THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Did MommyMilkers just break the internet?

Yes.
- 7 (19.4%)
Definitely.
- 5 (13.9%)
Of course.
- 4 (11.1%)
In the most embarassing way possible.
- 11 (30.6%)
Not really... aw, who am I kidding?
- 9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: July 25-29, 2022 (4836-4840)  (Read 15715 times)

Roborat

• Furry furrier
Re: WCDT: July 25-29, 2022 (4836-4840)
« Reply #51 on: 29 Jul 2022, 13:25 »

Next week on Questionable Content, Aurelia and Marigold learn just how enthusiastic, and surprisingly affluent, the scat enthusiast community is.

Most jazz fans are.

Whilst I’m sitting here pretending I don’t know what you meant there, a member of my FC and I came up with an amusing idea for a stream, and he was thinking of starting one anyway.  Hopefully nothing *that* disturbing would ever crop up, but our idea is ripe for an amusing weekly thing.  Since we (or at least he) may seriously do this, I’m not going to give details, but the it is a recipe for disaster even without anyone deliberately playing badly.

Playing scat badly? How would you be able to tell?

theMarc

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Oh God, it's all over my body.
« Reply #52 on: 29 Jul 2022, 14:45 »

Animorphs was pretty good, but the best part about reading the whole series is blowing the minds of everyone who hasn't done so by telling them about all the messed up stuff that happens. Like the war crimes.
Be kind and generous to all people, even imaginary people who only exist in a webcomic, because that’s good practice for the real world.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #53 on: 29 Jul 2022, 17:41 »

Playing scat badly? How would you be able to tell?

I should have broke my post up better.  It was really the content of two different posts and I didn’t want to double-post.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #54 on: 29 Jul 2022, 19:00 »

I like how Marten is immediately alert to Pintsize's shenanigans...

"I don't know what you did but I know you did it"
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #55 on: 29 Jul 2022, 22:26 »

Wait, waitwaitwait, what? How long has Marten had that “happy birthday grandma” mug? That is one heck of a callback…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #56 on: 30 Jul 2022, 02:21 »

Next week on Questionable Content, Aurelia and Marigold learn just how enthusiastic, and surprisingly affluent, the scat enthusiast community is.
Surely that should be surprisingly effluent?
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

gprimr1

• Furry furrier
« Reply #57 on: 30 Jul 2022, 09:20 »

The one thing I'm struggling to understand in this week's comics.

Is BurgerOni acting or is she genuinely struggling with the stream's content?

I know it's mentioned she doesn't do colabs, but it feels like she would have at least watched some MommyMilkers streams to see what kind of content there would be.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #58 on: 30 Jul 2022, 10:14 »

Well, this may not be typical for MommyMilkers either, as she will be reacting to how she perceives BurgerOni as well.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #59 on: 31 Jul 2022, 00:56 »

The forum’s rule against shipping feels like hypocritical nonsense after this week.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #60 on: 31 Jul 2022, 02:14 »

The one thing I'm struggling to understand in this week's comics.

Is BurgerOni acting or is she genuinely struggling with the stream's content?

I know it's mentioned she doesn't do colabs, but it feels like she would have at least watched some MommyMilkers streams to see what kind of content there would be.

One aspect is that even if a streamer is comfortable with crude innuendo in their own stream, there's a distance between them and their viewers that presents a bit of safety to the interaction. Suddenly having that same kind of thing happen from an equal can get uncomfortable for some. There also may be a small aspect of not being in control of the interaction that also makes her nervous.

But in general, a lot of streamers, especially in collabs, put themselves in situations where they, as streamers, get put into weird and embarrassing situations because it is often really good content. If you watch Role Play streams in games like GTA V, the situations and improv acting can take the streamers/characters into all kinds of bizarre twists and innuendo.

At the end of the day, though, it's all an act, even if the blushing and laughing and screams and giggles were real in the moment. After the stream, they'll be out of the moment, start to realize what has happened, blush and giggle some more, see the memes, blush a LOT more, etc. It will be interesting to see what the aftermath that Jeph has in mind actually is, though, but everything that's happened is well within the range of things I've watched on other streams.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #61 on: 31 Jul 2022, 06:02 »

My guess/feeling, based in part on the appearance of the BurgerOni character/avatar (which I take to be much less sexualized, more modestly dressed, etc), is that Marigold is probably not used to the...  intensity and enthusiasm of MommyMilkers' audience and their kinks.  Apparently all she does on her own channel is "play video games while pretending to be an anime demon girl" (with a side of "angry goblin"), and while that surely attracts a certain number of those fans, I don't think she is as aware or encourages them nearly as much.  (It may even be the case that May has been protecting her from some or all of that since becoming her manager.)

tl;dr, I think Marigold's reaction is probably genuine; and while she may be aware in an abstract sense that this sort of thing happens to streamers, it's the first time (and very different) that it's happened to her.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #62 on: 31 Jul 2022, 22:37 »

It was nice of Augusta to volunteer to take most of the “heat” on this one.

That said, I really want to see reaction faces for Claire and Clinton, especially re that last part…
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.
« Reply #63 on: 31 Jul 2022, 22:54 »

My guess/feeling, based in part on the appearance of the BurgerOni character/avatar (which I take to be much less sexualized, more modestly dressed, etc), is that Marigold is probably not used to the...  intensity and enthusiasm of MommyMilkers' audience and their kinks.

Yeah, that's pretty much my read too. She describes her fans as "terminally horny", but I highly doubt they're horny for the BurgerOni character. Instead, they're probably horny with BurgerOni. MommyMilkers on the other hand.......yeah, Aurelia knows exactly what reaction she's eliciting with the character and she leans into it.
Quis pater tibi est?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #64 on: 01 Aug 2022, 00:12 »

Given how Marigold described how she would interact with her fans, she may also be either unaware or pretending to be unaware that a bunch of them will be getting off on her insulting them
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Ghanima Atreides

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #65 on: 01 Aug 2022, 02:21 »

My guess/feeling, based in part on the appearance of the BurgerOni character/avatar (which I take to be much less sexualized, more modestly dressed, etc), is that Marigold is probably not used to the...  intensity and enthusiasm of MommyMilkers' audience and their kinks.

Yeah, that's pretty much my read too. She describes her fans as "terminally horny", but I highly doubt they're horny for the BurgerOni character. Instead, they're probably horny with BurgerOni. MommyMilkers on the other hand.......yeah, Aurelia knows exactly what reaction she's eliciting with the character and she leans into it.

Knowing what I know of the internet, I can pretty much guarantee that there's a significant number of BurgerOni fans who are horny for the character, and there's probably quite a lot of fanart out there depicting her with various...exaggerated physical attributes, in outfits a lot more revealing than what she actually wears. The fact that a character is not inherently sexualised never stopped anybody (Rule 34).
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.
« Reply #66 on: 02 Aug 2022, 22:40 »

Knowing what I know of the internet, I can pretty much guarantee that there's a significant number of BurgerOni fans who are horny for the character, and there's probably quite a lot of fanart out there depicting her with various...exaggerated physical attributes, in outfits a lot more revealing than what she actually wears. The fact that a character is not inherently sexualised never stopped anybody (Rule 34).

If any of BurgerOni's fanartists ever find out how she is actually built, their minds will be totally blown... 
"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up