- 3 (13.6%)
The last unicorn
- 10 (45.5%)
Pretty sus
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: 10 Oct 2022, 20:11

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT - October 3rd to October 7th, 2022 (strips #4886 to #4890)  (Read 13891 times)

notStanley

• Larger than most fish

actually interact with people as they are using the service so you can see what they are actually doing and what's going wrong.

It can be soooo difficult to get some folk to tell you exactly what they did, what they expected, and what really happened.  When they do think to include a screen shot, it is often cropped so tight on just an error code, there is no context to see what was going on.

"It is not working" is not really a diagnoseable action item :{

JimC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Alice liked fluffy toys...

Another topic is the implications of AI body size. As originally introduced as anthropcs Pintsize, Momo and Winslow were basically sentient pets, economically dependant on what were sometimes at least called their owners. Although possibly an anthropc might have had an independant earning potential,by and large it didn't happen. Arguably there was a tendency to morph into children, although there was no sense of the owner/parent having a educational/upbringing role.

However when they got full size bodies, even though there's no indication of any change in intellectual capacity, we have a move to an effective adult. No longer pets, there's an apparent expectation to become economically active. Pintsize the anthropc/pet would surely change residence with Marten's guitar, amp etc. Clearly Marten has no such expectation of Pintsize the quasi adult and is treating him as just another housemate. 

Adult humans who don't have full size bodies would doubtless have something to say about this.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I'm trying to imagine what someone as chaotic as Pintsize could do to a place that's already as chaotic as Cubetown. I'm guessing either (a) he'd increase the chaos to the point where nobody could get anything done, even Claire... or (b) nobody would even notice his additional contributions to the chaos, like one more raindrop in a hurricane...

Ack -- trying to visualize Pintsize as only one raindrop in a hurricane, I think I just boggled myself!  :psyduck:

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?

And come to that, does Cubetown even have the infrastructure to support human residents? AI life support consists of a weatherproof room, a solar panel and a battery. Human requirements are a bit more complicated.
Well, there was a human in on the discussion of whether Marten was cute or not with Moray.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?

FWIW, I think that he'll move in with Willow, Iris and Yemisi. He's definitely got a crush on Iris. Her abusive cynicism makes her his kind of girl!
Could be, but Iris is doting on Willow and now knows she's going to have to step it up a little since Wlilow is oblivious.  Pintsize would have to do something-s nice for quite a while to get Iris' attention.  As fragmented as Pintsize is, I don't see that level of campaigning happening consistently or long enough.
This space intentionally left almost blank.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up