THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your choices and finds for QC intro theme music!  (Read 10255 times)

zioninavision

• Plantmonster
  • pi is basically 3 ; 1 and 4 do not round up

Which songs or pieces of music do you know of that feel weirdly compatible with a proverbial-theoretical QC anime, or really any sort of animated series that would have a dynamically creative intro, opening sequence?  i am very excited to hear what everyone has either found already throughout life or will find based on this concept!  :) :) 

https://soundcloud.com/magpie303/carl-cox-circus-circus-banbridge-n-ireland-1993-side-a

A few months ago i found this old recording by chance, and there is something about the music, from between 27:00 and 29:00, that for me feels like a perfect match! 
it helps that is particular Dj Carl Cox, who says his name at one point in a very enjoyable manner, shouts "jump jump!!" several times but it is distorted and it really sounds much more like he is saying Jeph Jacques!! 
All of this combined and it becomes very easy to instantly daydream character montages set to this music!

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Your choices and finds for QC intro theme music!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2021, 19:43 »

Human after all- Daft Punk
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2021, 12:27 »

Marten’s apartment is still painted blue, right?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2021, 12:54 »

Sadly, I really can see a QC music video done as a montage to TANK! from the Cowboy Bebop intro/soundtrack.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2021, 20:23 »

This actually fits for some parts of QC and for Jeph's slightly more optimistic world.

'Polyanna' from the Earthbound album.

There's another one in one of these music scrapbooks, but I'm not sure which one or the time stamp.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2021, 20:33 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Dock Braun

• Curry sauce
  • Wear a mask.
« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2021, 22:17 »

I would favor an original composition. Some qualities it should posses:
  • optimism
  • variegation
  • butts
What else?
Trouble with the world isn't too many people―it's too many bodies. ---Professor E. Kingswater

Gyrre

« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2021, 05:08 »

I would favor an original composition. Some qualities it should posses:
  • optimism
  • variegation
  • butts
What else?

Maybe some hybrid form of synthwave and indie rock?
a real-ass gaddam sword

Marco

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Not quite an earthling
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2021, 04:55 »

This guys should be hired to do the entire soundtrack of QC. Their version of "Country Roads" could be Sven's theme when he pursues his dream as a solo artist. With Marten on synth guitar.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2021, 04:58 »

This guys should be hired to do the entire soundtrack of QC. Their version of "Country Roads" could be Sven's theme when he pursues his dream as a solo artist. With Marten on synth guitar.
Speaking of, is this Faye&Bubbles theme or Dora&Tai’s?

"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Gyrre

« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2021, 02:26 »

I'm leaning Fayebles for the lyrics, and Tai-Dora for the aesthetics/sound (mostly because of Dora's aesthetic and background).

The Melodicka Brothers' Cyberpunk Country Roads cover is pretty damn good, BTW.

If we're sticking with MB for theme songs, would their 'way too happy' Du Hast cover be for Pintsize? As I understand it from the comments, the juxtaposition between lyrics and tone is very much something else for Native German speakers.

a real-ass gaddam sword

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2021, 07:09 »

This could be Marten and Padma’s breakup song but it’s a bit too immediate for what actually happened, I think?

This, on the other hand is just awesome and more people need to see/hear it:

zioninavision

• Plantmonster
  • pi is basically 3 ; 1 and 4 do not round up
« Reply #12 on: 02 Aug 2021, 13:12 »

this is a strange and mellow one, that i think once more about the complete future story is known, almost like an Evangelion~style montage of everyone and everything in like simultaneously amusing and really deep ways at once!! 
it feels like an ode to the deceptive simplicity of QC rather than a more traditional fantasy, there is this invisible ornateness that i would say, honestly is on a Tolkein level except the story is longer and visual, and i didn't realize that until now listening to this music again!!  Contemplate the idea of reading an amazing and inspiring visual novel online and suddenly realizing it is actually one among perhaps several, but only one is this one, the modern day Middle Earth, with these multiple layers of endless creativity and uniquely genuine characters!!  Both are all about love, but the actual astonishingly and simultaneously simplicity and complexity! 

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #13 on: 02 Aug 2021, 18:42 »

Well, that post sent me down a rabbit hole of nostalgia.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)
Pages: [1]   Go Up