THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Since Roko is ticklish and squeemish about chassis innards, does rainy weather also make her drowsy?

yes
no
good question
but she's a robot
spathe ham

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4116-4120 (14th to 18th Dec, 2020)  (Read 50572 times)

Boxer

• Plantmonster
Re: WCDT 4116-4120 (14th to 18th Dec, 2020)
« Reply #150 on: 17 Dec 2020, 01:18 »

The problem with this storyarc so far is that Brun is still completely oblivious to the fact that Millefeuille interprets her behavior increasingly as flirting, while Brun herself just tries to be a good friend by following the rules that Renee has given her about friendship.
I have been thinking that Mille is confused and if she was being flirty she wouldn't have missed a few other opportunities earlier like about feelings, or when Brun referred to her prized butt. etc.  That line is too cliche.
I think you got a case of the blind leading the deaf her.

How would Mille react if she found out she could of just thought Bigger Butt and it just went Pop!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #151 on: 17 Dec 2020, 02:58 »

Perpetuating it isn't going to reduce the likelihood of people living up to the stereotype or being excluded for not doing so.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!
« Reply #152 on: 17 Dec 2020, 04:03 »

I feel like Jeph did that first panel just for an excuse to draw a butt.  :)

Shremedy

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #153 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:08 »

Might I recommend not multi-posting?
What the EFF is "wrong" with keeping replies to separate individual posts, with separate individual points to be made, separated?  Who pissed in your Cheerios?  It doesn't suit YOUR sensibilities of How To Post?  GET OVER YOURSELF.
"Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking about my work." -- Terry Gilliam

Shremedy

« Reply #154 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:14 »

Comic’s up. Millefeuille has discovered an undocumented feature. Pop!
She needs to change her name to MilleFLOOF!
"Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking about my work." -- Terry Gilliam

Shremedy

« Reply #155 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:24 »

Sorry...I won't bother posting again.
While I had some (perhaps overly harsh) words for sitandspin, you're not exactly in the clear either.  The rebuke was mild (if perhaps a little passive-aggressive), and you're acting like you've been stomped flat, which is assuredly not the case.  Taking your ball and going home is SUPER passive-aggressive, and isn't helpful for people (like me) of a mind to defend you.  If you have good reasons to format things the way you do, then just do it, and let other people's opinions about such trivialities be damned.  There are other far more cardinal sins to commit in this forum (covered in clearly posted FAQs).  Worry about the written, not the unwritten; if the something of the latter becomes genuinely problematic enough, it WILL become written!

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #156 on: 17 Dec 2020, 05:49 »

What the EFF is "wrong" with keeping replies to separate individual posts, with separate individual points to be made, separated?  Who pissed in your Cheerios?  It doesn't suit YOUR sensibilities of How To Post?  GET OVER YOURSELF.

This.....seems like an overly emotional and over-the-top response to somebody merely making a suggestion. As Trillho also mentioned, multi-posting is generally discouraged. This is not to say it's illegal, but a suggestion to a relatively new person to avoid it seems fairly reasonable, no? Perhaps sitnspin could've added a sentence explaining why it's discouraged, but ya know...

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #157 on: 17 Dec 2020, 06:26 »

That's short for 'cuckhold', here, and we use it to mean a dude who's SO is having sexual relations with someone else while they watch.

I think the original meaning was a man whose wife was being unfaithful, but I'm pretty sure that having to watch wasn't part of the definition. It was considered shameful for the cuckold, because he was supposed to "keep his wife under control". (We are talking 17th century and earlier here, attitudes were obviously different then.)
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

BlueFatima

« Reply #158 on: 17 Dec 2020, 06:39 »

What they asked of you is reasonable netiquette. In fact, it is probably a favor they told you. Multiposting—like posting in all caps—makes you look like a discussion board newbie...or just plain rude. It is generally frowned upon on most groups. I guarantee most of us got told not to do that by someone else at some point on a discussion board. Nothing to feel bad about or offended for.

Edit - And—yes—I see the irony/hypocrisy of saying this as I double-posted a page back on this thread.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2020, 06:45 by BlueFatima »

oddtail

« Reply #159 on: 17 Dec 2020, 06:44 »

That's short for 'cuckhold', here, and we use it to mean a dude who's SO is having sexual relations with someone else while they watch.

I think the original meaning was a man whose wife was being unfaithful, but I'm pretty sure that having to watch wasn't part of the definition. It was considered shameful for the cuckold, because he was supposed to "keep his wife under control". (We are talking 17th century and earlier here, attitudes were obviously different then.)

That's correct, AFAIK. The modern use of the word is due to the shortening of the phrase "cuckold fetishism". The phrase is unwieldy, and the word "cuckold" in itself was, before being reintroduced into common speech, somewhat antiquated and infrequently used.

Being cuckolded (in the original sense) carried a sense of shame to it - as you say, because it meant the man was not man enough to make sure his wife was faithful (and also subtextually, that there was something "wrong" with him if his wife was looking for gratification elsewhere. Also, toxic masculinity* about the other man being obviously higher in the pecking order).

The "having to watch" in the word's modern context comes from the fact that "it's shameful and humiliating" is, from what I understand, part of the appeal of the fetish, so adding the passive watching would add to the feeling of power disparity.

*The term may be new, but the attitude is, I imagine, as old as the notion of "manly" exists, so probably older than written word.

BlueFatima

« Reply #160 on: 17 Dec 2020, 06:47 »

I feel like Jeph did that first panel just for an excuse to draw a butt.  :)

And what’s wrong with that???    :evil:

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #161 on: 17 Dec 2020, 07:27 »

Sorry...I won't bother posting again.
While I had some (perhaps overly harsh) words for sitandspin, you're not exactly in the clear either.  The rebuke was mild (if perhaps a little passive-aggressive), and you're acting like you've been stomped flat, which is assuredly not the case.  Taking your ball and going home is SUPER passive-aggressive, and isn't helpful for people (like me) of a mind to defend you.  If you have good reasons to format things the way you do, then just do it, and let other people's opinions about such trivialities be damned.  There are other far more cardinal sins to commit in this forum (covered in clearly posted FAQs).  Worry about the written, not the unwritten; if the something of the latter becomes genuinely problematic enough, it WILL become written!

About that unwritten thing: I actually do believe there's something in the rules section about adding to your post, rather than adding a new one underneath.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #162 on: 17 Dec 2020, 07:32 »

Global Moderator Comment This really wasn't necessary, and nor was your follow up to the previous poster. Cool it down, please.

In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #163 on: 17 Dec 2020, 08:27 »

hmmMMmmMMmmmm ...

hmMmmhmmMmmMmHmmm ...!

(zOMG this comic has me lauging so hard ...  :laugh:)
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #164 on: 17 Dec 2020, 08:53 »

Beautiful women dont get away with a lot of things in your reality ?

Not really, no.

Your links all refer to differences between genders, not the difference of beautiful vs ugly.

True. Also true that neither will even try to accomodate for obviously subjective criteria - for obvious reasons - nor for ironclad solipsism, a penchant for moving the goalposts upon encountering unexpected information or a rock-hard belief that the outcome of a mental process subject to the combined effects of such cognitive distortions constitutes a deep insight or cutting rebuttal (Dunning-Krueger effect).

P:S: If it were true that beauty, not gender, was the deciding factor that the veracity of your claim is desperately clinging to - then why restrict the claim to women in the first place? :psyduck:
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2020, 09:26 by Case »
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #165 on: 17 Dec 2020, 10:05 »

I can see the wheels spinning as Brün considers Millie in several different bodies, then Millie's body with several different personas. It's a non-trivial problem!

It's not sub-text, it's sign text.

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #166 on: 17 Dec 2020, 10:29 »

Kind of like building a house with recycled wood.
This is done all the time.  What do you think OSB is?

You tell us.
Oriented strand board.  Some people call it chip board.  If you look at a piece carefully, you'll see it's made from glued-together slivers of wood.  Sometimes you can find a piece where the slivers are more or less the same shape and you can infer the rough outline of the original piece of wood that was sliced up to make the OSB.  See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriented_strand_board  Whether the wood flakes come from recycled wood is up to the manufacturer.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #167 on: 17 Dec 2020, 10:33 »

Global Moderator Comment I have written to awkwardness and assured them that multi-posting is a small thing and they are welcome here.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BlueFatima

« Reply #168 on: 17 Dec 2020, 13:52 »

I wonder if Brun could end up hired by Bubs and Faye? It seems like she has a good skillset (as well as passion about mechanical parts) that could make her an amazing asset. If their business grows, it would probably pay her better and be more rewarding to her over working at a bar.

Potato Farmer

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #169 on: 17 Dec 2020, 14:14 »

Man, I wish you could ask folks questions like that and get such a considered, honest answer. (I guess that's the same as saying "It would be wonderful if everyone thought about stuff and was honest," which isn't exactly deep. But still, it would be great. I don't mean I'd go around pestering people with questions--I think Brun would get annoyed if everyone she met asked for her personal evaluation of them.)

It does make life a lot easier.

Personally I probably would have been amused by Brun thinking about it so hard, in part because depending on the mood I'm in I'm liable to do something similar.

On the cuckolding thing, I always interpreted it on two levels.

As a fetish I relate it to voyeurism and exhibitionism, and a sign of trust if both sides are comfortable with it.

Outside of the fetish thing it's the exact opposite since it's essentially cheating on someone and then rubbing it in their face. Which I wouldn't connect to gender roles because being cheated on is massive ass, cheating on someone is being a massive dickwad, and watching it happen is just insult to injury.

Gotta admit given that I always figured that the issue was unfaithfulness I never considered the angle of it having to do with inadequate masculinity.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #170 on: 17 Dec 2020, 14:47 »

<snip>

I don't know you, despite your being on this board for so long. Until now, I had no reason to think ill of you - maybe we'd get along splendidly if we knew each other better. That being said:

I consider SitnSpin a dear personal friend and all-around Good PersonTM. Maybe you don't often read the 'Depression'-thread: She's been the best of all possible friends to so many people who found themselves in all-out war with their own minds and badly in need of a kind word. She's the kind of friend you want at your side when shit gets rough, and cherios are being pissed onto. And she'll do that for you even if she doesn't know you from Adam - just because it needs to be done, and she's someone who can.

She will never stand alone on this board.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #171 on: 17 Dec 2020, 15:10 »

Kind of like building a house with recycled wood.
This is done all the time.  What do you think OSB is?

You tell us.

One of the the three main reasons you don't want a home from an American housing development from the last two decades.

The other two are the foundation not being allowed to set long enough leading to issues after around a decade, and mold issues from improperly sealed roofs and walls.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #172 on: 17 Dec 2020, 15:46 »

Her looks shouldn't. Nobody's should. But as long as simps and desperate horndogs are around....

Can we please not use the word "simp". It has enough negative implications (such as the idea that a man would only be kind to a woman to get sex and that the particular woman in question is not attractive enough to be worth being kind to) that it feels slimy to use it.

My apologies. I was unaware of the second half to that.

I don't believe I've ever encountered the second portion. Just the part insulting the guy being a sucker/simpleton.

The first half shouldn't be even remotely acceptable to you, either. The idea that the only reason a man would ever treat a woman with kindness is to get in her pants is disgusting no matter how you slice it.

Vile, yes. But I have actually met them.
They're misogynistic turds who usually still have the maturity of a 13 to 16 year-old, despite being well into their 20s, 30s, or 40s.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #173 on: 17 Dec 2020, 15:47 »

<smip>

They're misogynistic turds who usually still have the maturity of a 13 to 16 year-old.

You and pretty much any het-cis bepenised person. The problem is that as long as it's being trodden out as 'just the way men are', it's both hugely damaging to us (men) - the first people poisoned by toxic masculinity is ourselves - as well as the victims of those slimy asshats.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2020, 16:12 by Case »

BlueFatima

« Reply #174 on: 17 Dec 2020, 17:07 »

<smip>

They're misogynistic turds who usually still have the maturity of a 13 to 16 year-old.

You and pretty much any het-cis bepenised person. The problem is that as long as it's being trodden out as 'just the way men are', it's both hugely damaging to us (men) - the first people poisoned by toxic masculinity is ourselves - as well as the victims of those slimy asshats.

That attitude hurts *everyone*—especially kids who get stuck in those kinds of stupidity when adults with those beliefs decide to become parents. It is destructive, self-destructive, and all-around ignorant. This isn’t to say a person shouldn’t embrace stereotypical gender roles if it feels good to them and makes them happy, but looking down on your partner for being the opposite sex and projecting that crap on others is sad, limiting and damaging.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #175 on: 17 Dec 2020, 17:25 »

<smip>

(click to show/hide)

That is... terrifying, frankly.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Gyrre

« Reply #176 on: 17 Dec 2020, 17:44 »

<smip>

(click to show/hide)

Sorry, not certain if that's meant to be accusatory towards me directly or echo chamber affected speech.

As for the 'jokes', I'm quite aware. It's why I try to shut that sort of thing down immediately. I refuse to let someone try to drag me into that sort of thing.
a real-ass gaddam sword

TieDyeKat

• Larger than most fish
  • I like cheese
« Reply #177 on: 17 Dec 2020, 17:45 »

Whaddya know, that does look like Joyce's hair.

This is exactly what I came here to post.

When I saw it, it took me out of the strip for a moment.
Please, sir, may I have some more?

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #178 on: 17 Dec 2020, 18:21 »

New comic.

My, who is that dark haired gentleman in the library? He looks familiar...
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #179 on: 17 Dec 2020, 18:31 »

<snip>

Sorry, not certain if that's meant to be accusatory towards me directly or echo chamber affected speech.

Accusatory? Certainly not! More like 'riffing on your post'? My starting point was the thought that the societal expectation for men to be awful can also sometimes prove a godsent for really awful men, and my feeling that we - men in general - should generally be more aware of that and more thoughtful of how society shapes our thinking and can sometimes limit our ability to 'see' the things we look at.

That was about the only tangential connection with your good person, or the post you made - I don't really feel I 'know' your well enough to 'critisize' your attitudes, and the point is also somewhat subtle, IMO.

I didn't even think of drawing a line between you and my 'not-friend from 15 years ago', if that is your worry? -> I'm sorry if I caused you distress and am happy to affirm that 'Nope, I didn't mean to imply that Gyrre is like Mr.Asshole Pantsgrabbing Gaslighter'.

As for the 'jokes', I'm quite aware. It's why I try to shut that sort of thing down immediately. I refuse to let someone try to drag me into that sort of thing.

Then you're a lot more aware than I was for ... far too long a time, I have to admit to my shame.

RNV EPM

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #180 on: 17 Dec 2020, 19:00 »

(click to show/hide)
I was that type of person. It was all about testing everything without anybody noticing. That meant doing the smallest things. It always surprised me, that anyone was ever convicted of anything. I thought they must be stupid or insane. I was never convicted of anything.
It was also about control. That meant knowing exactly how each person might act. That meant testing them.
At some point, I just stopped. Then I forgot. Thank you for reminding me.
I wish I could go back, to not hurt who i hurt, and to not stop knowing people so exactly. I'll be thinking how to do that.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #181 on: 17 Dec 2020, 19:12 »

Comic’s up.

Robot Bodies: How Do They Work?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #182 on: 17 Dec 2020, 19:19 »

And the worlds collide. For a moment, anyway.

I really hope this storyline concludes with Marten inviting them to get drinks or something in some way that incorporates them more into the former main cast (Marten, Hanners, Dora, etc). There was that one time that they all ended up in Marten and Faye's apartment, but that didn't really amount to anything.
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #183 on: 17 Dec 2020, 19:29 »

So wait....who is the guy with the black hair? I've never seen this guy before!

Gyrre

« Reply #184 on: 17 Dec 2020, 19:34 »

And the worlds collide. For a moment, anyway.

I really hope this storyline concludes with Marten inviting them to get drinks or something in some way that incorporates them more into the former main cast (Marten, Hanners, Dora, etc). There was that one time that they all ended up in Marten and Faye's apartment, but that didn't really amount to anything.

Marten goes home and excitedly rambles about the maybe human AI couple he met at the library to Faye and Bubbles. Bubbles likely being the first to piece together who they are after a potentially planned three couple get together drops down to a double date.

EDIT: If Jeph takes the comic in this direction, he had it planned before I posted this comment. I take no credit for any such or similar plot points. I will only be ecstatic about my predictive abilities.
a real-ass gaddam sword

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #185 on: 17 Dec 2020, 20:35 »

Hey, Marten! Been awhile.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #186 on: 17 Dec 2020, 20:56 »

Oriented Strand Board?
If this 'eye for an eye' view extends to reality, then we are simply different people.
An 'eye for an eye' can mean different things, in this instance I don't believe Faye has fully realised the consequences of her actions and still acts, and gets away with, being 'snarky' because its her 'thing' whereas in reality its still just being mean albiet at a lesser level than before
I see, often, a misconception about `eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth,' as though it were about retaliation---that the dis-toothed has a right to dis-tooth his dis-toother. Really, restitution's the thing: Poked out my eye? Replace it! There is, of course, more to restitution than merely replacing things into proper places---all bad consequences must be covered. (Sometimes, figuring out the sufficient restitution might be difficult, and some things might not be restorable.)

That's... not a misconception?  That is the literal meaning of the law of Hammurabi from which the phrase comes.
Law 196: "If a man destroy the eye of another man, they shall destroy his eye. If one break a man's bone, they shall break his bone."  (And of course because classism has been with us as long as differentiated classes have, if it was a lower-class freeman or a slave, you just paid a fine...)

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #187 on: 17 Dec 2020, 21:10 »

...Then the guy in the library (Marty? Marvin? Marshall? Whatever...) comes back with a trolley loaded with everything from "Robot Maintenance for Dummies" to "The AI Kama Sutra"...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

awkwardness

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #188 on: 17 Dec 2020, 21:21 »

...damnit, I have the Reading Rainbow theme song stuck in my head now. It took me a week to get it out last time I heard it!

BlueFatima

« Reply #189 on: 17 Dec 2020, 21:25 »

Oh, look—it’s whatshisnface! Or maybe just a random library dude who looks like him?

J/K - “Long time no see you, Marten!“

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #190 on: 17 Dec 2020, 21:43 »

It's on the tip of my tongue ... I think had a pet mustelid?

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #191 on: 17 Dec 2020, 22:14 »

Pretty sure I’ve seen him before. I think he’s a recurring background character.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #192 on: 17 Dec 2020, 22:41 »

Marten: “Oh great, I’ve become a running gag in my own comic’s forums.”
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #193 on: 17 Dec 2020, 23:34 »

Okay, so here is the question here: Does Millie really want to read books about how her body is constructed or is reading books whilst close to Brun the attractive thing to her? I do like how Brun is struggling to include Millie in what she wants to do. It's obviously very difficult for her and that makes it all the sweeter that she'd going to the effort.

Given Marten's reaction, I'm thinking that the library has a standing policy that visitors (biological and synthetic alike) should not be encouraged to attempt self-repair based on half-understood and possibly out-of-date textbooks!

For some reason I can see Brun asking Marten if there is a rule about making out in the stacks or at the reading tables. Marten's bitter response is that, based on his experience of the students, making out in the stacks or at the reading tables is what they are there for!

This would be funny if someone didn't post something like this literally every time Marten appears these days.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2020, 00:05 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ihaveavoice

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #194 on: 18 Dec 2020, 00:03 »

Her looks shouldn't. Nobody's should. But as long as simps and desperate horndogs are around....

Can we please not use the word "simp". It has enough negative implications (such as the idea that a man would only be kind to a woman to get sex and that the particular woman in question is not attractive enough to be worth being kind to) that it feels slimy to use it.

My apologies. I was unaware of the second half to that.

I don't believe I've ever encountered the second portion. Just the part insulting the guy being a sucker/simpleton.

The first half shouldn't be even remotely acceptable to you, either. The idea that the only reason a man would ever treat a woman with kindness is to get in her pants is disgusting no matter how you slice it.

They're misogynistic turds who usually still have the maturity of a 13 to 16 year-old, despite being well into their 20s, 30s, or 40s.

Everyone's met them. They're everywhere. Trust me, you don't need to explain them to one of the people they try to prey on. And it seems my point didn't get across: I wasn't suggesting I didn't believe that these fuckers are real. I was saying that only apologizing because you didn't know about the second half of the definition makes it seem like the first half is fine and acceptable, which it is very much not. Implications matter, so we shouldn't just let them slide.

And, um...what are the implications Jeph referenced meant to be? Learning about bodies -> sex? Is that what we're meant to be thinking about? Did Jeph just call me too pure?  :psyduck:

[...] The idea that the only reason a man would ever treat a woman with kindness is to get in her pants is disgusting no matter how you slice it.
Its pretty bad behavior, yes.

So is making a fire and then intentionally inhaling the smoke.

Doesnt mean people dont do these things.

How did multiple people think I was saying I don't think that's real?? I was calling the nasty behavior that our society openly encourages and tells us is deeply engrained in all men disgusting. It needs to be called out as often as possible as deeply revolting and NOT something men are just ~naturally going to do. I wasn't declaring that I'm somehow unaware of the world that we live in. I live here. I am a damn target for men like this. I KNOW.
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2020, 00:09 by ihaveavoice »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #195 on: 18 Dec 2020, 00:45 »

I like how in todays comic Jeph managed to actually work Marten into the story.

P:S: If it were true that beauty, not gender, was the deciding factor that the veracity of your claim is desperately clinging to - then why restrict the claim to women in the first place? :psyduck:
Just checking - you need really explained why a beautiful woman benefits a lot more from her looks than a handsome man ? Just because I'm really surprised somebody needs that explained. Its like, super obvious in everyday life.

Thats because men, on average, care a lot about visuals, and thus care a lot about how beautiful a woman is. While women are more into other senses, namely touch and smell, and care more about factors like the wealth of a man. I've even met women who claim they dont care about how people look at all, though I have no way of testing if thats actually true.

Err ... thats usually the people who have been like that between 13 and 16.

Because as a former 13 to 16 year old, I'm quite insulted that you sugggest I, and many others, would ever have been like that.

Sure, the sex drive is very strong at that age, and sure, one lacks experience with the opposite gender. That doesnt mean one doesnt want romance though. Or isnt into knightly ideals of honor.

How did multiple people think I was saying I don't think that's real?? [...]
So are smockers, unfortunately.

I'm a man and thus not potential prey for the people you describe. But theres surely a lot of people who think its okay to make me a passive smoker. I have very sensible lungs, cigarette smoke litereally hurts them, so I'm pretty angry at smockers.

So yeah, I didnt suggested you said it wasnt real.
Carpe Diem

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #196 on: 18 Dec 2020, 01:54 »

I've got it! I remember who it is! That's Netram Deer, international financier and ostrich racer...
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

BlueFatima

« Reply #197 on: 18 Dec 2020, 02:52 »

This comic adorkably wholesome...even moreso if you read it while eating homemade cookies.  :-D

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #198 on: 18 Dec 2020, 03:29 »

Did you bring enough to share with everyone?
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

BlueFatima

« Reply #199 on: 18 Dec 2020, 03:37 »

Did you bring enough to share with everyone?

I send you all happy cookie vibes! Cookies for breakfast for everyone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up