THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

May's outfit in this Monday's comic is a modified period costume, but which era?

Georgian
Victorian
mid to late1800s American school marm
well, that's a sleeveless French maid blouse, right?
mix-n-match (please explain)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Jan 24th to Jan 28th, 2022 (pages 4706 to 4710)  (Read 13760 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

[expletives delted] Why are American historical periods all over the place? I know it's a big country, but none of it is very straightforward save American Civil War to Reconstruction.

Not sure exactly what May's outfit is meant to represent, but it looks good on her. Even though the lack of sleeves and her hair being in a high ponytail instead of some manner of bun keeps throwing me off.

EDIT: typo fix.
And it occurs to me that May might have a plaid jacket that matches the skirt.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2022, 22:04 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Gyrre

Re: WCDT Jan 24th to Jan 28th, 2022 (pages 4706 to 4710)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2022, 22:01 »

Also, while May is well intentioned[1], Claire's not wrong. An additional question would be to ask if the person in question has any known food sensitivities or allergies.

[1] I've got a stubborn brother who refuses to take allergy meds so I get to listen to him blow his nose and exhale snorts for a good 10 to 15 minutes when he wakes up.
a real-ass gaddam sword

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2022, 23:15 »

This whole dilemma (at least for Claire - May doesn't seem to have a problem with it at all) has left me thinking hard. Who is the person who is lactose intolerant? I'm guessing that it's Dale. In a way, she's got a point. If she were to tell Dale that she's got a milk substitute, his brain will tell him it tastes different, even if it doesn't!

The thing for Clare to remember is that this isn't a 'trick' or even an 'experiment'. It's letting Dale realise that there is an alternative that he won't even realise he is having by actually letting him experience it in a blind taste test!

[expletives delted] Not sure exactly what May's outfit is meant to represent, but it looks good on her. Even though the lack of sleeves and her hair being in a high ponytail instead of some manner of bun keeps throwing me off.

I don't think it's period dress; I think that it's May's idea of professional dress. Remember that she's Marigold's manager now so she has to look professional. She's trying to look like an office-bound manager type and, yes, that includes the little white collar!
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2022, 23:56 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Beast_Reborn

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2022, 23:54 »

I don't know, the stubbornness seems to point more towards Marigold as the lactose intolerant one. Either way, both of them are pizza enthusiasts, so I'm more concerned about that than what they put in their coffee.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2022, 01:04 »

My brother-in-law is diabetic, and doesn't like to hold strictly to his recommended diet; one food which is good for him to eat is sweet potato.  However, he "doesn't like them", and can sniff them out at 100 paces.  My wife plays exactly this game of trying to find ways to fool him into eating them by incorporating them into unexpected recipes - most successful have been a soup with tomato and sweet pepper, and chocolate brownies.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2022, 01:23 »

My guess is that it's Marigold who has the suspected lactose intolerance. May, as her employee, has a vested interest in keeping her healthy.

That said, I'm with Claire on this one. Tricking people into consuming substitutes smacks too much of feeding people known allergens so you can 'prove' that allergies are 'just in your mind'. Also, one coffee with oat milk won't do much if the person in question will keep eating cheese, yogurt, etc. It would be better to get them to a medical professional and get them tested.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Gyrre

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2022, 03:40 »

My brother-in-law is diabetic, and doesn't like to hold strictly to his recommended diet; one food which is good for him to eat is sweet potato.  However, he "doesn't like them", and can sniff them out at 100 paces.  My wife plays exactly this game of trying to find ways to fool him into eating them by incorporating them into unexpected recipes - most successful have been a soup with tomato and sweet pepper, and chocolate brownies.

Yeah, that but with my folks trying to get me to take Ritalin in the early 90s. And in the most suspicious manner to my 7yo self. I didn't eat the dinner Grandma made, I don't get dessert when I'm being picky. Proceeds to inspect the iced cream for the ssme weird pale yellow powder mom failed to stir into the pop which I'm normally never allowed that late.
a real-ass gaddam sword

solemnwar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2022, 05:45 »

I really like how May looks here! Was definitely not a fan of the pigtail look for her. I would probably do with a different skirt but then I dunno what counts as fashion as when I'm not goth I'm tshirt and jeans...

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2022, 07:26 »

Other than may's initial avatar, isn't this the first time we've seen her in a skirt? 
This space intentionally left almost blank.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2022, 07:39 »

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Potatoes are NOT beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes (insulin resistance, a genetic condition triggered by overweight, lack of excercise, and/or old age). I assume its type 2 because type 1 cannot be managed with any diet whatsoever - they simply have to monitor what they eat and take insulin accordingly.

Potatoes are starch, which is carbohydrates (as is sugar). All carbohydrates are converted by the body into blood sugar, aka glucose. Diabetes is when the body can no longer regulate the blood sugar sufficiently and it raises to unhealthy levels.

The easiest way to handle type 2 diabetes is really to just eat without carbohydrates, but instead get all your energy exclusively from fat and proteines - so thats stuff like vegetables, nuts, meat. Unfortunately a very expensive diet, carbohydrates are cheap.

The other possible diet is to accompany any carbohydrates - like potatoes, or wheat products like bread, or fruits etc - with lots of fiber and/or fat because that slows down the absorption of the carbohydrates in the stomach.

The third option is of course medication and the last is insulin, even for type 2 diabetes. Really the best treatment is losing weight, and excercising 3 times a week, with a day rest between the exercises.

Really forcefeeding a person with diabetes potatoes when they dont like them makes no sense whatsoever. While potatoes are not so bad in regards to already present fiber, so as a source of carbohydrates they are nice - they are really more of the problem than the solution.
Carpe Diem

Gyrre

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jan 2022, 08:13 »

[snip]

[expletives delted] Not sure exactly what May's outfit is meant to represent, but it looks good on her. Even though the lack of sleeves and her hair being in a high ponytail instead of some manner of bun keeps throwing me off.

I don't think it's period dress; I think that it's May's idea of professional dress. Remember that she's Marigold's manager now so she has to look professional. She's trying to look like an office-bound manager type and, yes, that includes the little white collar!

Honestly, that collar is why I was guessing faux-period clothing. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but the only time I've seen a collar like that in the 'States is goth clothing and period samples/replications. And the aforementioned goth clothing is usually going for a pseudo or faux period look.

EDIT: For some reason I misremembered May ad having specifically stated the coffee was for Marbear. Guess I really did need that nap after starting this thread.
a real-ass gaddam sword

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jan 2022, 08:25 »

<stuff about potatoes>

Sweet Potatoes are not the same as the common Potato.  Most have a moderate glycaemic index (44, which is classified as low), and high fibre (much more than potatoes), as well as magnesium and anti-oxidants.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Wombat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jan 2022, 08:43 »

I actually prefer my coffee drinks with oat milk over cow milk. I don't think oat milk tastes similar enough to be disguised as cow milk in a drink, though-- the difference is why I prefer it. Like Claire says, it's subjective, but if Marigold (or whoever, just assuming) can also taste the difference, I think May should consider the potential reaction from that.

(Though I don't think May would keep it hidden long-term-- strikes me more that she'd bring it up next time Marigold went for cow milk, to be like, "I got you a coffee with oat milk and you didn't even notice." Then cue reaction.)

John Allenson

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jan 2022, 09:05 »

As to the fashion:

The silhouette is the Pigeon Front of Late Victorian, around the turn of the century.  Earlier Victorian would have had a bustle (padded butt).  Georgian liked the Empire Waist, the fabric tight around a (smaller) bust then loosely draping. 

A less modified version would have sleeves, with the same lace at the cuffs. 

The black shirt with the bit of lace at the neck would look darling with a brooch, particularly a cameo.  I'd prefer the shirt to be pleated and looser, like a kilt, but it would be a pain to draw.

Now, as to the substance of the comic.  Both May and Claire are being manipulative; which is in character for each of them.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jan 2022, 10:23 »

I actually prefer my coffee drinks with oat milk over cow milk. I don't think oat milk tastes similar enough to be disguised as cow milk in a drink, though-- the difference is why I prefer it.

I absolutely love dairy, but when steamed for a latte or similar, I rather prefer soya.  Which is strange, because I'd never think of substituting out the cow milk I drink at home.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

notStanley

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jan 2022, 13:20 »

Whatever period/style, May looks good!

As for whatever kind of "milk" the shop has, does not matter.  I prefer coffee to be unpolluted :}   

theMarc

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Oh God, it's all over my body.
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jan 2022, 16:35 »

I'm sorry, but oat milk tastes nothing like cow milk. I have never tasted a drop of oat milk that didn't make me acutely aware that I was drinking what is, essentially, liquefied oatmeal.
Be kind and generous to all people, even imaginary people who only exist in a webcomic, because that’s good practice for the real world.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jan 2022, 18:14 »

I miss soy milk.  What happened to soy milk?  (No, it tastes nothing alike; it's better.)
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Wombat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jan 2022, 18:28 »

I miss soy milk.  What happened to soy milk?  (No, it tastes nothing alike; it's better.)
I was misdiagnosed as lactose intolerant as a child, when soy milk was basically the only available alternative...I do not miss it, but I do still see it around as I pick out my preferred milk alternatives.

Today's strip seems to suggest that Marigold can't tell the difference-- I could see a lot of second guessing (overthinking, as the bottom text says) making her doubt on this, but I'm also curious if there are others who want to volunteer not being able to taste the difference.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2022, 19:29 by Wombt »

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2022, 19:30 »

It’s still around.  I got some in the chai I had this morning, and as I mentioned upthread, as much as I love dairy, I prefer it for some things.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jan 2022, 19:33 »

Yeah, I can get soy milk in the supermarket here (New Zealand).

Re. today's comic: Marigold is indeed overthinking it.

John Allenson

« Reply #21 on: 24 Jan 2022, 20:15 »

Something I see enough to be a common misconception is the idea that there's no variation in the sense of taste.

I'll hear people say things like, "he's a fussy eater since he won't eat brussel sprouts.  He says they're really bitter."
Just as there are people who are fully colorblind, have red-green colorblindness, have blue-yellow colorblindness or have full color vision there are people who can taste certain chemicals and those who cannot.

So, to some people oatmilk may taste close enough to cows milk to be indistinguishable.  To other people it might be as distinct as a ripe cherry is to an unripe cherry.  Since Marigold couldn't automatically tell the distinction she'd be in the first category.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jan 2022, 20:20 »

By itself (or in cereal) there's a stark difference between soy/almond/oat/whatever milk and real milk. Mixed into a drink or cooked/baked food, it's harder to tell (near impossible for me at least).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Gyrre

« Reply #23 on: 24 Jan 2022, 20:34 »

Something I see enough to be a common misconception is the idea that there's no variation in the sense of taste.

I'll hear people say things like, "he's a fussy eater since he won't eat brussel sprouts.  He says they're really bitter."
Just as there are people who are fully colorblind, have red-green colorblindness, have blue-yellow colorblindness or have full color vision there are people who can taste certain chemicals and those who cannot.

So, to some people oatmilk may taste close enough to cows milk to be indistinguishable.  To other people it might be as distinct as a ripe cherry is to an unripe cherry.  Since Marigold couldn't automatically tell the distinction she'd be in the first category.

Turns out yout microbiome can also play a part in your sense of taste.

EDIT: fixing link because Google/YT made there app stupid when it comes to copying a video link from the 'share' button now
a real-ass gaddam sword

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 24 Jan 2022, 23:07 »

Today's strip makes me wonder just how long May has been badgering Marigold over this to the point where Marigold was waiting for this to happen!
~~~~

Annemoon

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #25 on: 25 Jan 2022, 02:31 »

Turns out yout microbiome can also play a part in your sense of taste.

We've also just since grown vegetables that have less of these bad tastes. E.g. the brussels sprouts of today have way less bitterness to them then they used to.
So you might only have tasted the 'old' sprouts you would think "oh no these taste bad", never tried that again, and just not know why people currently like them.
(They are just 'objectively' better tasting (=less bitter) now, then they were. ) 

Another aspect to this is conditioning.
You also learn flavors, and your brain mentally "over emphasizes" flavors that may be bad (or underemphasize known 'good' flavors, making coffee taste better/less bitter to you).
So if you had very bad experiences with Brussel sprouts earlier, it would be harder for you to notice that they are now less bitter, because your brain overemphasizes the bitter flavor for you to make sure you're protected and can stop eating them in time. (It tries to protect you from poison, associated with certain bitter tastes. It's the whole purpose of tasting "bitterness".)
You can unlearn this by having more exposure and learning it's actually okay. It can help to mask the taste a little with other flavors first, to make the experience less intense, and then slowly easy into it. You don't HAVE to like everything of course. But this is how it works, and how you could do it.
"science fairy" - cybersmurf

oddtail

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #26 on: 25 Jan 2022, 02:41 »

You can unlearn this by having more exposure and learning it's actually okay. It can help to mask the taste a little with other flavors first, to make the experience less intense, and then slowly easy into it. You don't HAVE to like everything of course. But this is how it works, and how you could do it.

Yeah, when people talk of acquired tastes, I sometimes see some pushback with others saying "yeah, it's just Stockholm Syndrome for your taste buds".

It really isn't. We're wired to be mistrustful of new sensory experiences, and that includes taste and smell - which makes sense from the evolutionary standpoint, I imagine ("I ate something for the first time. I may or may not get very sick from this. Let's see what happens over the next few days. If I feel bad, I'll be sure to remember from now on this is what poison tastes like").

ihaveavoice

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jan 2022, 03:46 »

As to the fashion:

The silhouette is the Pigeon Front of Late Victorian, around the turn of the century.  Earlier Victorian would have had a bustle (padded butt).  Georgian liked the Empire Waist, the fabric tight around a (smaller) bust then loosely draping.

The pigeon bust is Edwardian, and as the Victorian period lasted for the whole 64 years of Victoria's reign, it includes everything from close fitting skirts to enormous hoop skirts, TWO different and distinct bustle eras, huge poofy sleeves, close fitting sleeves, etc. The Georgian period likewise lasted quite a long time, all the way from 1714-1830, because it covers the rules of four different Hanover Georges, so it includes many years of close-fitting waists with rigid stays as well as the giant panniers the stuck out way past the sides of the hips, etc. The Regency era was a smaller portion of it (1795-1820), and for most of it, the ladies were super into the empire waist look.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jan 2022, 04:35 »

I actually prefer soy milk to cow milk.  I switched 20 years ago and haven't looked back.  That said I still do cook with cow milk for certain dishes, but just to drink, yuk. 

I also am strongly bitter averse and have texture issues, so it was a revelation when I tried a raw brussel sprout: crisp, not nearly as bitter compared to the bitter, slimy things my mother cooked.  I'll eat them raw or sliced and lightly steamed.  I still can't stand coffees taste, though the smell isn't nearly as annoying.  As St. George Carlin said: Fussy Eater - guilty as charged.

Is it just me, or does the brown color against the blue body clash?  May's outfit is nicely coordinated with itself, but not with her skin tone, IMO.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

DreDotJs

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #29 on: 25 Jan 2022, 04:45 »

May in a whole professional outfit gives me life. I'm so happy for her honestly, and proud! Mari is amazing but what a pain she has to be to work with when she's in a mood.

Also, oat milk doesn't taste like milk, but it *can* be indistinguishable from, say, a creamer once it's actually in a coffee as a condiment. I gave up milk years ago and now even good milk smells and tastes funky to me. I'll still bake with the real thing though, there's no comparison. But I feel like it's worth it to try other milk options if you find yourself developing a sensitivity to dairy.

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jan 2022, 06:52 »

Brussels' sprouts are mini cabbages. So cute!

( both the same i must totally try that trick sometime )
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #31 on: 25 Jan 2022, 06:57 »

Is it just me, or does the brown color against the blue body clash?  May's outfit is nicely coordinated with itself, but not with her skin tone, IMO.

And now, Jeph must introduce a chameleonic robot.

Gyrre

« Reply #32 on: 25 Jan 2022, 07:09 »

Edwardian! That's the one I couldn't recall.

[Snip]

Perhaps if she wore a jacket that matched her skirt? Possibly with a matching deerstalker hat?
(Would Marigold or Momo end up being her Watson?)

definitely time to go to sleep with silly thoughts like that
a real-ass gaddam sword

Perfectly Reasonable

• Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #33 on: 25 Jan 2022, 07:10 »

Jeph picks his colors very carefully, so this means something about May's fashion sense. Or else that's what the costumière had in stock.

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jan 2022, 10:02 »

One of these days I need to try oatmilk. Huh.

oddtail

« Reply #35 on: 25 Jan 2022, 11:48 »

One of these days I need to try oatmilk. Huh.

As a person who's pretty mixed on soy milk, I am a big fan of oatmilk. It works for many things regular milk does (including, in my mind, alcoholic beverages).

And I don't dislike cow milk, either. In fact, I kinda love full-fat milk. But I do prefer oatmilk for many applications.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #36 on: 25 Jan 2022, 14:55 »

Back when I still ate meat, I would literally fill a glass with soy milk, just because I liked the taste.  My Starbucks order - again, back when I still ate meat, back when I'd get "iced regulahs" at Dunkies when the temperature was above freezing - was an iced soy dirty chai, again, because I like the taste.  Chahbucks and Mary Lou's still have soy, but when Dunkies started carrying plant milks it was almond and oat, and whenever people talk about plant milks these days it feels like society's outgrown it.  I mean, no one actually believes that phytoestrogen folderol, do they?
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Gyrre

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jan 2022, 17:18 »

Oh no.
Momoarty.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #38 on: 25 Jan 2022, 18:45 »

We've also just since grown vegetables that have less of these bad tastes. E.g. the brussels sprouts of today have way less bitterness to them then they used to.
So you might only have tasted the 'old' sprouts you would think "oh no these taste bad", never tried that again, and just not know why people currently like them.
(They are just 'objectively' better tasting (=less bitter) now, then they were. ) 

Interesting. I just chalked it up to brussels sprouts in my youth being cooked in the absolute worst way possible (boiled to within an inch of dissolving in unsalted water, of COURSE they're going to be sulfurous, bitter balls of hatred then) instead of roasting them or lightly frying them.
Quis pater tibi est?

_Islanio

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • This eagerness to change..
« Reply #39 on: 25 Jan 2022, 18:49 »

It's not that she doesn't like it, she does not want to like it.
oh

Wombat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #40 on: 25 Jan 2022, 19:23 »

May's face in the last panel is sending me.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #41 on: 25 Jan 2022, 19:35 »

Goblin! :D

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #42 on: 25 Jan 2022, 19:51 »

Oh noes, the betrayal! Dale is sleeping on the couch tonight if he's not careful. It does seem like he thinks that Marigold is lactose intolerant as well.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #43 on: 25 Jan 2022, 20:21 »

Gyrre

« Reply #44 on: 25 Jan 2022, 20:38 »

Interesting. I just chalked it up to brussels sprouts in my youth being cooked in the absolute worst way possible (boiled to within an inch of dissolving in unsalted water, of COURSE they're going to be sulfurous, bitter balls of hatred then) instead of roasting them or lightly frying them.

Sauteéed with minced or press garlic is best.
a real-ass gaddam sword

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #45 on: 25 Jan 2022, 23:01 »

My guess is that Dale couldn't tell the difference either and he was just guessing based on May's facial expression!
~~~~

solemnwar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #46 on: 25 Jan 2022, 23:22 »

If we're talking about milk substitutes I'm a big fan of coconut milk. You definitely know it's there because it lends a light coconut taste to whatever you put it in, but it's nice. I bake cupcakes with it. I just need a substitute for eggs and I can make vegan cupcakes (I usually use margarine in lieu of butter).

I will never let go of cheese though. I'll suffer the gastrointestinal distress gladly for delicious, delicious cheese. And I imagine Marigold will be the same way, so milk-in-coffee really isn't gonna do much, especially considering that coffee already is a bit of diuretic...

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jan 2022, 23:37 »

Having just recently been reflecting on how much shit I have caught for my eating habits over my life and people constantly haranguing me about jt, I do not much care for this small arc, even though it isn't really that
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #48 on: 26 Jan 2022, 00:43 »

<stuff about potatoes>

Sweet Potatoes are not the same as the common Potato.  Most have a moderate glycaemic index (44, which is classified as low), and high fibre (much more than potatoes), as well as magnesium and anti-oxidants.
Regular potatoes, sweet potatoes, and jams all are sources of carbohydrates. Even if the amount varies.

And I didnt say they are bad food. Just that it makes no sense to force them upon somebody because they have diabetes.

Oh noes, the betrayal! Dale is sleeping on the couch tonight if he's not careful. It does seem like he thinks that Marigold is lactose intolerant as well.
The couch might actually be preferable though.

Compared to sleeping next to a person with lactose intolerance that insisted on consuming food with lactose / diary sugar.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2022, 01:40 by snubnose »
Carpe Diem

oddtail

« Reply #49 on: 26 Jan 2022, 02:35 »

I know it's played up for comedy a bit, and Marigold can be extremely stubborn, but I can't help but wonder why she's so invested in this. She's acting like a literal petulant child. Her insisting she's not lactose intolerant and/or that cow milk is superior makes some measure of sense, her being this angry about the little experiment and trick... just why. Why is she this emotionally invested in what kind of milk she drinks.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up