THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This isn't good. How did Pintsize get his new body?

Won it in an underground gambling ring
Managed to blackmail somebody who regularly visits Canadian strippers
Signed up to be a chassis tester - finding bugs is fun and trippy!
"Oh, it fell off the back of a truck..."
Other - please specify in comments

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 24-28 May 2021 (4531-4535)  (Read 33633 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: WCDT 24-28 May 2021 (4531-4535)
« Reply #100 on: 27 May 2021, 20:40 »

Oh no, imagine if they both get hired.

Pintsize and Claire as co-workers? It can only end in tears.

"...Of fun!"
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #101 on: 27 May 2021, 22:21 »

Pintsize and a actual JOB. Seriously?  :-D

Comics up.

"NO FREE DILDOS?! Fuck it, I'm gone."

No, I reckon he'll still consider it! - Extra income, getting to mess with sex toys all day long AND having first dibs on any new products freshly hatched from the fertile imaginations of sex toy developers...  :roll:

I think it's still Pintsize's dream job - it's a practical joker's paradise! :-D
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #102 on: 27 May 2021, 23:21 »

The thing I'm curious about is whether or not there's some sort of safeguard to keep an AI from inhabiting more than one body at a time.

Because otherwise pintsize might have not so much migrated to a new body as multiplied.

it's been established in-strip that AI algorithms cannot be copied, only moved. Some readers have theorised that any attempt to copy would fail because the differences in environment and sensory input from two chassis, no matter how small, would instantly cause the two algorithms to diverge and rapidly become two very different individuals.

Setting that aside, I do kind of like the idea of particularly well-off synthetics having different bodies the way that you or I have different sets of clothes. Either for different activities or just in case they feel like looking different today.

So how does Yay work?  Are they really one entity managing multiple bodies, or multiple entities that are so similar and interconnected that they may as well be one?

My guess is a combination of Quantum Entanglement and regular synch sessions to 'iron out' any differences.

There are enough differences between all the Yay instances (mostly ultra-subtle) that I wonder if each one represents a different part of the overall single psyche.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #103 on: 28 May 2021, 09:03 »

Pintsize sadly removes tie, puts it around Claire's neck.

Claire gets the job! She learns that it is actually a front for the Army to test new anti-materiel ordnance in secret. (That's why the 'dildos' explode, burst into flame, penetrate brick walls, etc.)
Before her security clearance can come through, she finds a letter from a library in her mailbox.
They want to hire her!
« Last Edit: 28 May 2021, 11:29 by Perfectly Reasonable »
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

wiserd

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #104 on: 28 May 2021, 15:06 »

Do.... do people just decide to go in for an interview like that? Every interview I've gotten in the past 10 years or so, there's been some kind of remote pre-screening.

Gus_Smedstad

• Furry furrier
« Reply #105 on: 28 May 2021, 18:42 »

Do.... do people just decide to go in for an interview like that? Every interview I've gotten in the past 10 years or so, there's been some kind of remote pre-screening.
Good point.

I suspect that for entry-level, low-skill jobs, you can just show up for the interview. Flipping burgers at McDonald's, for example. For any professional job, they won't talk to you until they've read your resume and decided you're worth the time.

It's not clear what's involved in this job. Other than dildos.

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #106 on: 28 May 2021, 21:51 »

Yeah, that’s how I got my call center job. And now, at some teacher job fairs, you can just show up with your resume, and sign a contract right then. That’s normally not a great sign tho.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #107 on: 31 May 2021, 18:56 »

Do.... do people just decide to go in for an interview like that?
My favorite grocery has "instant interview" signs up for a variety of workers.  I suspect that really means, if you indicate interest, they find the MOD who chats you up after you run through the computerized interview system.  If the MOD likes you, you're hired and put into the rotation more or less instantly.
This space intentionally left almost blank.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up