with a dog (hence the missing leg).  Dad's building had the same conditions the other building did, but there were no mice.

Then Dad went home for an extended break, and asked his buddy in the other building to cat-sit Rover.  The buddy took Rover to his building, and suddenly, the mouse problem switched buildings.  When Dad got back, he had to fight his friend to get his cat back.

The cat had a litter of kittens before Dad realized "huh I really ought to get her spayed".  They gave one of the kittens to the buddy as a peace offering.

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #86 on: 21 Oct 2020, 19:51 »

No, this is the obligatory squirrel song.
No, this is.

Squirrels!
We aren't delicious
Squirrels!
We are not raccoons
Squirrels!
Don't live in palm trees
Squirrels!
Or in your bathroom
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2020, 19:57 by Theta9 »
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

N.N. Marf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • I came; I vexed; I left. Sorry.
« Reply #87 on: 21 Oct 2020, 20:05 »

Now I have more questions about Yay. If one body is back at their "headquarters" petting Azathoth, can the body in Elliot's apartment share that enjoyment?
Such data-processing offloading might help them maintain a staunch facade.
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)
Quote from: Neil Young (Sixty to Zero, ¶5)
Now the jailhouse was empty
All the criminals were gone

mneme

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #88 on: 21 Oct 2020, 21:39 »

I think Elliot may not be aware of how...powerful Yay really is? (even if they did give away a billion dollars)

I mean, this instance may live in a charging pod for now, but they clearly have enough property collectively to house a couple of dogs and other instances.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #89 on: 21 Oct 2020, 23:39 »

Actually, given how evil hamsters are, I think that they would make an ideal pet for a Dark Lord, even one who is so wonderfully nice towards animals!

Yay designed those eyes to be frightening. I don't  think that they ever thought about how certain nerdy or geeky humans would think that they're 'cool'. I wonder how many wannabe-edgelord synthetics have asked them to sell them snake-irised optics? Swordsmary and Punkbot, I'm looking at you two.

It's probably a bad idea to give Yay a hamster or similar. Azathoth and Mr. Smooches would hunt and kill the poor little critter.

I'm not 100% sure you've got that the right way around. Lots of cases of rodents injuring sensitive canine noses that were put where they were not wanted!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #90 on: 22 Oct 2020, 03:23 »

Is anyone else stuck on the fact that a woman as tall as Elliot just walked passed them, and neither one of them even looked at her?
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Perfectly Reasonable

« Reply #91 on: 22 Oct 2020, 05:16 »

She has Emily's eyes.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #92 on: 22 Oct 2020, 06:10 »

Is anyone else stuck on the fact that a woman as tall as Elliot just walked passed them, and neither one of them even looked at her?
She's certainly tall, but there is also the possibility that she's wearing heels.

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #93 on: 22 Oct 2020, 08:25 »

I noticed that too - if she were nearly as tall as Elliot, that would make her, what, 6 foot, 5 or 6 inches? Even if she were wearing high heels, that would be distinctively tall. However, I also noticed that there is a reasonable amount of space above her head in the doorway - but when Elliot goes through a doorway, there isn't much space (as standard doorways tend to be about 6 foot 8 high, or about 2 meters)*.
Conclusion: She's standing on a step, coming down into the bar.

*Of course, it could also be a non-standard door, and she really is roughly the height of Elliot (and Bubbles and New May)
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #94 on: 22 Oct 2020, 09:24 »

Oh, she's certainly tall, regardless.  I'm 6'4", and there are a number of young ladies around the University who are easily as tall as I am.

notStanley

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #95 on: 22 Oct 2020, 09:52 »

about the new poll "number between 1 and 10".  <sigh> why restricted to integers?  My answer is 4.5567894321547

TorporChambre

• Emoticontraindication
  • Hannelore Enthusiast
Hummina!
« Reply #96 on: 22 Oct 2020, 12:14 »

I noticed that too - if she were nearly as tall as Elliot, that would make her, what, 6 foot, 5 or 6 inches? Even if she were wearing high heels, that would be distinctively tall. However, I also noticed that there is a reasonable amount of space above her head in the doorway - but when Elliot goes through a doorway, there isn't much space (as standard doorways tend to be about 6 foot 8 high, or about 2 meters)*.
Conclusion: She's standing on a step, coming down into the bar.

*Of course, it could also be a non-standard door, and she really is roughly the height of Elliot (and Bubbles and New May)
Comparing legcrotch-heights, either legs long or door elevate. Tall nonetheless. Why'd make they door elevate? Trapping intoxicates? And if door elevate, short shorter, or step delevate.
``Remember about advanced texnics and noise?
We've hit fiction from science indistinct''
~Carl-E, QC forums

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #97 on: 22 Oct 2020, 14:02 »

about the new poll "number between 1 and 10".  <sigh> why restricted to integers?  My answer is 4.5567894321547

What? Why restrict yourself to such an arbitrary precision?
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #98 on: 22 Oct 2020, 15:13 »

Clinton and Roko have met, haven't they?  I'm a little surprised by the lack of reaction, although maybe I'm misremembering, or Clinton just didn't connect the names (yet).

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #99 on: 22 Oct 2020, 15:55 »

Clinton and Roko bumped1 into2 each other3 multiple times, doesn't seem like Clinton actually knows her name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up