Fun Stuff > CLIKC

Twitter and what the fuck is going on with it

(1/3) > >>

zmeiat_joro:
I'm confused: Twitter was initially conceived as a thing for people who have not access to the Internet on their phones by SMS on the Internet -- kind of like WAP. It's apparently a different thing now (I mean I knew but seriously)? I know its user base changed throughout the years, but that much?

Tova:
This is in the wrong place as far as I can tell.

Gyrre:

--- Quote from: zmeiat_joro on 30 Apr 2022, 05:29 ---I'm confused: Twitter was initially conceived as a thing for people who have not access to the Internet on their phones by SMS on the Internet -- kind of like WAP. It's apparently a different thing now (I mean I knew but seriously)? I know its user base changed throughout the years, but that much?

--- End quote ---

Long story short, part of said changes happened when Yahoo! bought tumblr, banned 'female presenting nipples' (a.k.a. "the tumblr titty ban"). Which, in turn prompted many of the artists on tumblr as well as the most annoying users who'd given it such a bad rap to migrate to twitter. The latter group forming up the so-called "twitter mobs".

zmeiat_joro:
@Gyrre : "part of said changes happened when Yahoo! bought tumblr" oh, I can see that.

zmeiat_joro:
I have a 50 inch monitor that I have to stand half a meter from because I don't have a wireless keyboard or mouse. It's extremely disconcerting.

edit: thankfully for only this evening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version