THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What will be the outcome of this CubeTown expedition do you suppose

Claire gets job, Marten love cube, focus shifts to CubeTown and new cast of all robots
- 4 (11.8%)
Claire gets job, immediately Angus’d, Marten goes to rehab and gets leeches on his junk
- 3 (8.8%)
Claire gets job, Marten and Claire disappear into cube, new focus: all vtubers all the time
- 13 (38.2%)
Lmao you thought Jeph’d fuck with the status quo that’s cute
- 8 (23.5%)
Claire gets job, Marten goes to cube but hates it!! Dark prophecy fulfilled, Marten gets rehab leeches on junk
- 3 (8.8%)
Claire gets job, Marten and Claire happy cube, FAYE MELTS DOWN LIKE WHISKEY CHERNOBYL YOU LOVE TO SEE IT
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: OH BOY ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT A DRAMATIC PLOT ARC  (Read 18151 times)

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
Re: OH BOY ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT A DRAMATIC PLOT ARC
« Reply #50 on: 07 Sep 2022, 04:07 »

That just means that Marten is not really qualified for his job. But I think that was a given from the start.
Nah, he’s qualified to be a shelf-stacker … but that’s about it. Does he even do the issues and returns?

I don't think "shelf-stacker" is really a job.

Neither do I, but I think that means QC doesn't correspond to reality, not that Marten is doing a job that is suitable for Claire's qualifications.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #51 on: 07 Sep 2022, 07:09 »

Actually, it is. I worked at the local library when I was in high school and that was basically my job, if not my job title.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #52 on: 07 Sep 2022, 07:44 »

Following current trends in job titles, today, it’d be called something like “Library Inventory Manager”, or “Knowledge Placement Supervisor”.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #53 on: 07 Sep 2022, 08:28 »

Inventory resupply technician.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

gprimr1

• Furry furrier
« Reply #54 on: 07 Sep 2022, 21:24 »

Wow, I think that could have been another opportunity to introduce a little drama. Even if it ultimately ended up working out, having Martin have a little apprehension about the move would have been interesting. 

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #55 on: 14 Sep 2022, 21:03 »

I think that Marten for now is firmly in the 'I will cross that bridge when I get there' frame of mind. It might all come to nothing, so why start being apprehensive now?
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #56 on: 16 Sep 2022, 00:08 »

Also, there's a profound difference between "I am choosing my relationship over my job because my girlfriend is moving well beyond commuting range and we don't want to do long-distance" and "meh, instead of me being in a stable job that I enjoy and my girlfriend looking to find a job in her field while she works at the coffee shop to pay the bills, maybe I should give her my job that's not even what she's looking for and look for work to pay the bills."  One is priorities.  The other is just... ridiculous.

And if one of them has to be looking for work, then based on what we've seen, Claire is massively more qualified and dedicated to that role.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #57 on: 02 Oct 2022, 14:51 »

Incompetent management is a drama fountain and we've seen Claire having a tendency to assume the worst. I hope it goes great for her but it will not go in a straight line.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #58 on: 03 Oct 2022, 07:13 »

Does anyone's life ever go in a straight line?  Mine never has.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #59 on: 04 Oct 2022, 20:25 »

If it ever has, it's not been for the better.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Zog2

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #60 on: 07 Oct 2022, 19:51 »

I am not sure that this is the right place for this, but I was just wondering what happened with "The floating slab that emits a low hum" and it hit me. It is "The director".
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2022, 02:17 by Zog2 »

Storel

« Reply #61 on: 08 Oct 2022, 20:42 »

I am not sure that this is the right place for this, but I was just wondering what happened with "The floating slab that emits a low hum" and it hit me. It is "The director".

Are you talking about the monolith from 2001, or what? I don't remember a "floating slab that emits a low hum" in QC.

Zog2

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #62 on: 09 Oct 2022, 00:11 »

Are you talking about the monolith from 2001, or what? I don't remember a "floating slab that emits a low hum" in QC.

It was in strips 4641-4645, it did look like the monolith but much smaller.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?
« Reply #63 on: 10 Oct 2022, 06:29 »

Interesting idea, but why would it pick up on Claire instead of Hanners?  Hanners as an employee might be another funding source for Cubetown, something all good directors are always on the watch for if they want to keep their job.

Of course, we're ignoring why a slab would be out as far as NoHo looking at baristas for possible IT staff.  You'd think a recruiter would be a better bet...
This space intentionally left almost blank.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #64 on: 10 Oct 2022, 07:42 »

Interesting idea, but why would it pick up on Claire instead of Hanners?

Because Claire was the one who immediately called for a complimentary replacement latte. The Director remembers to whom it owes favours.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Zog2

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #65 on: 10 Oct 2022, 13:06 »

Interesting idea, but why would it pick up on Claire instead of Hanners?

Because Claire was the one who immediately called for a complimentary replacement latte. The Director remembers to whom it owes favours.
I actually only got as far as "That slab was cool" "I wonder if it was a setup for something?" I had not got as far as thinking about how it would be tied in. Thanks for the ideas.

Storel

« Reply #66 on: 15 Oct 2022, 20:57 »

It was in strips 4641-4645, it did look like the monolith but much smaller.

Oh, yeah, I forgot all about that! Well, if it's the director, then someone must have figured out how to communicate with it, becauser Moray kept saying "the Director said this" and "the Director said that".

Maybe it can only communicate via robot-to-robot channels because whoever built it forgot to give it any way to speak?

Edit: I'm actually thinking the thing that looks like a cross between a helicopter and a toilet paper cozy might be the Director. 8-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up