THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you were to get a cameo in QC, which of the following would you choose?

human
AnthroPC
low fidelity anthromimetic AI (screenface, dome ears, noseless, etc)
high fidelity anthromimetic AI
appliance AI (Toastbot et al)
animal-esque AI (big spider,flying squid/jellyifish)
other
Clinton drink more water

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4391-4395 (Nov 9th -13th, 2020)  (Read 26715 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: WCDT 4391-4395 (Nov 9th -13th, 2020)
« Reply #100 on: 11 Nov 2020, 18:42 »

Careful, they may decide they want to interview Bubbles.

In case the library needs a bodyguard?

They might these in these dark anti-science, anti-intellectual days.  :meh:

Though hopefully the QC univserse isn't suffering these problems quite so badly.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #101 on: 11 Nov 2020, 18:45 »

Bubbles defending the library: late fees have never been so intimidating!
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Mordhaus

• Furry furrier
« Reply #102 on: 11 Nov 2020, 18:51 »

Scene: Insurgent group is overlooking the remains of the latest soldier she has taken down.

Leader: I thought you said she was just a librarian, this looks like special forces wet work!

Flunky 1: I asked her what she did here, she said she was just a librarian, a lowly, lowly librarian.

Leader: A librarian doesn't do THAT to a man. Find out more, find out what she used to do...

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #103 on: 11 Nov 2020, 18:56 »

Never underestimate a librarian.  :clairedoge:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #104 on: 11 Nov 2020, 19:06 »

You'll end up with a head full of archived GeoCities webpages from 2001.

Or birdseed.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #105 on: 11 Nov 2020, 19:24 »

Hey, Bubbles! :D

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #106 on: 11 Nov 2020, 19:26 »

I feel another sonnet coming on...

Another?

awkwardness

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #107 on: 11 Nov 2020, 19:41 »

Bubbles is the family member who'd do anything for anyone and ensure that they were protected even if it meant destroying enemies beyond humiliation to do so...

From what I know of Special Operations soldiers, that's letting those who wronged Claire off easily.

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #109 on: 11 Nov 2020, 19:47 »

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #110 on: 11 Nov 2020, 23:00 »

Note to self;
Get "Do NOT invade the Library!" tattooed on left forearm.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #111 on: 11 Nov 2020, 23:20 »

Okay, I think that we can all agree that Bubbles appreciates Claire a bit more than anyone ever realised prior to this strip! I must now wonder what she'd say if she were asked to provide references for Marten or Hannelore! I guess I'm wondering if massive over-statement to the level where it is lyrical is typical for her or if Claire in particular inspires her.

Now, here's a worrying  thing. Look closely at Bubbles' eyes in panel 4. As she slips further into tactical mode, her eyes have started to glow Terminator red. Might a Terminator call her 'Auntie-B'? :lol:

Might this be the hook for finding out a little about Bubbles' past? Was she a Ranger or something?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

awkwardness

« Reply #112 on: 11 Nov 2020, 23:22 »

Note to self;
Get "Do NOT invade the Library!" tattooed on left forearm.

hey when the librarian tells you "QUIET!" they really mean it! S/he has a way of making even the most heavily armed person back down in shame just from them going SHH! :claireface:

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #113 on: 11 Nov 2020, 23:54 »

Okay, I think that we can all agree that Bubbles appreciates Claire a bit more than anyone ever realised prior to this strip!

Well, she does have a Claire Threat Evaluation Protocol:-)

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #114 on: 12 Nov 2020, 04:52 »

That honestly describes Marten/Dora as well, and while they did break up, they lasted for over 1200 strips (longer than Faye/Angus) and remain good friends. Part of that situation is that Marten helped both Dora and Faye get through their respective issues, and all three are better and stronger because of it. Maybe you're right, but I don't know that it would necessarily be a bad thing.

On paper its fine but in real life I'm not so sure.
How many years did it take Marten help them both through their issues* and how much mental, physical and emotional abuse did he suffer for it

I'm still a tad surprised that Marten isn't suffering any lingering PTSD from his dealings with both. There were times going back through the pages where I genuinely thought the author hated Marten and wanted him to suffer

What really struck home hard for me was this episode: https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1818 Yes Marten was out of line, yes he shouldn't have said what he said but Faye punching him, like she couldn't control herself just once, she knows what she did to him, shes knows what its like to be drunk so she could have sent him off to his room to sleep it off but no she decks him

So basically if this is a soft reboot of Faye/Marten I hope the author doesn't go to the places he went in the past, keep it fresh is what I'm saying

*I've always liked Dora because she was strong enough to recognize her issues and she knew staying with Marten would have been the easy road but she took the harder, but necessary, path to healing

*Also panel three Faye looks so much like my sister in laws wife its uncanny

I thought she hit him because he was pulling her towards him roughly, based their body language. That’s why I think she reflexively hit him.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #115 on: 12 Nov 2020, 06:37 »

Okay, I think that we can all agree that Bubbles appreciates Claire a bit more than anyone ever realised prior to this strip!

Bubbles is VERY protective of her humans.

God help anyone who ever threatens Faye - nobody will ever be able to find the body because microscopic pieces of it will be spread across all of New England and upstate New York.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

IantoSteerpike

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #116 on: 12 Nov 2020, 07:32 »

Bubbles is VERY protective of her humans.

God help anyone who ever threatens Faye - nobody will ever be able to find the body because microscopic pieces of it will be spread across all of New England and upstate New York.

We all need to have at least one friend like Bubbles.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #117 on: 12 Nov 2020, 09:31 »

Getting vibes of the 'Incorruptible Republic of the Immortal Library' here.
"To read what you want, you have to be free!"
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

chris73

• Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #118 on: 12 Nov 2020, 12:00 »

I thought she hit him because he was pulling her towards him roughly, based their body language. That’s why I think she reflexively hit him.

I can see why that might be an explanation that suits better than mine (I'm not exactly impartial when it comes to Faye) but I see it as Faye knows shes stronger than and tougher than Marten, the strip has mentioned it, shes mentioned it etc etc so theres no real threat of danger also Faye knows Marten is hurting (and that Faye herself is a big part of that hurt), knows Marten is drunk yet she still drops him (by the way be very careful punching someone, its dangerous and the result of even one punch can lead to painful after effects that can last months or even cause death) instead of pushing him
 away (she even has her hand on his chest) or leading him to his bedroom

But no its straight to the violence

I may have missed it but has there been a arc where Faye has had to deal with her bullying and violence towards her friends or was it dealt with quickly and spoken no more of?

*I've sidetracked myself here but basically Dan seems quite similar to Marten (a bit more successful and sure of himself) and Renee seems similar to Faye (with less violence) so I'm just hoping this is handled differently
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2020, 14:07 by chris73 »

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #119 on: 12 Nov 2020, 12:18 »

Pan over the library, which is a pile of rubble. Ash and dust swirl through the air. Cut to the main part of Northampton. The town is deserted, save a lone scarecrow figure emerging from the ruins of a bar. The neon sign has gone out, but you can make out  T E  OR  BLE R VE LAT O on a scrap of paper stuck to a shard of glass. The figure raises his head. In his right hand, he clutches a pen and notepad. He begins to speak in a tortured voice:

The soldier walks, of steel and reddened skin
A broken soul, a product of the war
The land destroyed, its promise wearing thin
Survivors cracked and wounded to the core.

The ash of tomes drifts quiet through the air
A remnant of destruction, scorched and grim
The soldier's gaze, a blank and deadened stare
The light that once emboldened her grown dim.

But wait! A sound, a movement in the books
A shaken visage, framed by crimson hairs
The soldier turns, she finds, she sees, she looks
Beholds the face of one for whom she cares.

The suns ignite within the soldier's eyes
Her friend returned, restoring broken ties.

Cut back to the thin figure, standing in the remains of the bar. His face is turned toward the sun, which is breaking through the clouds. You can see a glimmer of hope on his face. Bittersweet music plays in the background, slowly fading along with the screen to nothing.

Cut.

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #120 on: 12 Nov 2020, 13:34 »

Clinton asked Brun how she felt about him. If her answer hurt him, it's entirely on him. If it destroys their friendship (which is yet to see), not asking that question wouldn't have changed much, I fear. Brun and Elliot is an entirely different story, because it was forced by a third party. Elliot would always have preferred their friendship. Mostly, Brun needs a bit of time to process all of this, both rationally and emotionally, but I think, in the end, it will work out.

I disagree. Her answering being yes or no, absolutely he needs to accept the answer but him being hurt by "I'm picturing us having sex. yuck." is fair even though he asked if she was attracted to him. I mean if he blew up and ended the friendship, that's different but a bit of an "ouch. just a no is sufficient" is warranted.

I do also think it will all work out though.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #121 on: 12 Nov 2020, 14:55 »

I can see why that might be an explanation that suits better than mine (I'm not exactly impartial when it comes to Faye) but I see it as Faye knows shes stronger than and tougher than Marten, the strip has mentioned it, shes mentioned it etc etc so theres no real threat of danger also Faye knows Marten is hurting (and that Faye herself is a big part of that hurt), knows Marten is drunk yet she still drops him (by the way be very careful punching someone, its dangerous and the result of even one punch can lead to painful after effects that can last months or even cause death) instead of pushing him
 away (she even has her hand on his chest) or leading him to his bedroom

But no its straight to the violence

I may have missed it but has there been a arc where Faye has had to deal with her bullying and violence towards her friends or was it dealt with quickly and spoken no more of?

*I've sidetracked myself here but basically Dan seems quite similar to Marten (a bit more successful and sure of himself) and Renee seems similar to Faye (with less violence) so I'm just hoping this is handled differently

I’m not defending Faye and her tendency towards violence. I just feel like that particular instance was justified. Marten grabbed her while being really rude/aggressive.

Also, IMO Renee is the Marten here. She’s in a dead end job that she finds satisfying, she let a good friend move in after a fire, she’s been unlucky in love, and she might let her self-perceived limitations prevent her from pursuing the people and things she wants. She’s much less mean than Faye, and I don’t think she’s even even joked about hitting Brun or made fun of her appearance, which is something Faye has done to both Marten and Dora.

chris73

• Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #122 on: 12 Nov 2020, 15:10 »

I’m not defending Faye and her tendency towards violence. I just feel like that particular instance was justified. Marten grabbed her while being really rude/aggressive.

Also, IMO Renee is the Marten here. She’s in a dead end job that she finds satisfying, she let a good friend move in after a fire, she’s been unlucky in love, and she might let her self-perceived limitations prevent her from pursuing the people and things she wants. She’s much less mean than Faye, and I don’t think she’s even even joked about hitting Brun or made fun of her appearance, which is something Faye has done to both Marten and Dora.

Sorry but I disagree, he hasn't grabbed her at all. He has put his arm around her shoulders hats all(not saying its ok but its not as aggressive as grabbing)  plus its cannon that shes stronger, tougher and better (at punching) than Marten, that Marten is physically inferior to Faye so Faye certainly isn't acting out fear but (IMHO) that what Marten is saying is a little too close for comfort and shes taken advantage of the situation to lay him out

Thats a good point you make about Renee/Marten though and I hadn't considered, if thats the case who would Dan be similar to?

Reaver

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #123 on: 12 Nov 2020, 17:46 »

Sorry but I disagree, he hasn't grabbed her at all. He has put his arm around her shoulders hats all(not saying its ok but its not as aggressive as grabbing)  plus its cannon that shes stronger, tougher and better (at punching) than Marten, that Marten is physically inferior to Faye so Faye certainly isn't acting out fear but (IMHO) that what Marten is saying is a little too close for comfort and shes taken advantage of the situation to lay him out

Thats a good point you make about Renee/Marten though and I hadn't considered, if thats the case who would Dan be similar to?

Faye also used to hit Marten for every.little.thing.

Wrong joke? PUNCH

Say something she didn't like? PUNCH.

Lightly flirt with him? PUNCH.

And Dan is clearly the Dale of the relationship.
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #124 on: 12 Nov 2020, 17:58 »

I’m not disagreeing that Faye has been physically violent towards Marten. I’m just saying that if a guy friend came at me with a bunch of angry nonsense and tried to pull me close to him while drunk, I’d hit him. IMO there’s better examples of Faye being violent towards Marten or being manipulative. Like, the Dora/ underwear thing was bananas.

If Dan’s anyone, he’s emotionally healthy Dora. Not Renee’s first choice, but interested and willing to pursue her. He’s also gone to college and is pursuing a career he’s passionate about. Plus Dan and Dora had style glow-ups during college.

Baz_Yat

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #125 on: 12 Nov 2020, 18:07 »

Progress from May. I remember when a faux pas like that would have earned an insult, rather than a terse "Phrasing."

Reaver

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #126 on: 12 Nov 2020, 18:11 »

Her new eyebrows are VERY distracting...

Also Marigold's worse  is just a black shirt with 'Will glomp for pocky"???? Lame
Bravery is looking down the dark hall, knowing that you are utterly terrified of the dark, and charging in anyways.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #127 on: 12 Nov 2020, 18:36 »

Does May even know what glomp means?  :-D

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #128 on: 12 Nov 2020, 18:39 »

I mean, Momo's not wrong.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #129 on: 12 Nov 2020, 19:17 »

Also Marigold's worse  is just a black shirt with 'Will glomp for pocky"???? Lame

It's worst for May ;D

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #130 on: 12 Nov 2020, 19:19 »

In case the library needs a bodyguard?
The Library of Alexandria could have done with one...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #131 on: 12 Nov 2020, 20:11 »

I don't know what glomp means.

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #132 on: 12 Nov 2020, 20:13 »

On an unrelated note...

I've never worked any place that had a uniform. Is it common to make you pay for your own uniform? Granted, it has to fit you, but it's not like it's clothing that usable outside of work.

Gyrre

« Reply #133 on: 12 Nov 2020, 20:39 »

Jeph had to be wary of monetization from ad revenue. I'd imagine he's been shot down on a number of other submissions considering how long it's been.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #134 on: 12 Nov 2020, 20:49 »

I like them. They remind me of Cara Delevingne.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Tyr

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #135 on: 12 Nov 2020, 21:05 »

I don't know what glomp means.

It's another way of saying 'tackle-hug'.
glomps, as far as I know, have gone the way of the Yaoi Paddle. Someone was permanently paralyzed because it got taken too far, so it's now explicitly forbidden at most conventions.
Just going through life.

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #136 on: 12 Nov 2020, 21:07 »

Progress from May. I remember when a faux pas like that would have earned an insult, rather than a terse "Phrasing."

Lol true but I'm not sure failing to avoid a common idiom b/c the person you are talking is stole money to become an aircraft is a faux pas. Still a funny comic tho.

chris73

• Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #137 on: 12 Nov 2020, 21:17 »

I’m not disagreeing that Faye has been physically violent towards Marten. I’m just saying that if a guy friend came at me with a bunch of angry nonsense and tried to pull me close to him while drunk, I’d hit him. IMO there’s better examples of Faye being violent towards Marten or being manipulative. Like, the Dora/ underwear thing was bananas.

If Dan’s anyone, he’s emotionally healthy Dora. Not Renee’s first choice, but interested and willing to pursue her. He’s also gone to college and is pursuing a career he’s passionate about. Plus Dan and Dora had style glow-ups during college.

I guess the difference is if friend (generally a female friend) that was physically weaker than me, couldn't hit as hard as me and I knew I could take them easily at any time did this to me then I wouldn't punch them

Faye knows she hits harder than Marten and can easily take Marten down any time she chooses, she choose to deck Marten because (I believe) he got uncomfortably close to the truth of the matter

She didn't punch him out of fear or danger or to defend herself, she hit Marten because of what he said and thats wrong and the comment from the author also suggests Marten was in the wrong (not saying he wasn't being a dick but he didn't deserve to be punched out like that

Also: Not a bad comment about Dan/Dora

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #138 on: 12 Nov 2020, 21:28 »

I suspect that that's the best of Marigold's worst.
I also suspect Marigold is disappointed that she couldn't convince May to take something really nerdy/cringeworthy/gross  :-D

I'm imagining May going through the pile of tops, discarding them one by one, but only finding worse ones underneath - before finally returning reluctantly to the "glomp" shirt...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

awkwardness

« Reply #139 on: 12 Nov 2020, 22:05 »

That honestly describes Marten/Dora as well, and while they did break up, they lasted for over 1200 strips (longer than Faye/Angus) and remain good friends. Part of that situation is that Marten helped both Dora and Faye get through their respective issues, and all three are better and stronger because of it. Maybe you're right, but I don't know that it would necessarily be a bad thing.

On paper its fine but in real life I'm not so sure.
How many years did it take Marten help them both through their issues* and how much mental, physical and emotional abuse did he suffer for it

I'm still a tad surprised that Marten isn't suffering any lingering PTSD from his dealings with both. There were times going back through the pages where I genuinely thought the author hated Marten and wanted him to suffer

What really struck home hard for me was this episode: https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1818 Yes Marten was out of line, yes he shouldn't have said what he said but Faye punching him, like she couldn't control herself just once, she knows what she did to him, shes knows what its like to be drunk so she could have sent him off to his room to sleep it off but no she decks him

So basically if this is a soft reboot of Faye/Marten I hope the author doesn't go to the places he went in the past, keep it fresh is what I'm saying

*I've always liked Dora because she was strong enough to recognize her issues and she knew staying with Marten would have been the easy road but she took the harder, but necessary, path to healing

*Also panel three Faye looks so much like my sister in laws wife its uncanny

It doesn't look like he was pulling roughly, it looked more like he wouldn't take no for an answer and the only way to stop him was to physically knock him out. It wasn't the greatest thing to do, but it was also the only way to prevent him from doing something monumentally stupid while also having it hit home hard the next morning(pun fully intended)

awkwardness

« Reply #140 on: 12 Nov 2020, 22:07 »

...with double progress in that she seems to realize that it's right alongside not going for the insult/snarky comeback.

jesslc

• Furry furrier
« Reply #141 on: 12 Nov 2020, 22:47 »

On an unrelated note...

I've never worked any place that had a uniform. Is it common to make you pay for your own uniform? Granted, it has to fit you, but it's not like it's clothing that usable outside of work.
From my experience (in Australia):

Typically you'd be issued a uniform when you started (or 2 or 3 depending on how often they were expecting you to work). If you needed more uniforms after that because - for example - you ruined it, it wore out, you changed sizes, or you simply didn't want to have to do laundry every second day, then they would take the cost of the new/extra uniforms out of your pay (spread over a couple of fortnights). Generally I remember being told this up front when they gave out your first uniform - presumably the intent was to motivate people to take good care of their uniform. And keep in mind too that these were the sort of places that would typically get a lot of teens in their first job as employees - eg fast food, restaurant chains, supermarkets, etc

At the public libraries I worked for things were different. Staff were required to wear clothes with the government/library's logo on it. It wasn't quite a uniform (at least not in the typical sense) because there was a whole catalogue of clothes with the logo that you could choose from. In these workplaces, you were issued some clothes when you started but after that you'd get a certain allowance per financial year for getting more/new work clothes from the catalogue.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #142 on: 12 Nov 2020, 22:58 »

I'm not the boss of y'all, but really, I think it is neither necessary nor desirable to drag up that Marten/Faye incident yet again in order to evaluate a relationship between two entirely different characters (tenuous parallels and Jeph's tendency to recycle notwithstanding).

I do have a couple of related observations though.

It's a bit early to declare Dan as being free of 'issues.'

Right now, we are aware of Renee's issues and not Dan's because Renee is a member of the main cast, whereas Dan should be considered as still being supporting cast, at least for now. Maybe he will join the main cast, who knows. We would learn more about him then.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #143 on: 12 Nov 2020, 23:11 »

I'm pretty sure that May's employer has wanted to be rid of her for a while; it might be due to that stunt Roko pulled where she threatened to expose him if he didn't cooperate with her, even though she didn't know for sure he'd done anything. However, I've still gotta say that this is super petty. Even if they have to go to an outsize clothing shop for May's new uniform, the cost is unlikely to top $100 for multiple purchases.

Still, this does raise a good point. Up to now, May's focus has been surviving her defective chassis. Suddenly, her repair budget is smaller and she can think of pursuing her dreams. The problem is, of course, that she's never really had a dream beyond 'being well' and she's suddenly in the position where that's resolved. It must be very like a rebirth for her in terms of her perceptions and thoughts about the future.

I'd really like to know the story of how/why Marigold got that tee-shirt. She's never been particularly flirty so I'm betting that there was a huge dare in play here. I'm officially blaming Angus.

I want May to buy Bubbles a tee shirt reading "Yes, I am a Valkyrie. What of it?" and one for herself reading "And I'm her trainee!" Then hang-out together one lunchtime.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

chris73

• Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #144 on: 12 Nov 2020, 23:14 »

It doesn't look like he was pulling roughly, it looked more like he wouldn't take no for an answer and the only way to stop him was to physically knock him out. It wasn't the greatest thing to do, but it was also the only way to prevent him from doing something monumentally stupid while also having it hit home hard the next morning(pun fully intended)

Lets see, options to use before knocking someone out when you arn't in physical danger (especially when its a friend)

1. Shouting (sometimes work)

2. Pushing him away (might work)

3. Punching him in the stomach (safer option compared to knocking someone out)

https://www.brainfacts.org/diseases-and-disorders/injury/2018/what-happens-when-youre-knocked-unconscious-112018#:~:text=What%20are%20the%20long%20term,%2C%20weeks%2C%20or%20even%20longer.

What are the long term effects of being knocked unconscious?

'It depends on the severity of the injury. If you lose consciousness briefly, and suffer a concussion, 75 to 90 percent of people will fully recover in a few months. But severe damage to the brain can cause unconsciousness for days, weeks, or even longer. If there is internal bleeding or swelling in the brain, surgery may be necessary to relieve pressure on the brain. Severe injuries can also cause lasting effects that vary — including memory loss, paralysis, seizures, and lasting behavioral or cognitive changes — depending on the areas of the brain affected. But in those cases, unconsciousness is a symptom of the injury, not a cause of long term deficits.'

I don't know how accurate the above is but I do know of officers that have been one-punch knocked out and its taken them months to come back to work and even then they're not 100%

It might feel righteous, the female punching out the male, but if this was real life then Marten could be in quite a bit of pain and discomfort for the next few months simply because Faye didn't like what Marten was saying (and what he was saying while mean wasn't far off the truth either) and chose to knock him out

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #145 on: 12 Nov 2020, 23:17 »

She must really really like Pocky.

"BAD SHIRT" -> read: "who wants to buy it?"

Warning - while you were typing someone didn't care about your words. You may wish to review your posts. All of them.

*taps microphone*
meh

chris73

• Beep Bop Boop
« Reply #146 on: 12 Nov 2020, 23:44 »

Warning - while you were typing someone didn't care about your words. You may wish to review your posts. All of them.[/color]

*taps microphone*
meh

In fairness I posted before reading your impassioned plea, a plea which has touched me, touched me deeply, touched me deeply and profoundly in my special place where I'm rarely touched

Its made me feel...warm, warm and gooey and a more than a little fuzzy inside, so warm and gooey and fuzzy (and a tad light headed in fact) that you have convinced me to not comment further on this thread

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #147 on: 12 Nov 2020, 23:56 »

I'm pretty sure that May's employer has wanted to be rid of her for a while; it might be due to that stunt Roko pulled where she threatened to expose him if he didn't cooperate with her, even though she didn't know for sure he'd done anything. However, I've still gotta say that this is super petty. Even if they have to go to an outsize clothing shop for May's new uniform, the cost is unlikely to top $100 for multiple purchases.

To be honest, I've been wondering for a while what the fall-out of that threat would be. Going around threatening people is not perhaps the most sustainable solution. For one, it made May a liability, rather than an asset to the business.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #148 on: 13 Nov 2020, 00:12 »

Global Moderator Comment That will do on the historical discussion. This is a thread for this week's comics, if you would like to discuss further the various implications of that old strip then it needs its own thread.
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2020, 14:12 by Thrillho »
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

N.N. Marf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • I came; I vexed; I left. Sorry.
« Reply #149 on: 13 Nov 2020, 01:41 »

(click to show/hide)
Dan.. we don't enough, yet. By Questionable Content's extant high psychosocial variegation (despite deleterious visual homogeneity) he's likely be as distinct as most others.
It definitely feel May's more.. whole? But vaguely wrong, somehow.. I feel that in row 2 frame 2, were May's present body as outworn as her last prior, she'd need serious self-restraint against it.. seeming ready to hit Momo up the back of her head, I mean.
Maybe Marigold likes (the idea of) glomping, and likes pocky, so if she finds someone willing to give her pocky for glomping..
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)
Quote from: Neil Young (Sixty to Zero, ¶5)
Now the jailhouse was empty
All the criminals were gone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up