THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 01:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4461-4465 (the 15th through 19th of February, 2021)  (Read 27439 times)

HeavyP

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Woo!
Re: WCDT 4461-4465 (the 15th through 19th of February, 2021)
« Reply #100 on: 20 Feb 2021, 14:45 »

CHIX NIX DIX PIX

I Googled that after coming up with it and someone had beaten me to it.

Turns out this is not an occasional problem, and has actually prompted an attempt at legislation: https://theslot.jezebel.com/male-senators-shot-down-a-virginia-bill-that-would-have-1846303727

A bit late to the party in commenting, but Texas actually passed a law against sending unsolicited pictures a couple years back.  It's about the lowest class of Misdemeanor you can get, but it's something.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08/14/Texas-new-law-sending-unwanted-nudes-dating-apps-texts/

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #101 on: 20 Feb 2021, 21:54 »

Now I know this is a fantasy comic, a job sent a rejection letter. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Pain.
Then there's when you get rejection coded phrases meant as work-arounds to anti-discrimination laws for a damned internship. That was back in college, BTW.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #102 on: 20 Feb 2021, 21:56 »

CHIX NIX DIX PIX

I Googled that after coming up with it and someone had beaten me to it.

Turns out this is not an occasional problem, and has actually prompted an attempt at legislation: https://theslot.jezebel.com/male-senators-shot-down-a-virginia-bill-that-would-have-1846303727

A bit late to the party in commenting, but Texas actually passed a law against sending unsolicited pictures a couple years back.  It's about the lowest class of Misdemeanor you can get, but it's something.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/08/14/Texas-new-law-sending-unwanted-nudes-dating-apps-texts/
I hope it comes with them registering as a sex-offender. It should be covered under indecent exposure laws if you ask me.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

cybersmurf

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #103 on: 21 Feb 2021, 03:08 »

I wish I had received rejection notifications for everything, and in a timely fashion. Once, I got a rejection email several months later...

Also, let's hope Hadley Regional Library has done their due dilligence before rejecting Claire...

I can beat that. Last week I got a rejection email to a job I applied to 3.5 years ago.

I can somewhat get the 18 months from NASA, but three and a half years? For a rejection? I'd somehow understand if they sent you an offer, but that's just silly.

Over here, if you want unemployment benefits, you have to apply for jobs the agency decides you may be capable of. Even for those I sometimes never got an answer of any kind, and they have to tell someone I had applied.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.

Ravenswing

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #104 on: 24 Feb 2021, 16:55 »

Also, let's hope Hadley Regional Library has done their due dilligence before rejecting Claire...

Well ... I'm a Northampton resident who spent a few years as an elected trustee on my town's library board.  Two takeaways on that:

(1) In western Massachusetts, there are a LOT of very qualified people chasing not a whole lot of library openings.  Quite a few of the small-town librarians have been in their posts for decades.  What a number of people do is snatch at 15-20 hour part time gigs, either in combination with jobs outside of library work, or if they're (relatively) fortunate, more than one part time library job.  Sometimes in widely separate towns.  With changing shifts, this isn't all that comfortable a lifestyle.

(2) Ironically enough -- or else Jeph's keeping track of local matters in this county -- the town of Hadley built a new library, about four times the size of the previous postage stamp building, which probably served the small town very well in the days before UMass turned Hadley into its three-mile long shopping mall.  The new building just went into business last month, so likely they *were* hiring.
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up