THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 May 2024, 23:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Sigur Růs Album  (Read 7489 times)

MilkmanDan

New Sigur Růs Album
« on: 14 Aug 2005, 09:59 »

So, 'Takk', as I believe it is titled. Anyone listened to it yet?
Personally, I'm loving it, but I must admit I'm not the biggest Sigur Růs fan, so I can't really compere it to their other stuff. I need to actually buy () and then maybe I'll get around to listening to it properly.
Anyway, back to the topic in hand: Takk. Opinions?

Hatebunny

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2005, 10:16 »

Well, I haven't heard the new album yet, but Just so you know, () is basically...2 songs played 8 different ways. It's good, but Agaetis Byrjun is better, says I.

thehoopiestfrood

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2005, 11:12 »

I've not heard it yet, but I can't wait to!

Tannhšuser

Well.
« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2005, 13:59 »

It's technically still a leak, so it's no wonder most people probably haven't heard it yet. I had a link to it, but I seem to have lost it :(

For me, the songs seemed a lot more generic to each other, all blending into the same. Although, I am glad they pulled a bit away from the ambient strings and whispers they used to frequently use.

sp2

Re: Well.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2005, 14:25 »

Quote from: Tannhšuser
For me, the songs seemed a lot more generic to each other, all blending into the same.

This differs from other Sigur Ros releases.....how?

practicality

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2005, 15:58 »

I listen to Sigur Ros when I'm trying to block out other noise and concentrate, because I usually end up blocking out the music as well.

jeffmangum

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2005, 16:27 »

i enjoy takk... but its significantly different from their other albums.  its got a quicker pace and is less meandering than before.  its a good record but i dont feel like it is to the same standard of the other sigur ros records.

to put it simply: i'll buy it when it comes out.  i cant say that much for a good part of what i listen to.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #7 on: 14 Aug 2005, 16:53 »

Icelandic whales are the best sort of whales, because they use geothermal power and drink Brennivin.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #8 on: 14 Aug 2005, 23:19 »

Plus when the end of the world comes, their island will transform into a giant UFO and leave the planet.

Oh, you laugh now.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Tannhšuser

Re: Well.
« Reply #9 on: 15 Aug 2005, 20:23 »

Quote from: sp2
Quote from: Tannhšuser
For me, the songs seemed a lot more generic to each other, all blending into the same.

This differs from other Sigur Ros releases.....how?

Well, ( ) was differentiated by the two halves. And I totally had something else in mind when I was thinking, about a different album, but now the title and fact both escape me....

But if you're one to aimlessly download music, then I suppose you could say that.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #10 on: 15 Aug 2005, 20:30 »

Don't Sigur Ros pull tricks like, one of their songs is actually another one slowed down, and the outro to one album is the intro played backwards. Or something.

I wouldn't really hate on them, but they're pretty boring, in my book.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Hatebunny

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #11 on: 16 Aug 2005, 09:13 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Don't Sigur Ros pull tricks like, one of their songs is actually another one slowed down, and the outro to one album is the intro played backwards. Or something.

I wouldn't really hate on them, but they're pretty boring, in my book.

I won't buy your book, but I'll steal someone else's copy, have you sign it, and then burn it before your very eyes.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #12 on: 16 Aug 2005, 09:20 »

I mean, they're relaxing and all, but when I want something ambient and backgroundy, I personally prefer, say, Dreams of Dying Stars, or Blut Aus Nord, or some ...And Oceans, Borknagar, Ulver etc.

Some of those aren't actually a million miles away from Sigur Ros, they just have elements that make them more appealing to me. I could listen to Sigur Ros easily, it's just I choose not to.

Hell, can you imagine someone who couldn't stand listening to them? That would be one tense mofo.

soap

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #13 on: 16 Aug 2005, 10:33 »

i've heard its more like Agaetis Byrjun with added rock ... but those might be lies people have told me because i haven't heard it yet.

Agaetis Byrjun was pretty spectacular, it would be cool to see it being more like that than ( )

heretic

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2005, 10:45 »

Quote from: Hatebunny
Well, I haven't heard the new album yet, but Just so you know, () is basically...2 songs played 8 different ways. It's good, but Agaetis Byrjun is better, says I.

second'd

Jed

• The German Chancellory building
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2005, 22:29 »

Bought it a month ago. It's ok...
"To say that Columbus discovered America is by no means inaccurate! I discover things people already knew about all the time!"

Radiowar

• Obscure cultural reference
    • my music
New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #16 on: 17 Aug 2005, 13:25 »

Would I be the only one who enjoyed Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do?

Agaetis Byrjun was cool for uhh awhile. ( ) was booooring, though Untitled 3/Samskeyti is a cool song.

Saturday

New Sigur Růs Album
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2005, 05:52 »

iīm listening to this for the first time and itīs great. more in the vein of agaetis byrjun, which is, for me, VERY good. very optimistic, and uplifting.
aw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up