hot coffee
hot fancy coffee (capucino, latte, etc)
hot coco
hot tottie
other
stay strong
Clinton drink more water

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4401-4405 (Nov 23th to Nov 27th, 2020)  (Read 18470 times)

SpanielBear

• The German Chancellory building
Re: WCDT 4401-4405 (Nov 23th to Nov 27th, 2020)
« Reply #50 on: 24 Nov 2020, 09:39 »

Posting for the sake of site management and how it appears on browsers, with no judgement intended-

Using the standard iPhone safari browser, MrNumbers’ avatar loads fine. N. N. Marf’s does not.

Not sure what that means, but for what it’s worth that’s my experience. The like buttons were slow to load for me as well, and I get occasional failures to open this site due to I guess domain issues? Not my area I’m afraid.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #51 on: 24 Nov 2020, 09:50 »

Administrator Comment The URLs at issue end with the ".onion" TLD. These URLs are intended for use within the Tor security network and are forbidden for use on the Internet by RFC 7686. Their use here will cause problems for anyone not using a Tor client, and can only be considered unfriendly to the community.

https://www.theregister.com/2015/10/28/onion_kept_off_public_internet/
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

N.N. Marf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • I came; I vexed; I left. Sorry.
« Reply #52 on: 24 Nov 2020, 12:10 »

The URLs at issue end with the ".onion" TLD.  These URLs are intended for use within the Tor security network and are forbidden for use on the Internet by RFC 7686.  Their use here will cause problems for anyone not using a Tor client, and can only be considered unfriendly to the community.

https://www.theregister.com/2015/10/28/onion_kept_off_public_internet/
Perhaps you misunderstood that request for comments. From the text thereof, published by the Internet Engineering Task Force:
   6.  DNS Server Operators: Operators MUST NOT configure an
       authoritative DNS server to answer queries for .onion.  If they
       do so, client software is likely to ignore any results (see
       above).

7.  DNS Registries/Registrars: Registrars MUST NOT register .onion
       names; all such requests MUST be denied.
Those are the only things forbidden according to that document. Presumably to avoid ambiguities. The ``onion'' top-level domain name is used to refer to TOR `onion services.' (Tangentially, (6) is poorly phrased: client software might ignore such results.) Problems caused by pointing to an onion service directly, should be no worse than problems caused by a pointer by name that doesn't resolve.
Switching to Firefox will get me MrNumbers's avatar just fine, as does enabling insecure content on this site. N.N. Marf's is still broken either way.
I'd switched it from the (obfuscated/shortened by TinyURL) `Tor2Web' gateway pointer to the resource, to the direct one. This might reduce delays caused by a client waiting for that resource to load.
As has been said elsewhere, I had tried using the `Tor2Web' gateway, so that embedded resources might be read by more users. For some reason, that had failed (I suspect CloudFlare, or, less likely, these forums' forum software), but it had seemed to work with the obfuscated locator. Now it seems that that had caused some problems for some users.
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)
Quote from: Neil Young (Sixty to Zero, ¶5)
Now the jailhouse was empty
All the criminals were gone

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #53 on: 24 Nov 2020, 13:53 »

Of all the hills to die on, why this one?

Your picture still fails to load, but it's failing to load a lot faster now.
oh god

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #54 on: 24 Nov 2020, 15:35 »

It's N.N. Marf's avatar fouling up the works. The "Like" button won't load until everything else loads, and his avatar is on some bizarre onion domain that won't load and will eventually time out.
I'm not sure how to construe that remark about my user-photo. I'm also not sure how some putative stylistic unconventionality of a third party resource---my net-site---should affect the well functioning of these forums.
Fine, I'll be more specific: Whatever site or file storage service you use is technically incompatible with this site. It is nothing about style and everything about incompatible coding and settings. Your link is irreversibly broken and is hurting other users of the forums. The only solution is to stop using your current location and find one that actually works with the forums. Trying to be cute or obtusely defensive about it just makes you come across in a bad light.
Except it's not irreversibly broken. It loads fine, for me, and at least one other person. (Just so you know, what you're saying about be finding a different host, is like telling someone in a wheelchair, to find different crutches. Yeah, the stairs are crumbling from wheels hitting them day in and day out, because what's in the building, is more valuable to the person in the wheelchair, than cost of being jostled by getting someone to drag the wheelchair up each step. The proper solution should be plan renovations that would make the building more accessible, maybe installing a ramp meanwhile---maybe don't blame the person in the wheelchair.) There's nothing obtuse about requesting elucidation about an opaque statement that could be construed as blaming, without further elucidation, one person for another's difficulty. Thank you cybersmurf, for at least something maybe helpful.

Moderator Comment I strongly advise you don't ever use this comparison to a wheelchair user ever again.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #55 on: 24 Nov 2020, 16:15 »

Wait, catering?? How big is Dora’s wedding going to be?

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #56 on: 24 Nov 2020, 16:28 »

Hiring a caterer for your wedding is very common, unless you want to cook everything yourself, or turn it into a potluck.

We had a caterer, and the amount of people present for that meal was about 30 (close family and friends).
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #57 on: 24 Nov 2020, 16:45 »

That’s true, I’m more speculating on the fancy level of the cuisine. I wonder how much of The Secret Bakery crew will get invited? How many forgotten faces will return?? Will Angus be there? I’m assuming not, unless he and Tai are besties. Marten’s flawed ONS might be there tho.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #58 on: 24 Nov 2020, 17:26 »

I can totally see Jim baking the wedding cake.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #59 on: 24 Nov 2020, 17:42 »

New comic up.

You know, Dora and Sven just do NOT have a healthy interaction with each other. Have they considered therapy?

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #60 on: 24 Nov 2020, 17:57 »

Most of it just reads as 'siblings ribbing each other' to me. Sven is reacting to it a bit more right now because of what he and May just went through.

Baz_Yat

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #61 on: 24 Nov 2020, 18:42 »

I want May to ask someone 'How do I pay it back' only to get told "You don't. Pay it forward instead"

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #62 on: 24 Nov 2020, 18:55 »

She can volunteer with Winslow :D

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #63 on: 24 Nov 2020, 21:38 »

She can volunteer with Winslow :D
That is a great idea. Get Momo into the act, too.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #64 on: 24 Nov 2020, 23:08 »

Being an only child, I'm not sure how normal Sven and Dora's interactions are for adult siblings. That said, you have to admire Sven for sticking to his decision not to reveal his intimate interactions with May to anyone. I also can't blame Dora for being interested. I mean... being behind that counter for 8 hours a day must get boring so any new gossip is welcome!

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that Hannelore is wondering who had appointed her as the Bianchis' official referee!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #65 on: 25 Nov 2020, 00:17 »

I think it varies from family to family. Mine tends to specialize in 'good natured insults'.

Potato Farmer

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #66 on: 25 Nov 2020, 01:09 »

I continue to be nonplussed by how Sven is treated.

Then again it's Dora so as a sibling she has leeway.

jesslc

• Furry furrier
« Reply #67 on: 25 Nov 2020, 02:42 »

Jeez Dora - if you want your brother to not be a jerk to the people he sleeps with, how about you stop sabotaging his efforts?  :-\

And as someone with siblings, I don't think that being siblings exempts you from respecting it when your sibling is protecting someone else's privacy. Curiosity is natural but trying to pressure your brother into telling you after he's said that - not cool.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #68 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:05 »

I'd switched it from the (obfuscated/shortened by TinyURL) `Tor2Web' gateway pointer to the resource, to the direct one. This might reduce delays caused by a client waiting for that resource to load.

You realise that you can simply upload the avatar image to the forum and avoid all this fuss (over the avatar image, at least)?  As I said before, deliberately continuing to use a URL which you know causes issues for other users is unfriendly to the community.

I am considering withdrawing the facility of using URLs for avatars altogether - it has caused other problems in the past, and most forums don't allow it anyway; but I would have to consult first, as a few other people use it (as I do, in fact).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #69 on: 25 Nov 2020, 03:06 »

Jeez Dora - if you want your brother to not be a jerk to the people he sleeps with, how about you stop sabotaging his efforts?  :-\

And as someone with siblings, I don't think that being siblings exempts you from respecting it when your sibling is protecting someone else's privacy. Curiosity is natural but trying to pressure your brother into telling you after he's said that - not cool.
Yeah, but we already know Dora has serious boundary issues, specifically not respecting others. That’s why Marten broke it off after all…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Cypher

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #70 on: 25 Nov 2020, 05:17 »

Sven might not be in line for canonisation, but it occurs to me, yet again, to wonder exactly what it is he gets out of interacting with Dora, like, ever. A jealous kid sibling might have a tiny element of charm when you're both young, but at this point it's just rather pathetic, at least in as much as their dynamic colours seemingly every single interaction they have. Leaving aside the fact that he was a bit of a douche in the past, I don't really see why he needs her approval in any respect in the first place, particularly when she remains so blind to her own flaws and doesn't ever seem to have done anything to improve herself.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #71 on: 25 Nov 2020, 06:24 »

Sven might not be in line for canonisation, but it occurs to me, yet again, to wonder exactly what it is he gets out of interacting with Dora, like, ever. A jealous kid sibling might have a tiny element of charm when you're both young, but at this point it's just rather pathetic, at least in as much as their dynamic colours seemingly every single interaction they have. Leaving aside the fact that he was a bit of a douche in the past, I don't really see why he needs her approval in any respect in the first place, particularly when she remains so blind to her own flaws and doesn't ever seem to have done anything to improve herself.
He’s there to see his friend Hannelore; his sister just happens to employ her and also work there. At this point, interacting with Dora is the price of admission. Also he might want a coffee? I don’t think that’s been established yet.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #72 on: 25 Nov 2020, 07:42 »

Also, he probably loves her. Tbh this sibling interaction seems pretty normal-to-pleasant to me. I know you can only infer tone, but I “hear” Dora as joking and Sven as acknowledging but deeply over the teasing.

Hasn’t Dora done a lot to help both her and Sven grow, both as individuals and as siblings? She’s doing the work in terms of her counseling and attempts to moderate her own responses to others.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2020, 07:48 by Oenone »

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #73 on: 25 Nov 2020, 09:17 »

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that Hannelore is wondering who had appointed her as the Bianchis' official referee!
"Fault!"

(three seconds pass)

"Fault!"

(three seconds pass)

"Fault!"

N.N. Marf

« Reply #74 on: 25 Nov 2020, 09:38 »

I strongly advise you don't ever use this comparison to a wheelchair user ever again.
You're right. A better metaphor would be to tell a person who can walk on their own, though perhaps with a gait that might be clumsy, especially on these crude floors, to use braces, even going so far as pointing, multiple times, to the braces you have for them to use. Except not considering the possibility that those braces won't fit them, or might damage their legs. I want to be perfectly clear, in case it wasn't: the metaphor, isn't about me being crippled, but about you telling crippled persons to deal with their being crippled a certain way.
You realise that you can simply upload the avatar image to the forum and avoid all this fuss (over the avatar image, at least)?  As I said before, deliberately continuing to use a URL which you know causes issues for other users is unfriendly to the community.
And these are the braces you're pointing to, incredulous at my not using them, considering that somehow unfriendly to some vague `community.' And the metaphor continues: it's difficult to brace and unbrace; it's difficult to change my user-photo that way. And, no, I don't know that it causes problems. I know that a certain confluence of circumstance, which seems happens to include my user-photo pointer, has been reported to cause problems for other persons. They seem to emphasize my user-photo. Maybe that's what's most visible to them. And sure, similar problems have occurred in the past. This is time, though, is the first time that I'm getting any helpful feedback about what, exactly, the problem might be---so is the first time I even have an opportunity to try something better than random.
I think there's a deeper problem with a certain mentality, where, after something is recognized as a possible answer to a problem---just use our braces---that would alleviate some difficulties, all other potential solutions are rejected, and very little is done to even try coming to something that might accommodate everyone better. And again, about the vague `community'---unfriendly to whom, exactly? To everyone? Certainly not: it's not unfriendly to me---unless you're excluding me from the community, but do explain on what grounds, if not arbitrary. To a part of the community? Maybe, but the insistence that it's primarily my problem, is also unfriendly to a part of the community. Maybe, if you would be so kind, please be more descriptive about what, exactly you mean, rather than using that weasel-word, and, at the least, explain what action, exactly, in what way, exactly, is unfriendly. It's starting to look like maybe you just don't like me for whatever reason.
I am considering withdrawing the facility of using URLs for avatars altogether - it has caused other problems in the past, and most forums don't allow it anyway; but I would have to consult first, as a few other people use it (as I do, in fact).
That seems would be an equitable solution: make it equally difficult for everyone. Force everyone who wants to walk, to use braces. As a temporary fix, until you get better control of the server as you claim to be planning, that might be tolerable.
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #75 on: 25 Nov 2020, 10:36 »

Sigh. This is the Dora who snooped on Marten's porn archive after being told not to.

( today the site loaded fine except for the notorious N.N. Marf avatar. when i try to visit the revised url, firefox now gives me

We can’t connect to the server at www.mmhak3fquhmd3fnaplgvgcq5yxefhhv3h53m6p6ckiblau675f6milyd.onion.

that had better be one thunder bang wonderful avatar )

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
« Reply #76 on: 25 Nov 2020, 10:52 »

I feel bad for Sven.

luminantAegis

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #77 on: 25 Nov 2020, 11:00 »

that had better be one thunder bang wonderful avatar

Had nothing better to do on lunch, decided to hop onto Tor and "walk" to it. It's alright.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #78 on: 25 Nov 2020, 11:47 »

Marf, it's not the forum software, and it's not the server hosting the forum software. It is, at a very great stretch, the fault of the users' browsers for not resolving the .onion TLD - but since those RFCs specifically say that DNS operators must return NXDOMAIN for .onion requests I can hardly fault them for trusting that the domain does not exist.

But just for fun, I thought I'd try loading this page in a bunch of different browsers:

Chrome - name resolution fails
Firefox - doesn't make the request
Edge - name resolution fails
IE11 - doesn't make the request
Tor Browser - succeeds, strangely enough

So maybe four of those browsers are faulty? It seems unlikely, given that they make up a hair under 75% of all browser use and more than 85% of desktop browser use. But maybe they are, so I'll try going a level lower.

What does nslookup give me?
Code: [Select]
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6

PS C:\Users\Richard> nslookup
Default Server:  bthub.home
Address:  fe80::66cc:22ff:fee9:9b61

> mmhak3fquhmd3fnaplgvgcq5yxefhhv3h53m6p6ckiblau675f6milyd.onion
Server:  bthub.home
Address:  fe80::66cc:22ff:fee9:9b61

*** bthub.home can't find mmhak3fquhmd3fnaplgvgcq5yxefhhv3h53m6p6ckiblau675f6milyd.onion: Non-existent domain
>

Oh. Well, uhhhhhh... Maybe my nslookup is faulty too? I'll try someone else's.

https://network-tools.com/nslookup/ - nothing returned
https://centralops.net/co/NsLookup.aspx - NameError
http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php - NXDOMAIN

Dang, there's a lot of faulty software out there.

Or maybe - juuuust maybe - using a .onion address on a site intended to be used on the non-Tor Internet is a silly idea.

If you want metaphors, you're walking around Edinburgh and wondering why people look at you funny when you tell them to visit you in Brigadoon.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #79 on: 25 Nov 2020, 13:01 »

that had better be one thunder bang wonderful avatar

Had nothing better to do on lunch, decided to hop onto Tor and "walk" to it. It's alright.

You have done a wonder bang noble deed this day!

But just for fun, I thought I'd try loading this page in a bunch of different browsers:
Or maybe - juuuust maybe - using a .onion address on a site intended to be used on the non-Tor Internet is a silly idea.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

N.N. Marf

« Reply #80 on: 25 Nov 2020, 14:30 »

Marf, it's not the forum software, and it's not the server hosting the forum software. It is, at a very great stretch, the fault of the users' browsers for not resolving the .onion TLD - but since those RFCs specifically say that DNS operators must return NXDOMAIN for .onion requests I can hardly fault them for trusting that the domain does not exist.
I didn't say the difficulties were that some can't access the directly pointed-to resource. I pretty clearly stated that that was the most recent thing that I had tried, to ameliorate the reported certain these forums' features' activation delay, that seemed to be the `Tor2Web' gateway misbehaving (I saw it misreporting errors, claiming it had gotten HTTP errors in the 500s---internal server errors---that the host I use never gives). I don't find it so important that everyone see my user-photo---that's not an error I care about, and neither do others, it seems, because it's never been reported before, except that another user's user-photo similarly not display properly, reported in comparison to my user-photo not displaying and `causing' delays---so I changed it to the direct pointer: the delay has been reported to have been reduced, and no further problems have been reported to me.
Dang, there's a lot of faulty software out there.
Yes. Yes that is. A lot and a lot of of faulty software. Here's the thing: that domain exists---so, yes, they're wrong. What they should be saying is they're unaware of that domain existing. But they say it doesn't exist---they're making false claims. Sadly, in this case, that's the majority, so some assholes consider themselves right in not accommodating---even going so far as sneering at---certain minority cases, without even considering that there might be a legitimate reason that the minority case does things that way. Here's a hint: most minority cases, have a good reason.
If you want metaphors, you're walking around Edinburgh and wondering why people look at you funny when you tell them to visit you in Brigadoon.
Geographically-localized metaphors about the internet tend to not work well. The internet is all around the world, more like international postage: mentioning a TOR resource on the `clear' internet, would be like mentioning something that can be delivered by one postal company, in a message delivered by a `the' (i.e. the `usual' or `standard') postal company. Some persons might not want to get things delivered by that postal company---that's fine, let them not. That's a terrible reason to prevent such things being mentioned.

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #81 on: 25 Nov 2020, 14:54 »

Maybe do yourself a favour, and look up the places? Brigadoon is a fictional place, that locked itself away from reality, for safety reasons, and is only accessible under well-defined and very limited circumstances.

You might also want to consider the reason it's reporting it doesn't exist, and whether that is fit for purpose as intended for that network.

But fine, maintain that your one use case trumps all else.

Edited: I really should switch off autocorrect.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2020, 16:04 by Cornelius »
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #82 on: 25 Nov 2020, 14:57 »

I strongly advise you don't ever use this comparison to a wheelchair user ever again.
You're right. A better metaphor would be to tell a person who can walk on their own, though perhaps with a gait that might be clumsy, especially on these crude floors, to use braces, even going so far as pointing, multiple times, to the braces you have for them to use. Except not considering the possibility that those braces won't fit them, or might damage their legs. I want to be perfectly clear, in case it wasn't: the metaphor, isn't about me being crippled, but about you telling crippled persons to deal with their being crippled a certain way.
And these are the braces you're pointing to, incredulous at my not using them, considering that somehow unfriendly to some vague `community.' And the metaphor continues: it's difficult to brace and unbrace; it's difficult to change my user-photo that way. And, no, I don't know that it causes problems. I know that a certain confluence of circumstance, which seems happens to include my user-photo pointer, has been reported to cause problems for other persons. They seem to emphasize my user-photo. Maybe that's what's most visible to them. And sure, similar problems have occurred in the past. This is time, though, is the first time that I'm getting any helpful feedback about what, exactly, the problem might be---so is the first time I even have an opportunity to try something better than random.
I think there's a deeper problem with a certain mentality, where, after something is recognized as a possible answer to a problem---just use our braces---that would alleviate some difficulties, all other potential solutions are rejected, and very little is done to even try coming to something that might accommodate everyone better. And again, about the vague `community'---unfriendly to whom, exactly? To everyone? Certainly not: it's not unfriendly to me---unless you're excluding me from the community, but do explain on what grounds, if not arbitrary. To a part of the community? Maybe, but the insistence that it's primarily my problem, is also unfriendly to a part of the community. Maybe, if you would be so kind, please be more descriptive about what, exactly you mean, rather than using that weasel-word, and, at the least, explain what action, exactly, in what way, exactly, is unfriendly. It's starting to look like maybe you just don't like me for whatever reason.
That seems would be an equitable solution: make it equally difficult for everyone. Force everyone who wants to walk, to use braces. As a temporary fix, until you get better control of the server as you claim to be planning, that might be tolerable.

Global Moderator Comment Stop.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #83 on: 25 Nov 2020, 15:25 »

As a disabled person myself, sometimes, when I'm rejected from a job application process because I can't 'supply my own transport' for a job that does not require it at all, I think to myself: Damn, this must be how it feels like to be told I should just upload my avatar directly to a webcomic forum.
oh god

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #84 on: 25 Nov 2020, 16:00 »

I blocked them quite some time ago, and feel better for it.  This lack of basic netiquitte only confirms that decision.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #85 on: 25 Nov 2020, 16:38 »

I blocked them quite some time ago, and feel better for it.  This lack of basic netiquitte only confirms that decision.

OhCousin I understand the sentiment, but I have this hunch that the mod-team would prefer dealing with this without also having to corral the resident cradle of ill-tempered felines (meaning 'us') at the same time.
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #86 on: 25 Nov 2020, 16:45 »

Fair enough.

Back to the comic:
In the last few frames, Dora kind of reminds me of Sam. Probably it's the hair and pose.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Potato Farmer

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #87 on: 25 Nov 2020, 17:01 »

So someone is equating an adamant desire to keep using a problematic domain to host their avatar picture, which is entirely voluntary, with being either crippled or physically handicapped/disadvantaged.

Okay.

Oh them being siblings doesn't mean it's just okay, but (most) siblings are close enough or care enough for each other that such questionable actions are less offensive because they can trust each other to not act with intentional malice.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2020, 18:00 by Potato Farmer »

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #88 on: 25 Nov 2020, 18:00 »

Comic up, site down
oh god

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #89 on: 25 Nov 2020, 18:24 »

Comic up, site down

This is the first time this week the page hasn't failed to load properly straight away (for me, anyway).  :-\ 
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

FreshScrod

• Plantmonster
  • Kiötic Declension
« Reply #90 on: 25 Nov 2020, 18:38 »

2020 is one whole cooked turkey of a year!
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Daniel Cowman
I don't exist, I don't exist
Quote from: The MIndless Voice
The program for this evening is not new
You have seen this entertainment through and through

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #91 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:03 »

Oh right, it's US Turkey day tomorrow.

(Canadian)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #92 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:10 »

Being on the Southern Hemisphere, Turkey Day tends to make me go 'meh'. Then again, I am kinda 'forced' to celebrate it since my mother's partner is American, so they put on a meal every year.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #93 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:22 »

Meals are nice. I hope it’s a good one.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #94 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:26 »

It usually is, my mother is a good cook 😊 She does tend to get a bit passive-agressive about how much work it is, and how much time she spent in the kitchen, and that it takes a day to do the cleanup... So this year we put our foot down and divvied up the tasks 😉

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #95 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:31 »

The OMG turkey is having a rough time. Hopefully it'll be back next year.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #96 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:38 »

Oh right, it's US Turkey day tomorrow.

(Canadian)
On Patreon, Jeph commented that he had forgotten about doing the turkey comic until the last moment, since he lives in Canada now.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #97 on: 25 Nov 2020, 19:40 »

Comic:

Tehe ...  :laugh:
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #98 on: 25 Nov 2020, 21:29 »

It usually is, my mother is a good cook 😊 She does tend to get a bit passive-agressive about how much work it is, and how much time she spent in the kitchen, and that it takes a day to do the cleanup... So this year we put our foot down and divvied up the tasks 😉

I like that. To tie back to this storyline, sometimes it’s about changing your response to your family’s habits, not just them changing their habits. I see Dora and Sven both working to avoid the triggers for past conflict with each other, and May thinking through her response to Sven. #growth lol

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #99 on: 25 Nov 2020, 22:51 »

Jeph is very into his characters experiencing growth 😊 I like that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up