THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's the second most intimidating regular/semi-regular lady cast member?

Faye
Hanners
Dora
Claire
Emily
Marigold
Momo
May
Brun
Renee
Roko
Melon
Millefeuille
Beepatrice
Sam
other
please do not interrupt unicorn grove

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 4456-4460 (the 8th through 12th of February, 2021)  (Read 27215 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT 4456-4460 (the 8th through 12th of February, 2021)
« Reply #50 on: 09 Feb 2021, 23:20 »

I'm on the record as being a defender of Faye. She can be spiky and aggressive but this is mostly a kind of defensiveness and an inability on her own part to get a handle on her own emotional problems. It's outweighed by her reliable friendship and the interesting story-telling her character allows. However, panel 4 really makes me, as someone who was bullied badly at school, very uncomfortable. She's essentially saying: "I don't like you but, because I know that I can frighten you for my amusement, I'll spend time hanging around you!" It's basically the most malicious position Faye has ever held and it isn't funny to me.

All my attention is drawn my the fact that Faye is telepathically controlling the arm she's holding to point at Willow. I know it's just a small easter egg, but she is remotely making a mechanical object move without manipulating it. I can't focus on anything else.

I'm thinking that there is a 'dinosaur ganglion cluster'-equivalent subprocessor in the arm that means the limb, when not attached to an AI drive, literally has a mind of its own and, for some reason, wants to tell Faye that it agrees with her in her reaction to Willow.

You know, if Jeph had created that kind of world, he could use that as a lead in to Faye deciding that the arm would be a good match for her in personalty terms and has plenty of useful functions so she has it as a replacement for her left forearm.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #51 on: 10 Feb 2021, 01:30 »

Looking at certain parts of this strip makes my back hurt.

Noticed that too, huh? Yeah, Willow certainly has a very similar build to Faye...

You know, I've always suspected Faye of having abnormally strong back muscles to support her, um, superstructure - she certainly never seems to complain of backache :-D
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #52 on: 10 Feb 2021, 01:33 »

Tattoos are not prints. Prints are mass produced copies of an art piece. Each tattoo is an original piece. Even if it is flash art that has been done dozens of times, each time the tattoo is given, it is recreated by hand with individual variation, even if only slight.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #53 on: 10 Feb 2021, 02:11 »

So if I remember correctly, the next step to any character's Initiation Into Main Cast is to invite them to the Horrible Revelation to get drunk. That will have to happen tomorrow in comic time... UNLESS Clinton forgets that he just made plans for a dinner date with Elliott tonight.  :psyduck:
Maybe they could squeeze both in, depending on how early dinner finishes. Elliott did say he had a shift at the HR afterwards. But then this single day of comic time would go on for well over 100 strips. Has that ever happened before?

Meander

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #54 on: 10 Feb 2021, 05:07 »

Just wondering - what ever happened to those guns Faye was sporting for a while? When she was working at the underground fighting outfit, she had gotten kind of ripped.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #55 on: 10 Feb 2021, 05:28 »

Just wondering - what ever happened to those guns Faye was sporting for a while? When she was working at the underground fighting outfit, she had gotten kind of ripped.
Junk food. Whatever CW’s other flaws, she paid better than freelancing appears to, so Faye is running on packet noodles and scavenged baked goods r/n. Which is cheap but not conducive to retaining muscle tone. Also I suspect the actual manual labour part of the workload has gone down a lot too.

Once Punchbot gets the legal fighting ring opened up, we can only hope UR becomes the preferred service provider for them.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Gyrre

« Reply #56 on: 10 Feb 2021, 06:04 »

I've always found the cultural appropriation issue somewhat iffy and this instance is even shakier than most.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a good illustration of what cultural appropriation is.

Note that while Jack is well-meaning, he doesn't ask any of the Christmas Town locals about the meaning of any part of what he sees in Christmas town.

What's the problematic part of Jack's plan in Nightmare Before Christmas? Is it really the fact that he adopts the trappings of Christmas without understanding their meaning? Or is it, you know, the kidnapping?
Both.

*blinks twice*
I. I forgot about the kidnapping there for a moment.

That just gives me an excuse to rewatch it in February since I didn't get a chance to watch it last year (I own a copy of it, work just really sucked.)
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

« Reply #57 on: 10 Feb 2021, 06:10 »

So if I remember correctly, the next step to any character's Initiation Into Main Cast is to invite them to the Horrible Revelation to get drunk. That will have to happen tomorrow in comic time... UNLESS Clinton forgets that he just made plans for a dinner date with Elliott tonight.  :psyduck:
Maybe they could squeeze both in, depending on how early dinner finishes. Elliott did say he had a shift at the HR afterwards. But then this single day of comic time would go on for well over 100 strips. Has that ever happened before?

(click to show/hide)

This post is separate from my previous one in the event the mods decide it needs deleting. It's in spoilers so as not to be terribly insensitive.
a real-ass gaddam sword

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #58 on: 10 Feb 2021, 07:48 »

On the subject of... what you just described, I have yet to see Jeph make a serious effort at a polyamorous relationship in QC, but there are various indicators that he might consider it if he thought he could balance the dynamics. So that could become canon I suppose.
Having said that, right now I vastly prefer Brun over Willow potential partner to Clinton and Elliott. But there's no romantic prospects there.

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #59 on: 10 Feb 2021, 10:23 »

I don't see Brun and Clinton as compatible partners, really.  I've known several people who Brun strongly reminds me of, and as far as I know none of them ever developed any conventional romantic relationships.  So maybe I'm projecting those people on Brun.  Two of them had at least one healthy relationship each with some mutual physical attraction, but I don't think they became conventionally 'romantic' as such in that there wasn't the kind of mutual processing and focus on the relationship itself that I associate with romance.

And I don't see Clinton as being able to be the other partner in a relationship that from his perspective would be incomplete.

Elliot, OTOH, I can see developing a healthy relationship with Brun.  He approaches the idea of a relationship, I think, with not so many preconceptions and expectations that Brun wouldn't fit.  I'd think of him focusing on Brun herself rather than trying to project expectations onto her.  With lots of inevitable false steps and fretting and freaking out along the way as he doesn't know what's going to be important or unimportant to her, and vice versa - but I'd somehow expect Elliot to be more able than Clinton to STOP freaking out and fretting and projecting incompatible expectations once he understood something about her.

Brun and Renee's relationship seems healthy to me.  But I don't think there's any mutual physical attraction there, nor any romance.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #60 on: 10 Feb 2021, 11:00 »

Quote from: BenRG
She can be spiky and aggressive but this is mostly a kind of defensiveness and an inability on her own part to get a handle on her own emotional problems.

I think so too, and it is costing her a lot to carry that kind of armor.

I fantasize about a strip where she gets reflective and says
I have given up so many burdens, perhaps it is time to release one more.

Bubbles, will you help me take off my armor?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #61 on: 10 Feb 2021, 11:57 »

That would be lovely!

Then again, how do you 'take off' armor like that?
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #62 on: 10 Feb 2021, 13:03 »

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #63 on: 10 Feb 2021, 13:54 »

I'm on the record as being a defender of Faye. She can be spiky

There’s nothing wrong with being spiky.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gnabberwocky

• Lord of Whales
  • Global Mod
  • Beyond Thunderdome
  • I WILL be your friend.
« Reply #64 on: 10 Feb 2021, 15:13 »

I'm on the record as being a defender of Faye. She can be spiky

There’s nothing wrong with being spiky.

Username pun intended?
Beware the Gnabberwock, my son!

andrybak

• Emoticontraindication
    • How to help out QC wiki
« Reply #65 on: 10 Feb 2021, 17:34 »

I'm pretty sure when Sam first started doing the drawings, it was considered new and unusual by Bubbles' and Faye's clients. I'm not sure, though, and I failed miserably at looking up the first strip where her drawings were introduced.

She drew on Punchbot's temporary patch just to make it look awesome. Then the next thing we know another robot walks in and asks "is this the place doing the sprays?". So the name and concept clearly predated Sam's involvement, but it does seem like there wasn't really anyone local doing them before Sam got into it.

That another robot was the unofficially named Punk Robot. The story starts in 3594: These Things Happen.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #66 on: 10 Feb 2021, 18:29 »

Comic's up.

I just love the way that Bubbles interacts with Clinton here. She's up-front, but she also gives fair warning.

I have wondered about height differences myself. Sometimes I meet couples where I think: 'my back hurts just looking at them'.

Christophelous

• Plantmonster
  • Burninate
« Reply #67 on: 10 Feb 2021, 18:30 »

Drat, didn't get to say the comic up line... maybe next time

I think this one's pretty decisive... Clinton's got a thing for a larger (cough cough, Elliot) individual...

Also to those thinking that Willow was going to swoop in and steal Clinton out from under Elliot's nose, shame! How could you think Clinton would be so socially unaware as to callously have a fling with someone while he's working out his feelings (however slowly) for another person? Also, has Clinton ever... Ever!... struck anyone here as a casual lover? He's got to make everything so complicated, there's no way that could've happened anyways!
When it comes to evaluating phallus quality, I will defer to your greater experience.  -Bubbles, comic 3502

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #68 on: 10 Feb 2021, 18:38 »

It's sweet that Clinton worries about that: "if Elliot and I start dating, am I going to cause him back pain?"

zisraelsen

• Curry sauce
« Reply #69 on: 10 Feb 2021, 19:06 »

Both Bubbles and Elliot would likely have the option of physically lifting their respective partners without much trouble, anyway, so maybe it's not that big a problem.
Zack is easier to type than Zisraelsen, so

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #70 on: 10 Feb 2021, 19:37 »

I have wondered about height differences myself. Sometimes I meet couples where I think: 'my back hurts just looking at them'.

As a tall person (6'5"), it is worlds of difference between kissing or being intimate with someone at or close to your own height and someone who's a foot and a half shorter than you.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021, 19:46 by Sorflakne »
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #71 on: 10 Feb 2021, 19:47 »

"Since you're my friend now, I can go bother your friend's friends"
( trying to draw venn diagrams about willow and my brain hurts )

-----

The detached robotic arm is going through an internal diagnostic routine. The gestures it appears to make have no intrinsic meaning. Although Willow might disagree.
( did it just extend its middle finger )

« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2021, 19:57 by Perfectly Reasonable »
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #72 on: 10 Feb 2021, 20:10 »

Awww, that was cute.

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #73 on: 10 Feb 2021, 20:18 »

As a tall person (6'5"), it is worlds of difference between kissing or being intimate with someone at or close to your own height and someone who's a foot and a half shorter than you.

I was going to say "everyone is the same height lying down," but it sounds like you've got experience to the contrary.

Gyrre

« Reply #74 on: 10 Feb 2021, 20:32 »

Comic's up.

I just love the way that Bubbles interacts with Clinton here. She's up-front, but she also gives fair warning.

I'm reading her expression in the last panel as a combination of 'd'awww' and supressing bemused laughter.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Tyr

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #75 on: 10 Feb 2021, 20:59 »

Both Bubbles and Elliot would likely have the option of physically lifting their respective partners without much trouble, anyway, so maybe it's not that big a problem.

Asuming that Clinton doesn't weigh too much more than his sister, you are absolutely correct. Elliot's able to support Claire's weight with one arm at full extension; Picking Clinton up for a smooch is almost certainly something he could do... but I suspect he wouldn't do it spontaneously since he tries to be very conscious of how his height and strength reflects on him and therefore would ask first.
Just going through life.

awkwardness

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #76 on: 10 Feb 2021, 21:47 »

...I'm of the belief that shirt pulls and nervous expression is clearly an evasion and new course- but it is a valid question that he's asking, especially with his bit of recent history.

Kudos to him for saving the conversation before Bubbles slammed him into the floor! And hopefully she's forgiving when she realizes that it wasn't what he really wanted to ask.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #77 on: 10 Feb 2021, 22:48 »

Bubbles doesn't need to slam anybody into the floor: all she has to do is ask for an apology

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #78 on: 10 Feb 2021, 23:12 »

How had I forgotten that one?!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #79 on: 10 Feb 2021, 23:26 »

I know what this comic is saying. It's specifically saying that Clinton's biggest problem with dating Elliot is the height difference. Given the height difference between Clinton and Emily and the fact that it never bothered him, I find this... bizarre.

However, this is Clinton v.2, the character Jeph created for his revenge against that one person who complained on Twitter that there were too many queer couples in the strip so...
~~~~

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #80 on: 10 Feb 2021, 23:49 »

...I'm of the belief that shirt pulls and nervous expression is clearly an evasion and new course- but it is a valid question that he's asking, especially with his bit of recent history.

Considering that the other option is not really his topmost concern, now, I don't think it's a course correction. Just perfectly normal awkwardness asking his question.

I know what this comic is saying. It's specifically saying that Clinton's biggest problem with dating Elliot is the height difference. Given the height difference between Clinton and Emily and the fact that it never bothered him, I find this... bizarre.

Well, there is the fact that Elliot is not just taller, but also a larger build; I'm reading this as Clinton just leading with height, as a careful start.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

Annemoon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #81 on: 11 Feb 2021, 02:13 »

Me and my partner have a 6 inch difference between us, and that is already notable (6'3 and 5'9), I have to stand on my toes to properly kiss.
I'm kinda happy it isn't more. But then again, my parents are 6'3 and 5'3 and they make it work. Making proper pictures with them both in frame is a thing tho :P
A foot and a half, damn, what's that like?
"science fairy" - cybersmurf

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine
« Reply #82 on: 11 Feb 2021, 08:25 »

I was going to say "everyone is the same height lying down," but it sounds like you've got experience to the contrary.
I am 5'10"/5'11" so most of the women I date are considerably shorter than I am. Certain sexual positions are made somewhat more difficult when a significant height difference is involved. Fortunately, there is no shortage of variations in how humans can boink, so it rarely poses an insurmountable problem.   :-)
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

frumbustigan

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #83 on: 11 Feb 2021, 12:05 »

Being tall and dating short girls rules, I love gently bullying my gfs.

How much of a sicko did bubbles think clinton is, my man practically radiates virginity (but like in a good way, not a gross creepy incel way, a pure virgin who would cure small ailments and tame unicorns).

Annemoon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #84 on: 11 Feb 2021, 12:35 »

Being tall and dating short girls rules, I love gently bullying my gfs.

This is why being 5'9 is great, less room for bullying! :P
Tho my friend who is 6'7 or 6'8 and all muscle can still pull an Elliot and just lift you like it's nothing. Crazy.
He is the kindest person I know :P So not unlike Elliot, that's why I love this character so much. It's so truuuee.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #85 on: 11 Feb 2021, 13:13 »

I’m 6’4”, and my tallest girlfriends were 5’6”.  We certainly managed to fit one another perfectly, even when adapting our paces to each other.  That’s just one of those things that happens subconsciously. 
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #86 on: 11 Feb 2021, 14:08 »

Bubbles doesn't need to slam anybody into the floor: all she has to do is ask for an apology

That link has an ad for a "2016 sucked" tee in it ...  :-\
"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #87 on: 11 Feb 2021, 14:23 »

That link has an ad for a "2016 sucked" tee in it ...  :-\

Little did we know...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #88 on: 11 Feb 2021, 15:20 »

Me and my partner have a 6 inch difference between us, and that is already notable (6'3 and 5'9), I have to stand on my toes to properly kiss.
I'm kinda happy it isn't more. But then again, my parents are 6'3 and 5'3 and they make it work. Making proper pictures with them both in frame is a thing tho :P
Adaptation and experimenting.  We made it work, but there were times my back wasn't happy.

Morituri

« Reply #89 on: 11 Feb 2021, 16:57 »

Huh.  I don't know what any less than that would be like.  :-/  The tallest woman I ever dated on a regular basis was about 20 inches shorter than me.  My wife is about 25 inches shorter than me.

It sort of becomes a standing joke.  Like, it's not a problem unless we're standing.  Right?    {dad joke} Or she threatens to get a pair of lumberjack's spikes and climb me so she can look me in the eye. 

Sometimes I see couples who've lost track of each other in a crowd.  Never happens to us for some reason.

There are a lot of little things.  On the minus side, my wife can't use my car because I had to reset the seat about ten inches back and the adjustment slide won't go far enough forward for her.  She has her own car, but I like driving her places whenever possible.  Lockdown has sort of made this moot with no more than one of us out of the house at a time.  About every two weeks and a half I go grocery shopping.  I still drive her to doctor's appointments and etc, but in lockdown I often wind up staying in the car.  And otherwise we pretty much stay home.

On the plus side stairs are a special treat.  When we use the stairway together she goes first if it's upstairs and I go first if it's downstairs, and partway down turn to hug and kiss while she's standing a couple steps higher.  Sure it's sappy, but it's sweet.  Happens a few times a day and puts us both in a good mood every time.

Swimming is fun.  We attend pool parties (well, we will again when this damn lockdown is over). My wife floats and I sink, but I can walk on the bottom of most pools and have my head above water.  And assuming we're not doing something boring like laps for exercise, it's another little treat like stairs, where hugging is easy.

We hug while I'm sitting in a chair fairly often, and that puts us about at eye level.  Also she likes sitting in my lap sometimes.  For extra-cute points, if we come to a stop (like, both reading or something) one of our cats comes to sit on her lap. 

She doesn't like how much they cost, but she likes the ridiculously-oversize sofas and easy-chairs I've put in our living room.  She has room to curl up crossleged or sideways, spreads a blanket, and has a quiet cozy cuppa in the winter.  She says until she got used to them it sort of made her feel like a little kid.  She likes the big bed, but gets mildly annoyed when we go looking for blankets/sheets/etc.  But that's nothing we can't remedy with a sewing machine.

Oh, sewing machines!  It turns out that sewing is a pastime/hobby/thing we enjoy, that we have in common.  She got into sewing by way of dancing because she likes having the right clothes for a dance event (she has made herself an entire regency-era wardrobe!) and from there slid sideways into costume generally.  I learned sewing (and grading patterns) shortly after I quit being able to buy clothes off the rack, discovered that I enjoyed it, and graduated from grading patterns to my size, to modifying and then making my own patterns.  I don't consider my stuff to be costume, but I have made some nice coats and things I'm happy about, and my wife started designing her own patterns after she saw me doing it - I guess it was intimidating for her until I showed her it's not that hard. 

Anyway, recently she's into 'history bounding' - making and wearing clothes that are as close to "period" (for whatever period) as a relatively small adjustment can render "contemporary."  Like a dress of Elizabethan cut, but with its skirt about six inches shorter and made in modern colors, is contemporary enough not to be instantly identified as an anachronism, but looks different enough from most clothing to be like an interesting designer creation.  And she's been putting together some 'retro' looks from the 40s and 50s that need almost no adjustments at all.

I feel a bit guilty that she's given up her hobby of ballroom dance.  We tried, but when we're standing on the same floor her eye level is somewhere between my belt buckle and my belly button. Ballroom dance just isn't made for couples where that's true.  I'm fine with her dancing with other partners, but she says it would be kind of pointless.

Dunno, it's just ... the way things are.  All of this is just how "ordinary" looks from this altitude, I guess.  If dating someone a lot taller was a problem for everybody, or if dating someone a lot shorter was a problem for me, I think I might never have had a date (Laugh.... I've had plenty of dates.... ).  Being ridiculously large has had an impact on a whole lot of things in my life, but I don't think it's made much difference in finding romantic partners.  It's changed how we do things and sometimes what we do, but in a way that hasn't really intruded on happiness.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #90 on: 11 Feb 2021, 18:19 »

Comic's up.

D'awwww! That reminds me of this comic.

EDIT: Willow seems unsure of how to react to Faye's duct tape stories.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2021, 18:40 by Farideh »

Christophelous

• Plantmonster
  • Burninate
« Reply #91 on: 11 Feb 2021, 18:50 »

D'awwww! That reminds me of this comic.

My gf is 11 inches shorter than me, and I absolutely love doing that! And Morituri, I do the stair thing as well. :)
When it comes to evaluating phallus quality, I will defer to your greater experience.  -Bubbles, comic 3502

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #92 on: 11 Feb 2021, 19:06 »

AWWWWWWWWW.  :D

awkwardness

« Reply #93 on: 11 Feb 2021, 19:56 »

I agree...it seems like she's humoring Faye out of fear, but those were some funny stories that she'll appreciate once she realizes that Faye isn't that dangerous

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #94 on: 11 Feb 2021, 20:21 »

And in today's comic, we see an example where a large height difference has its benefits :P

Morituri

« Reply #95 on: 11 Feb 2021, 21:35 »

... funny stories that she'll appreciate once she realizes that Faye isn't that dangerous

More like once she realizes that Pintsize really is that obnoxious.  She hasn't met Pintsize yet.  I guess Faye must be setting her expectations low.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #96 on: 11 Feb 2021, 22:57 »

So, basically Bubbles is saying that the biggest advantage to being so much bigger than Faye is that it makes spooning in all circumstances easier? Well, Faye obviously enjoys it.

No, Willow, listen to me. You will not start squeeing, even if that is very obviously what Bubbles wants! Speaking of Willow, I do think that she's come to realise just what a strange chimera that Faye can be. Yes, she's rough and aggressive. However, she's also emotionally vulnerable and clearly greatly enjoys shows of affection very much. I'm sure that some would call that 'inconsistency'. I'd call it 'a rounded character'. The thing is that this is the result of 10 years of writing on Jeph's part and he needs to remember that and not try to rush new characters.
~~~~

Mr Intrepid

« Reply #97 on: 12 Feb 2021, 00:21 »

Asuming that Clinton doesn't weigh too much more than his sister, you are absolutely correct. Elliot's able to support Claire's weight with one arm at full extension; Picking Clinton up for a smooch is almost certainly something he could do... but I suspect he wouldn't do it spontaneously since he tries to be very conscious of how his height and strength reflects on him and therefore would ask first.
Elliot can hold Brun's weight with one arm as well.  And she's somewhat larger than Claire.

Annemoon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #98 on: 12 Feb 2021, 02:17 »

So, basically Bubbles is saying that the biggest advantage to being so much bigger than Faye is that it makes spooning in all circumstances easier? Well, Faye obviously enjoys it.

In my previous experience (no size difference, 6inch difference) spooning is one of the BIGGEST advantage :D
That's honestly great.

.. this page was so cuuuute :3

Gyrre

« Reply #99 on: 13 Feb 2021, 01:18 »

Can't really say I'm very surprised by the poll results.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up