THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 16:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sandman (Netflix series)  (Read 8555 times)

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
Sandman (Netflix series)
« on: 07 Aug 2022, 15:51 »

The Sandman is probably my favourite graphic novel ever, so I’ve been awaiting this with both excitement and trepidation ever since I’ve saw the first announcements.  I’m enjoying it thus far.  The casting is pretty spot-on IMO, even how Patton Oswalt’s voice kinda grates, that makes him even *more* perfect as a talking raven, for example.  The story thus far seems pretty well-adapted (and in some ways, updated.  since everything that follows may be a potential spoiler, it’s marked as such)

Edit:  I just hope that it doesn’t have the same sort of production problems that plagued American Gods.

Edit again: Finished the first series, and am quite happy with it.  I just hope that as it continues, they don’t excise or too heavily abridge the side-stories that really made the graphic novel what it was.  Two of my friends who are amongst the most difficult to please fans of things also think that it’s quite good.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2022, 16:29 by hedgie »
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

zmeiat_joro

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: Sandman (Netflix series)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2022, 09:37 »

An ex of mine had the complete collection in physical form -- it took, like, a third of her library. There's a LOT of it. (and I had read most of it anyway before we started dating). I just remembered yesterday that they've made it into a TV series. I hope it's good.

EDIT: And I just remembered I got a free Netflix subscription for a month a few years ago that I haven't yet used.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022, 09:45 by zmeiat_joro »
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2022, 10:06 »

I'm overall happy, although waiting for the other shoe to drop in some form or another, and my friends who have seen it enjoy it as well and think that the start is promising.  Considering how my friend circle is about as harsh on adaptations as it's possible to be without veering into the territories of racism, misogyny or LGBT*phobia, us not ripping it to shreds mercilessly alone is strong praise.  Us actually liking it is an extremely bar which it's largely passing.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

zmeiat_joro

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2022, 10:57 »

Quote from: hedgie
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022, 11:15 by zmeiat_joro »
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up