THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does one find an artist?  (Read 11094 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
How does one find an artist?
« on: 29 Jan 2021, 10:24 »

Just curious, but where is a good place to look for an artist to commission? Is there a decent site or reddit page or something? I want to commission something but I am not sure how to proceed.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
Re: How does one find an artist?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2021, 10:44 »

Your best bet is to look at artists' pages directly. Depending on what kind of art you are looking for, I can make some recommendations.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2021, 11:00 »

I am trying to figure out how to phrase this so it doesn't sound too silly or embarrassing:

My wife and I's wedding anniversary is coming up. Because she has to go on business trips at times, we often joke that she should get an anime body pillow of myself since she misses me. I asked her if she wants that for her anniversary present and she was dead serious that she does.

I am looking for someone that can draw me into an anime style for purposes of making a body pillow of myself for my wife.

Yeah, still sounds embarrassing no matter how I phrase it.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2021, 11:31 »

That's not embarrassing, that's sweet. Goofy, but sweet. I'll ask around my artist friends and see if I can find someone to recommend.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2021, 06:01 »

Just curious, but where is a good place to look for an artist to commission? Is there a decent site or reddit page or something? I want to commission something but I am not sure how to proceed.

I have no experience of this, but I found the following as a possibility:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/art_commission

My wife sells pottery on Etsy, and although she doesn't offer it, a couple of times she's been asked if she would do something different as a commission - which she has done.

PS - the link is UK, but try Etsy in your area and I presume an equivalent will pop up.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up