Postal worker
- 8 (7.8%)
Zamboni driver (!)
- 6 (5.9%)
(Another) Barista at Coffee of Doom
- 4 (3.9%)
Earth-to-orbit shuttle pilot
- 8 (7.8%)
Street marketing operative (handing out leaflets whilst wearing a sandwich board)
- 10 (9.8%)
Sven's professional muse and girlfriend
- 14 (13.7%)
Still a convenience store clerk, just in a far more curvacious chassis
- 11 (10.8%)
Other (Please specify in comments)
- 3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4111 to 4115 (7th to 11th December 2020)  (Read 22199 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

Okay, so this one is entirely based on strips 4395 and 4396 where May is thinking about where she can go in terms of a new job. One thing is sure from the first panel of Strip 4396: Whatever she does, she intends to be sexy too!

What do you think are the three best options that could be open to her? You'll notice that I have included all the options Jeph suggested in strip 4396, even though I do think at least one of them is more Jeph's tribute to Charles Schultz than anything else.

What options have I chosen?
  • Admin at Union Robotics - It's a logical outgrowth of her volunteering to work with Sam one afternoon. She figures out that Faye and Bubbles need someone to keep their 'files' in order and maybe take appointments. I think that her attitude would let her fit right in!
  • Street entertainer/marketing leaflet distributor - Because this is a job that she told Faye that she likes
  • Sven's professional muse - Because I'm a Svey shipper and I like the thought that, no matter what job she eventually gets, she can't get away from Sven and her affect on him!
You have three votes each!
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020, 01:12 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: WCDT strips 4111 to 4115 (7th to 11th December 2020)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2020, 06:20 »

Oh thank god, I was completely drawing a blank on the QC related poll idea I had in the middle of last week.

Other: Something on-screen in television/streaming. Probably just local commercials or something, but can you imagine her as a news anchor? That has potential for hilarity. She'd probably either do the fluff pieces or on-the-scene segments.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Dandi Andi

• FIGHT YOU
  • They/them she/her. Formerly Pecoros7. Still tired.
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2020, 08:25 »

can you imagine her as a news anchor? That has potential for hilarity.

Better. Let her do the weather. Call it "Let me just fucking Google that for you". She'll make a big deal out of the fact that she's just pulling data from the National Weather Service which you could have done in five seconds from the device you're already watching her on.

N.N. Marf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • I came; I vexed; I left. Sorry.
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2020, 08:42 »

(Addendum:
Quote from: Bud
Repo Man's always intense
I think May would jump right on to being a repo diver, but I think the story would be made so much more interesting if:)
May quits / gets fired from her convenience-store job, thinks about what to do for money, gets desperate after a while and pleads the case to Bubbles/Faye that they, despite struggling to be profitable, should take on another employee. May produces a list of qualities, like her no-bullshit sensibility and hard bargaining---qualities that she's actively demonstrating in that moment---and more, that'd make her a benefit to their business. Faye begrudgingly accepts it, half because May has a good point about how she could probably help the business and half from wanting to help May---begrudgingly, half because they don't know how they're gonna pay, and half because she hasn't really liked May recently. Sam's spray business, meanwhile, is on the up-and-up, so the four of them end up arranging that officially May'll be Sam's understudy or something (I think it might even end up being phrased that way), while mainly focusing on how to maybe improve Union Robotics. In theory, she'd be doing admin work, but really, she'd be doing all sorts of odd jobs, most of her own devise or Sam's bidding. At some point, Sam needs to do something for a few minutes, and she's used to Bubbles filling in her doodles when that happens, but this time, Bubbles is busy, too, so Sam asks May to ``fill in for me a sec.'' May doesn't really know how to proceed, the client voices their excitement about getting not only a collaborative spray, which is rare, but with a new artist---their friends will be invidious, etc---so May takes that cue to horribly mangle whatever cool thing Sam had started, but the client ends up liking it so well they pay extra, and get that part of their chassis replaced so they can hang it up for all to see. May achieves legendary status as a spray artist, but doesn't think she can live up to the expectations, so keeps producing ever stranger masterpieces, eventually starting to purposely do it as horribly as possible, just to try to get them off her case, but that's very in right now, so that only flames the fire more. May, of course, is not conscious of the art appreciation scene, but only knows that everyone wants her sprays. Eventually she caves, and starts trying to make good stuff, but less often, because she's under a lot of stress essentially working two jobs, wanting to focus on the Union Robotics admin work---just as the horribly mangled fad starts dying down. There are always diehard fans who won't like her newer stuff, but 96% of connoisseurs agree, if her early work was any good (and oh-boy do they thing it was good), then her newer work must be great. Meanwhile, May has been sorting out inefficiencies in Union Robotics, bargaining down the price of the parts they order, fairly aggressively advertising the brand she's, maybe not consciously, building. There's even a bit where she assumes Momo ``knows all that social-media crap.'' She ends up often telling Bubbles/Faye what to do, effectively becoming their boss, then after a while of the business being profitable, May notices that she still hasn't seen a penny from Union Robotics per se---she's been paid enough for her sprays, but is still struggling. They all realize the error, and make it official, and give her `back pay'---for however many months May's been on the books: so May is officially their boss now, though they are still very much the owners and can fire May if they really want. Or they reorganize it so that May is a contractor for Union Robotics, for Sam.</walloftext>
can you imagine her as a news anchor? That has potential for hilarity.
Better. Let her do the weather. Call it "Let me just fucking Google that for you". She'll make a big deal out of the fact that she's just pulling data from the National Weather Service which you could have done in five seconds from the device you're already watching her on.
Hey, TV's gotta try something to appeal to younger viewers. Tangentially, I remember back in the early 90s, when I took out my TV service. I was at friends' place, and a little kid was running around (I dunno, they were 5?) and there was a violent movie streaming, and the kid just looked at this terrible thing that happened on the TV, and was taken aback, and then it didn't even register. They're probably OK, but that horrified me.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020, 17:58 by N.N. Marf »
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)
Quote from: Neil Young (Sixty to Zero, ¶5)
Now the jailhouse was empty
All the criminals were gone

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2020, 10:27 »

Space junk removal. Net the small stuff, attach de-orbit retro-packs to bigger stuff.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #5 on: 06 Dec 2020, 12:35 »

My choices:

* Towtruck driver/repo girl: she would LOVE that
* Intern at the AI Advocacy Group: because she is already thinking about paying it forward
* Street marketing operative: she can intimidate passers by into buying stuff :D

With some of the other options, I think that her criminal record would prohibit her from actually getting the job, alas.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2020, 16:25 »

I'm not sure you can do Repo-man work with a criminal record. At least not with a reputable company...

Gyrre

« Reply #7 on: 06 Dec 2020, 18:13 »

I'm not sure you can do Repo-man work with a criminal record. At least not with a reputable company...

She might try for mechanic if she's got any inclination for that sort of thing.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Wombat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2020, 18:45 »

I get so excited when characters in different orbits are about to interact.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #9 on: 06 Dec 2020, 19:02 »

I took me a while to figure out the meaning behind Brun's 'very restful sleep' comment. It was a nice dig through my memory banks :D

I don't think Millie will get as much joy out of her new femur as she did with her butt implants, but it must be a nice thought that her leg won't collapse under her any time soon.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #10 on: 06 Dec 2020, 20:02 »

This is a nice comparison to May’s journey. Customizing and maintaining your body must be a life long investment for most AI, but because most seem to start off with a build (even if it’s basic), they don’t have the chronic, all consuming failure issues May did.

Also I really really want chibi Renee stickers. She gives such good advice!

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #11 on: 06 Dec 2020, 20:40 »

I hope Brun is OK watching what is pretty much minor surgery. *lol*

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #12 on: 06 Dec 2020, 21:08 »

I don't think Brun's the kind of person who would be bothered by that.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #13 on: 06 Dec 2020, 23:11 »

I'm going to say it now: Millifeulle either saw a child playing make-believe phone conversation or saw someone do this on the TV or on a video. She just picked it up as "how humans use the 'phone" and has done it ever since. Once again, we see that, on a conscious or unconscious level, most Synthetics have a strong "I want to do it how humans do it" impulse.

I do love how Brun is needing to recall Renee's advice to work out appropriate behaviour that normally simply wouldn't occur to her. I wonder how Renee would react to the revelation that she is Brun's guide to acceptable behaviour?

There's the problem with your assumptions there: 'Reputable'. I mean, it would be better for May if her employer was straight and legit but you could very easily see her being seduced by the promise of adventure and not think of the legal consequences to her from being an Outlaw Repo Gal.
~~~~

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #14 on: 07 Dec 2020, 00:17 »

I'm going to say it now: Millifeulle either saw a child playing make-believe phone conversation or saw someone do this on the TV or on a video. She just picked it up as "how humans use the 'phone" and has done it ever since. Once again, we see that, on a conscious or unconscious level, most Synthetics have a strong "I want to do it how humans do it" impulse.

oh god

Gyrre

« Reply #15 on: 07 Dec 2020, 00:24 »

I do love how Brun is needing to recall Renee's advice to work out appropriate behaviour that normally simply wouldn't occur to her. I wonder how Renee would react to the revelation that she is Brun's guide to acceptable behaviour?

There's the problem with your assumptions there: 'Reputable'. I mean, it would be better for May if her employer was straight and legit but you could very easily see her being seduced by the promise of adventure and not think of the legal consequences to her from being an Outlaw Repo Gal.
'Outlaw Repo Gal' sounds like a movie/fic you've been working on for awhile.
a real-ass gaddam sword

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #16 on: 07 Dec 2020, 00:35 »

Millie may be my favorite character.  And not just because I'm fond of that particular shade of green.

Boxer

• Plantmonster
« Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2020, 00:40 »

I'm going to say it now: Millifeulle either saw a child playing make-believe phone conversation or saw someone do this on the TV or on a video. She just picked it up as "how humans use the 'phone" and has done it ever since.
If you ask a child now to use their hand to pretend to talk on the phone, a lot of them won't make that gesture today.  They will mimic a smart-phone with the open palm of their hand.
a) palm to face. b) hold their palm below their face and occasionaly make swipe gestures. c) hold their palm out further, as though making a video call or taking a selfie.

The hand gesture may just be a robot etiquette thing that evolved over time to help others distinguish when they on the phone (like everytime I walk up to someone at work with headphones on, are they? aint they? do I hear music?)
or it could be a default "gesture" added to all robots when they included voice chat functions, the "gesture" probably has patents, trademarks and million dollar court cases fighting over.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2020, 01:07 »

'Firefly' meets 'Demolition Man'?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2020, 01:17 »

To transliterate from the title of the original Japanese Anime: "Pretty Ronin Item Repossession Champion May-chan Blue Woman!"
~~~~

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2020, 02:52 »

1) When I saw "professional muse", I thought "Of course!"
Who else could possibly be more able to supply totally horrible ideas for Sven, than May? Professionally speaking, it's a match made in heaven - taste-wise, however, it would be a giant downward step  :-D

2) I think May's boss may have second thoughts about charging May for a new uniform, when every sleaze who usually furtively hangs around the adult book section, would instead be coming to the cashier to buy something, just so they can ogle the "new" cashier. Sales go up, so he starts playing nicer with May - maybe a raise if she plays her cards right?

3) Other:- Northampton has its weird way with May - she tries on Emily's "Team CoD" uniform (# 3927) and she becomes the latest costumed superhero/super-villain* in town...

* with May - take your pick...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #21 on: 07 Dec 2020, 04:06 »

I'm just loving the "phone pantomime" thing.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #22 on: 07 Dec 2020, 13:36 »

I'm just loving the "phone pantomime" thing.

Yes, I also liked this a lot.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #23 on: 07 Dec 2020, 13:53 »

I'm not changing my vote, but I stumbled onto a new class of video last night: cleaner outer of storage lockers sold at auction.  Going through and commenting on other peoples junk.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #24 on: 07 Dec 2020, 16:51 »

There's an old DEEPLY weird movie called Repo Man.  I found it in the BetaMax section of a video rental place, and decided to give it a try (Yes, I had a BetaMax, yes I'm older than dirt. The first computer storage medium I used was a 2 inch-wide strip of paper with holes punched in it.) Anyway, it's a good (if a little confusing) movie.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #25 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:08 »

Comic.

Jeez, if smelling salts are intense for humans, can you imagine what they must be like for AIs?
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #26 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:24 »

I love how Faye just casually has this stuff ready.

awkwardness

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #27 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:42 »

Well she does live with Marten so it sounds like it's experience on her part

awkwardness

« Reply #28 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:46 »

Comic.

Jeez, if smelling salts are intense for humans, can you imagine what they must be like for AIs?

See Melon and her reaction to the chemical concoction at Coffee of Doom...best I can tell, that's the closest combination to it and that's likely much worse than what they'd react to the salts(a simple ammonia/salt/alcohol mixture)

awkwardness

« Reply #29 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:48 »

Sam is low man on the totem pole so gets the worst jobs, but thankfully it's Brun so she's probably more likely to be interested in how things work than freaking out over seeing the muscle fibers and hydraulic fluids...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #30 on: 07 Dec 2020, 18:49 »

There's an old DEEPLY weird movie called Repo Man.  I found it in the BetaMax section of a video rental place, and decided to give it a try (Yes, I had a BetaMax, yes I'm older than dirt. The first computer storage medium I used was a 2 inch-wide strip of paper with holes punched in it.) Anyway, it's a good (if a little confusing) movie.

I think I remember when it came out...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #31 on: 07 Dec 2020, 19:11 »

Well she does live with Marten so it sounds like it's experience on her part

Marten doesn't strike me as particularly squeamish - I think it might be related to Roko's fainting spells?

Brun will probably be fine, she'd be more interested in 'how things work' rather than trying to imagine 'what if it was my leg?'. I'm the same - love watching operations on TV etc because I find it fascinating. My husband and I used to joke about how, if I would ever need to have a caesarean, I'd insist on observing the entire procedure :D

Christophelous

• Plantmonster
  • Burninate
« Reply #32 on: 07 Dec 2020, 20:19 »

Why would you consider a complete replacement of the femur a "minor" surgery? I don't think Brun will hurl from it, but still, that's a pretty hefty hack job
When it comes to evaluating phallus quality, I will defer to your greater experience.  -Bubbles, comic 3502

Gyrre

« Reply #33 on: 07 Dec 2020, 20:42 »

I would absolutely watch that
a real-ass gaddam sword

N.N. Marf

« Reply #34 on: 07 Dec 2020, 21:03 »

I'd be interested to know what you found weird about it---it seemed perfectly natural.
The glans, shaft, and testes had yet to be soldered together. (Probably due to Google.)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #35 on: 07 Dec 2020, 22:43 »

I read the synopsis for 'Repo Man' on IMDb, and it sounds hilarious 😁

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #36 on: 07 Dec 2020, 23:14 »

This strip does so much to remind me why Sam is such a positive character despite all her fairly typically teenage personality flaws. She's all energy and joy; she loves her life and wants to enjoy it! However, you've got to empathise with Millifeulle sometimes about just how much you want someone involved in your procedure to be so gung-ho about getting it done!

If something like this can take out another synthetic (Roko), she doesn't want to be unprepared fr its effect on an unprepared human!

Brun will probably be fine, she'd be more interested in 'how things work' rather than trying to imagine 'what if it was my leg?'.

Actually, you could probably create an interesting Brun quirk/arc. It turns out that she is squeamish but didn't know it because she'd never had this specific experience before. She then sets out on a quest to find new experiences to catalogue if she has a negative response to them so her 'I do/don't like this' mental catalogue is more complete!
~~~~

Gyrre

« Reply #37 on: 08 Dec 2020, 00:03 »

The one with Emilio Estevez and Beer brand beer? That's a fun one to watch.
a real-ass gaddam sword

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #38 on: 08 Dec 2020, 00:31 »

I would absolutely watch that
Why, who would ever say 'no' to more Firefly ... but ... I'd have to say at this point that this ship has sailed.

Millie may be my favorite character.  And not just because I'm fond of that particular shade of green.
I think thats viridian ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viridian
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2020, 00:53 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #39 on: 08 Dec 2020, 08:27 »

Feeling Seven Up, I'm feeling Seven Up
Reaching up, moving up, feeling Seven Up
It's a crisp refreshing feeling
Crystal clear and light
America's turning Seven Up
And it sure feels right
Feeling lucky seven
Feeling seventh heaven
Feeling seven, seven, Seven Up
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #40 on: 08 Dec 2020, 08:30 »

Why, who would ever say 'no' to more Firefly ...

stePH raises his hand
That would be me; I'm probably the only nerd in the world with no great opinion of Firefly
stePH
--

oddtail

« Reply #41 on: 08 Dec 2020, 09:04 »

stePH raises his hand
That would be me; I'm probably the only nerd in the world with no great opinion of Firefly

*raises hand too*

I love Firefly, but I want it to stay dead. It had a good run, and I have no faith in it being revived in a way that'd live up to its legacy. Besides, its legacy is MAINLY that of an unfairly cancelled series beloved by its fans. If it went on a bit longer, petered out and then got cancelled without fanfare, not provoking grand gestures and big campaigns to revive it, it wouldn't be NEARLY as present in collective memory as it is.

EDIT: I mean, if it ever got a reboot or whatever, I wouldn't be a hater. I just wouldn't care enough to watch it, probably. People who hate on things just because they are not "for them" are assholes, and I wouldn't be one.

But my general point stays.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #42 on: 08 Dec 2020, 09:13 »

Back in grad school, one of my roommates accidentally swapped his Firefly DVD with my Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy DVD. I've never watched the Firefly DVD (never got interested in it enough to bother). But I'm disappointed in myself for never making a backup of that Hitchhiker's Guide DVD (though I suppose these days I can probably find it on a streaming service other than the one I have an account for).

Please, I just want my chickens DVD back.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

N.N. Marf

« Reply #43 on: 08 Dec 2020, 09:34 »

Loving Millefeuille in the last frame.
Marf raises her hand, too
I've never watched it, though. I have watched (the first 15 minutes of) Serenity (2005), which I later learned was related to Firefly, but didn't find anything appealing in it.
[Seven Up jingle]
I love the scene where he's eating meat flavor `food.' Like it would be fraudulent to just say meat. And that he ``couldn't enjoy it any more, ma,'' affecting yummy noises, against the suggestion to ``put it on a plate, son; you'll enjoy it more.''

Rincewind

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Luck's my middle name-mind you,my first name's Bad
« Reply #44 on: 08 Dec 2020, 12:04 »

stePH raises his hand

*raises hand too*

I love Firefly, but I want it to stay dead. It had a good run, and I have no faith in it being revived in a way that'd live up to its legacy. Besides, its legacy is MAINLY that of an unfairly cancelled series beloved by its fans. If it went on a bit longer, petered out and then got cancelled without fanfare, not provoking grand gestures and big campaigns to revive it, it wouldn't be NEARLY as present in collective memory as it is.

EDIT: I mean, if it ever got a reboot or whatever, I wouldn't be a hater. I just wouldn't care enough to watch it, probably. People who hate on things just because they are not "for them" are assholes, and I wouldn't be one.

But my general point stays.
I have to agree with you. I recently ran across some video that claimed it was "After Trek". Basically an attempt at dragging out the series, with all-new actors (using the same names) in continuing adventues. It's one of the most painful things I've ever watched.  And yet I keep watching the blasted thing, I guess hoping they'll get a handle on it and suck less.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #45 on: 08 Dec 2020, 13:10 »

Yeah, I’ve seen something like that - “Star Trek Continues”, I think it was called. The production values were actually comparable to the Original Series, but the acting was mediocre and the writing was poor-quality fan service. Didn’t make it past the middle of the first episode.

The thing that most Firefly fans actually want is not a reboot or continuation - but for the original show to have not been prematurely cancelled, so we’d have more episodes of the series. And we know we’re never getting that. Doesn’t mean we don’t still dream about it. (I have joked, from time to time, about an alternate universe where Firefly got 8 seasons...)
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

geof2001

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #46 on: 08 Dec 2020, 13:25 »

Can robot's vomit?  It'd be funny if Sam were so intent on watching Brun for symptoms of queasiness or fainting that she completely misses Millie spilling her fluids due to stress of the audience there or sympathetic queasiness her AI manifested for the humans involved.   :-D

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #47 on: 08 Dec 2020, 13:28 »

[Firefly]

My main problem is that I like the setting, but it's destroyed by a cast of characters for whom my feelings range from "I don't care about these people" to "FUCK THAT GUY" (Jayne and Malcolm live at the latter end of the spectrum.)
Watching the thirteen episodes (so I could hate on it properly) I actually grew to like Wash. Then he was killed in the movie Serenity, so fuck Firefly.
stePH
--

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #48 on: 08 Dec 2020, 14:19 »

I loved most of the characters, and even Jayne made a decent foil for all of those who actually did have morals.  Like most things Joss Whedon has done, however, it doesn't age all that well.  Akima has passionately and eloquently spoken about its shortcomings, which become more and more obvious, even tho white Westerners as time goes on.

That said, I still miss it, and the crew.  I will admit that I watched so much of Castle, just because of Nathan Fillion, as well as the amounts of fanservice given.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #49 on: 08 Dec 2020, 18:02 »

Comic's up.

Stop ogling Millie guys! You're making her uncomfortable.

Union Robotics might consider getting a changing room, and maybe some of those hospital gowns? So that their customers can undress in peace and keep themselves covered while they're being worked on. It's just basic decency (IMO).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up