- 3 (9.1%)
Pissed off Spookybot
- 7 (21.2%)
Cranky Faye
- 6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: 06 Nov 2022, 18:02

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT - October 31 to November 4, 2022 (strips #4906 to #4910)  (Read 14801 times)

Wingy

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Is my cape on right?

Hold up a sec: is Yay wearing femme clothes in 4909?  If so, that's the first time ever.  Looks like booty shorts and tights to me.
This space intentionally left almost blank.

stayctee

• Plantmonster

Everything that has been said about Tim Horton's is true. Their coffee used to be Pretty Good/Not Too Bad In A Pinch. Now it is Awful. But old folks still love to hang out there.

And, yes, Yay is suddenly wearing a "cute outfit"? Looks like a body suit with no pants? I like it but interesting progression for them.

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung

Well, they haven't been dating long. You need to get through the first phase before you can start thinking about the future :)

I think shanejayell meant with any person ever, not just with each other. Which might be true, although we have no insight in any prior relationships for each, especialy not for Elliott.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

...I'm pretty sure Canadian immigration policy doesn't work that way.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

I think shanejayell meant with any person ever, not just with each other. Which might be true, although we have no insight in any prior relationships for each, especialy not for Elliott.

Ah, I didn't think about it in that way :)
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

...I'm pretty sure Canadian immigration policy doesn't work that way.
Assuming you're responding to the comic... I ended up moving to Canada because I got a job offer here, which happened when I emailed by former Ph.D. advisor for a reference while applying for a job at a company in the United States, and he replied with a job offer instead (it probably helped that the company I was applying at is one of the Canadian company's main competitors).

So if Claire has enough pull in CubeTown to get people hired, and she can make a persuasive argument that Clinton would be a good addition, she could probably get him a work permit for Canada.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri

Yeah, I get Elliot in that bit.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

Ditto.
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

DaiJB

• The German Chancellory building
  • Utterly clueless.

AWWWWW
Someone needs to hug Elliot...

"This fellow... he picks up this tiny bird in his hands and carries its quivering little body across this busy junction -  and feeds it to his cat.
Life's like that; a complex texture of conflicting moralities. " 

Norman Clegg, Last of the Summer Wine

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

Of course way back when it used to be good, and had several community programs going to increase engagement. But then it was sold to Brazilian Restaurants International, who then applied many cost-cutting measures. Thise measures includes a) replacing freshly baked donuts and pastries with reheated ones that come frozen from the factory b) giving up it coffee supplier contract for a cheaper one that tastes nasty (McDonalds now uses the old supplier, which is why their coffee is excellent in Canada) c) changing how much control franchises have, and making it actually difficult for them to maintain quality
In the US, the coffee tastes watery, and the hash browns straight-up taste stale. It's... bad. (I'm in the epicenter of Tim Hortons being in the US - Wendy's brought them in, and my area is where Wendy's is based, so all the test stores to determine whether Americans would even buy it were here.)

At least the ones in my immediate area are notably far worse than the Dunkins I've been to.

Yay, with their godlike powers, will be able to supply an endless amount of bread. Roko will never have to go without again!
...I find myself wondering whether Roko has ever indicated that she'd be attracted to Yay - or anyone else androgynous or femme - even *with* an endless amount of bread...

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.

Hey! That sounds like where -I- live!
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

immortalfrieza

• Emoticontraindication

Considering that Clinton's area of expertise involves A.I. I believe he could probably do most of his work for Cubetown without ever having to leave North Hampton.

notStanley

• Larger than most fish

Considering that Clinton's area of expertise involves A.I. I believe he could probably do most of his work for Cubetown without ever having to leave North Hampton.

but ... but ... but ...

Working remote would mean not getting to hang with the AI after work?!?

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

...having lived in Amherst for four years, I should stress Northampton is one word.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up