THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which QC character's stream would you watch?

Aurelia's
Marigold's
Sam's
Hanner's hypothetical alterego's
[other, in case another character also has one]
all of the streams (live or vod)
none of the streams
some of the streams
Poor Sven, drink more spathe ham

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT - July 11th to July 15th, 2022 (strips #4826 to #4830)  (Read 15269 times)

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.

There are (at least) two subreddits. I suspect you found r/questionablecontent - that one is, at best, mostly people reading the comic specifically to mock it. r/qcontent (despite the name, not a QAnon hangout) is much nicer.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

FFS :facepalm: I was hoping we could avoid forum drama for a bit longer....

And maybe I'm misreading the situation here —and I'm not making accusations with this— but 'look at this thing so-and-so does, isn't it terrible' almost always has an echo of 'please don't look at the skeletons in my closet and ignore my past mistakes'[1] to me. Especially when the person is clearly being a so-called "receipt taker"[2]. Though, this comes across more like a 'and what were you doing at the devil's sacrament ' vibe to me. Granted, we don't know the source of Dr. ROFLPWN's claims, so again this is not an accusation of any sort.

[1] I blame my time dealing with secular purity culture on tumblr and twitter for this. Please note that I use the full version of what 'Gyrre' is short for on both. Some dink seems to have made accounts for Gyrre on both and neither has any posts.

[2] receipts in the sense being a slang term for the slang for “proof” or “evidence" someone pus forward in a call-out. A receipt taker in this regards is someone who effectively leads witchhunts against people they dislike for whatever reason. Often also attacking those who come to the defense of whomever is being called out, or even people who tell them they're going to far.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Absolutely.  And honestly, Reddit is such a cesspit that I think that if one is going to try calling out someone for participating in a comic related sub just because of others there, one might as well just go all the way and condemn anyone who goes there at all.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I've only used it a few times and the intrface just feels janky.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Yhelta

• Not quite a lurker

Panel 5 of strip 4832 is pure, uncut wholesomeness.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto

Panel 5 of strip 4832 is pure, uncut wholesomeness.

You're on last week's thread. Just saying. I myself make that mistake fairly often.  :-)
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up