THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 00:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you Cheat in Americas Army? Traitor.  (Read 10861 times)

Jiperly

Did you Cheat in Americas Army? Traitor.
« on: 18 Jan 2005, 22:22 »

The following was written by America's Army executive producer, Phil DeLuca, in what i must assume to be the offical fourms. It has since been removed, for obvious reasons....

Quote from: executive producer Phil DeLuca

Some of you (and clearly the bad guys are among them) don't always remember that this game, and all accounts and derivative products, are the property of the United States Army. When you tamper with the game, not only are you breaking the EULA you're misusing Army property - and, worse, you're misusing US Army computer programs and equipment.

"Tampering with software and servers owned or used by the Army is cyber crime.

"In the early 1940's, Japan learned an important lesson - "let the sleeping giant lie." We may not react swiftly, but when we do it's with unstoppable force. The Army has partners that deal with cyber crime as a matter of course. These include not just various Army IT departments, but also the Department of Justice, the Secret Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

"It's going to get uncomfortable for some of the bad guys, but you know what? They brought it on themselves. Knowing this anyone who continues to be bad is just plain foolish. Keep trying, though. Sooner or later the bad guy will realize we've known about him for a while... and by then it's too late.

"Allow me to speak directly to the bad guys for a moment: When you get banned, know that we know and have records showing you were doing something that's a violation of terms of service, breaks your EULA, and also happens to be against the law. We know who you are, and can track down where you play from. We have incontrovertible proof you did something illegal. The Army is angry, and we're coming for you.

Over-react much?

Deformagraphy

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2005, 01:04 »

Hahahah!  "We're coming after you!  And your devil machina!!"

Wysiwyg

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2005, 02:57 »

That´s the kind of reaction i wanted to see in Counter-strike and Unreal servers. Kill´em all, i´m sick of cheaters! :D

dingosatemybaby

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.dingosatemybaby.com
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2005, 04:51 »

Hey I say Cry Havok and release the Black Ice!  I stopped playing AA because of the rampant exploits and cheaters.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2005, 10:16 »

Holy shit, that knee-jerk clocked in over mach 1.  This is why my thoughts about the existence of the game have always been "leave gaming to the gaming industry and leave blowing up third world countries to the army"

BlueCoatKarma

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2005, 10:19 »

Either way, it's hilarious. Although I hate to be on the same side as those who say "Well, if you aren't breaking the law you don't have to worry."

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2005, 10:45 »

It's even more hilarious because it gives more power to people who are just cheating.  Sure it's tampering with softwere, etc etc but it almost seems like a given that when a game is released for computers someone with "l33t skills" is going to change something for their benifit.  I like the direction that some companies take of supporting mod communites.  

I really have lost and forgot the point and am just posting this because I took the effort to type it.  Heh.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2005, 18:28 »

I hate cheaters so I'm with them,  It gets so frustrating when you have to sit there and deal with pre-pubescent (and some post) fuckwits who are hellbent on ruining the gaming experience for everyone else, just so they can look good.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Trinary

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2005, 12:15 »

Online first person shooters: serious business.
UNF.

ASturge

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2005, 11:17 »

i dont even know how to cheat, why cant everyone be like me?

something to do with the console, buh?

Digs

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2005, 16:34 »

Oh, come on. No-one and their mother take the United States miltary seriously.

Jiperly

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2005, 21:14 »

The Soviets didn't.....

Smiley

« Reply #12 on: 06 Feb 2005, 06:52 »

Quote from: Digs
Oh, come on. No-one and their mother take the United States miltary seriously.

I'll assume you mean the Army and the Air Force. Because the Navy will rock your socks off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up