THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

You were careless, so now i made the thread again, mua ha ha!

thank you for releasing us from our prison of stale jokes and memes!
curse you for releasing us from our prison of stale jokes and memes!
...Sven, drink more spa-*the sound of a heavy wardrobe hastily being slammed shut*

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT - August 1st to August 5th, 2022 (strips #4841 to #4845)  (Read 11494 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

y'all slippin

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

Canadian holiday.

Good update...

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

Oooh, mom-voice. *lol*

(Jokes on you, I'm into that!)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

y'all slippin

Meh.

I didn't want to lead with "Mistakes were made?" for the pole again.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

badbum61

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • I'm going to eight, baby!

So, the mere mention of weed turns Mar into a cat?
Good to know...
What the hell are YOU staring at?

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

So, the mere mention of weed turns Mar into a cat?
Good to know...

Nah, but the thought of shortcuts brings out her inner, irresponsible goblin.
Quis pater tibi est?

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto

Shouldn't is be "(strips #4841 to #4845)" in the title of the thread?
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

Torlek

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • When in doubt, throw an FFT at it.

Mmm, fair. Because what are cats besides adorable, irresponsible murder goblins?
Quis pater tibi est?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Shouldn't is be "(strips #4841 to #4845)" in the title of the thread?
whoops lol
what's funnier is that i misspelled august both times when i first made it, but caught that one right away

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Peak Marigold right there. “I accidentally invited an Actual Adult over to our tiny apartment! Must replace apartment!”
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

For that matter, has Aurelia been by Clare and Marten's place yet?

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?

Did they ever establish the occupancy limit for Martens apartment?  There's at least 5 in there now.

I thought Aurelia dropped cookies by one time, and probably got the tour off-screen.  But I may be misremembering.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Did they ever establish the occupancy limit for Martens apartment?  There's at least 5 in there now.

I thought Aurelia dropped cookies by one time, and probably got the tour off-screen.  But I may be misremembering.
It would be interesting if it turned out that Pintsize and Bubbles didn’t count for FD occupancy limits for legacy bureaucratic reasons currently, but then the rules get updated and they collectively have to decide what to do, which might reintroduce UR’s budget issues.
Or they could fudge it by claiming Claire still technically lives with her mother and only “occasionally” spends the night.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

On today’s episode: May, no buying things with other people’s money; that’s what got you in trouble the first time!
Dale is kinda right too; there are some pretty sweet basement-gaming-room setups out there, all the way up to six-axis simulators for air/space combat games.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

"How do you even buy a house?"
Ah, Millenials.

Gyrre

Ah, Millenials.

It's not our fault the previous three generations screwed everything up for us and the Zoomers so badly.
a real-ass gaddam sword

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint

Ah, Millenials.

It's not our fault the previous three generations screwed everything up for us and the Zoomers so badly.

I submit that we of X were also in the "got screwed" column, but maybe that was just "neglected/ignored".

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Oh, we were. But as a whole, it seems as though the younger folks are fighting harder. Who knows, maybe it really did take both the planet and society to be on a knife’s edge for people to say “Enough is Enough”, but we largely sat by and watched, making snarky comments whilst sitting in our handbasket in the way down.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Potato Farmer

• Emoticontraindication

Oh, we were. But as a whole, it seems as though the younger folks are fighting harder. Who knows, maybe it really did take both the planet and society to be on a knife’s edge for people to say “Enough is Enough”, but we largely sat by and watched, making snarky comments whilst sitting in our handbasket in the way down.
As much as people like to complain about all the things that are wrong with the current situation, an actual rebellion takes a lot of commitment which means that people will postpone that until the problems have reached critical mass.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

“Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose”?

Of course, as cynical as I am, I still can’t bring myself to say here what my inner-Cassandra is telling me.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

Dale, SHUT UP NOW. *lol*

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

I only have my own gen x parents to go by, but mostly what I seen seems to be an attitude of "We're all fucked anyway, so screw it."
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Pretty much.  Young people are making mistakes, but at least they’re doing something.

Mattexian

• Not quite a lurker

Here's a point in favor of getting  a house: a house has a yard, a yard means a better likelihood of getting a dog, a dog means there's a doghouse, and a doghouse means somewhere else to sleep besides the kitchen floor!  :-D

Scarlet Manuka

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

Engage brain first, then mouth.

Civa

• Notorious N.U.R.R.

I honestly searched out and joined this forum just to say this is the funniest shit Jacques has EVER written, and I have been reading since the beginning, before his art improved.
I have not laughed so hard in a LONG time.
it was amazing.
it was GLORIOUS.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?

... and a doghouse means somewhere else to sleep besides the kitchen floor!  :-D
All true, and yet a house can also have a couch and/or basement with a couch to sleep on when brain was engaged after yap was opened.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Gyrre

Ah, Millenials.

I submit that we of X were also in the "got screwed" column, but maybe that was just "neglected/ignored".

This is true, but as with the baby boomers also being victims to a degree, the two are not mutually exclusive.

And, now that I think about it, the Lost and Greatest generations lkely also had a hand in things dince they cooked up the Red Scare and ultimately set the stage for all of this mess.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: [1]   Go Up