THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 02:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where next for Hannelore (Select Three Options)

Count and sort everything and everyone in Northampton so she's 'up to speed'
- 13 (15.9%)
Go into the 'Spider-Basement' and deliver a hyperbolic superhero-style 'I have returned' monologue
- 14 (17.1%)
Catch up on the robot gossip via Winslow and try to respond to the fact May had sex with Sven
- 4 (4.9%)
Walk into the AI Advocacy Trust's office and basically annouce that she's taking over; Roko approves
- 6 (7.3%)
Walk into the AI Advocacy Trust's office and basically annouce that she's taking over; Roko DISAPPROVES
- 4 (4.9%)
Head out to some nearby farmland to settle her Yak friends into their new pasturage
- 4 (4.9%)
Sit down with Faye and Marten and hold on tight because she has to convince herself that they're back in her life
- 6 (7.3%)
Freak out all the rest of the CoD baristas by being very, very tactile & volunteering for WC cleaning duties
- 10 (12.2%)
Reveal her long-term crush at the end of a dozen-strip build-up, causing the forum to spontaneously combust
- 11 (13.4%)
Need to be sat down by her friends and warned to pace herself in re-acclimatisation
- 9 (11%)
Other (please specify in comments)
- 1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT strips 4056-4060 (29th July to 2nd August 2019)  (Read 35962 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: WCDT strips 4056-4060 (29th July to 2nd August 2019)
« Reply #100 on: 01 Aug 2019, 21:15 »

He didn't say 'no'. :-D
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Timemaster

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Master of Time
« Reply #101 on: 01 Aug 2019, 22:39 »

Winslow is fun again.  :-D He could simply return to his support group, if there is still an opening.

Apparently the lips and the slim lines are gone again. I was curious where Jeph would take this new style, but I suppose he was not pleased with the results. I can live with it. But I think it is great, that he tries new styles in drawing from time to time.

TM
Relax, it's just a comic.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #102 on: 01 Aug 2019, 22:45 »

Melon would recognize the scorpion.  "Stanley!  Where have you been?  Everyone at work has been worried sick about you!"

As for Jeph, he's on the road this week. We shall see where he picks things up.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #103 on: 01 Aug 2019, 23:10 »

I do think that this journey has left Winslow with at least two serious and abiding phobias! Still, someone who has had scorpions hibernating in their CPU probably has a good reason for a phobic response to them.

Meanwhile... Hannelore's teasing suggestion doesn't actually surprise me. One thing we've learned over the years is that she actually has a fairly dirty imagination, possibly as compensation for the fact that her mental health issues leave her with few physical outlets.

Still, I do wonder what Winslow wants to do with his 'great body'. I'm sure that May will have plenty of suggestions!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #104 on: 01 Aug 2019, 23:16 »

He didn't say 'no'. :-D

True, but I don't think he could get hired because in that chassis he looks like an underage boy. 

Marco

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Not quite an earthling
« Reply #105 on: 02 Aug 2019, 03:54 »

To look underage, not actually being it, is mandatory in certain hetero-male-oriented sites. Altough I dont´t know if the same applies to more oppenly oriented ones...

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #106 on: 02 Aug 2019, 05:01 »

All that, and in one support group I belong to there's a standard question "Do you just need us to listen, or is advice welcome?".
Oh man, I really need for my wife to learn how to ask that question.
I've trained my wife to tell me which she wants.  Usually she wants advice, but sometimes she tells me to just listen (that is: let her run down).  When she's done, including the habitual "and another thing:" final burp/bump, she gets a hug and we both move on.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #107 on: 02 Aug 2019, 06:35 »

Well it seems that while Hanners' trip has done wonders for her, it's opened up a whole new mess of troubles for Winslow. I wouldn't be surprised to see a regression in him, going back to a smaller chassis, where the scorpions can't hatch and crawl out of his neck seam.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #108 on: 02 Aug 2019, 09:43 »

But Pintsize was in control of that chassis before they left.  It may not be habitable.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #109 on: 02 Aug 2019, 10:57 »

I didn't say his old chassis, I just said "a smaller one". And given the change in technology since Winslow was introduced, it might be a case of a different chassis.

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #110 on: 02 Aug 2019, 12:32 »

Winslow's in a panic, he doesn't want to spend any time shopping around.

"Faye!  Bubbles!  Help me!  Please, hurry!  Load me back into my old chassis then open this one up and whatever's in there that doesn't belong KILL IT WITH FIRE!!  I want this thing sterile before I come back in here!!"

Raptorofwar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #111 on: 02 Aug 2019, 22:52 »

I'm BACK. Apparently I was banned for being a spambot. Whether or not I am a robot (whatever I do not say cannot be used against me in a court of law), I most certainly do not advise you to play some of your favorite games on Kongregate (TM) while drinking a refreshing Coca-Cola (TM). Anyways, back to the usually scheduled content (what schedule, you might ask? The one drafted up in my deranged brain).

Winslow's in a panic, he doesn't want to spend any time shopping around.

"Faye!  Bubbles!  Help me!  Please, hurry!  Load me back into my old chassis then open this one up and whatever's in there that doesn't belong KILL IT WITH FIRE!!  I want this thing sterile before I come back in here!!"

I don't think Winslow's quite as OCD as Hannelore. He'd be a normal person level of grossed out, but not "OH GOD LET ME OUT" levels.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.
-David Gerrold

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #112 on: 03 Aug 2019, 01:13 »

Whatever script that was for the "ban" hit me a few weeks ago.  I ended up clearing cookies/cache/everything, reloading, and was able to be back on long enough to contact the admin.  To this day, I don't know exactly what caused it.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #113 on: 03 Aug 2019, 02:07 »

What scares me is that if and when I actually am banned, I won't know it.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #114 on: 03 Aug 2019, 06:31 »

Re bans; because the Internet has continued to largely ignore IPv6 the pool of IPv4 addresses ran out years ago, there has recently been a substantial increase in the use of NAT at the ISP level.  This means that many more addresses are now being shared, and so addresses previously marked as spam sources are being recycled into use by innocent people.  We no longer ban IP addresses; but we are not removing our old IP bans until it's found necessary, because many of them actually do still block spammers.

The quickest way to get around an IP ban to contact us is simply to try from a mobile or a friend's computer - we can remove an unwanted block very quickly.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

sadanyagci

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #115 on: 30 Dec 2020, 12:58 »

All I can think of, every time I read the comic of Hanners wanting to manually sort out the ball bearings, is that she just needs a funnel and a thin rod bent into a long V shape, set over all of the containers, to make the ball bearings sort themselves. Come on, Hanners, be more efficient! You'll have more time to sort and count if you don't waste so much time sorting manually.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #116 on: 31 Dec 2020, 19:17 »

Welcome, new person exploring old threads!

I wonder if Hannelore's compulsions extend to being efficient.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #117 on: 01 Jan 2021, 08:37 »

I couldn't remember what I had jokingly wrote "he didn't say 'no'" about, and upon rereading I was reminded why my brain had reassigned Winslow's voice to Maxey Whitehead from  Niki Yang.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up