THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly  (Read 3166 times)

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« on: 22 Aug 2006, 17:01 »

http://www.myspace.com/getcapewearcapefly

This guy has the best name ever. I'm putting this here because on the recommendation threads I doubt most people actually click the links they just put down what they want others to listen to but don't listen to other people's recommendations. that's my major gripe with the recommendations threads. No one listens to the recommendations!

So fucking listen to this guy. He's great. and he has the best name ever. That's two new artists I've found this summer that have changed my listening habits hugely. normally i only hear one new really exciting band a year. That's 2 in three months. Wowzers. Something in the water?
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2006, 17:10 »

nice. i dont normally get into this kind of music but the song "call me ishmael" is pretty good. "ISpy" was slightly generic and boring but not bad.
i really really like  the name though and i wish they had more songs up so i could make a real decision on how i feel about them. but so far i dont hate them and would listen to them willingly so i definitely want to hear some more.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2006, 17:15 »

I zink an album ius just out, or maybe on its way out. He's doing LOADS of gigs. You can prob download some. I've heard he#'s very good live. Kind of uplifting. I'm defintiely going to catch him when he gets his ass down here to Brighton.
the rest is dross.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2006, 17:50 »

Best name ever? That's a shocking name for a group. Fuck that.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Count_Zero

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2006, 04:16 »

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly is awesome. He's been a -bit- co-opted by the NME  and their ilk as the champion of the current 'Guy with acoustic guitar and drum machine' movement, but I've got the the eponynmous EP and it's well worth a listen. Don't think the album is out yet, but it won't be long...

*CZ

StupidityKills

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2006, 09:05 »

CZ - You're in Bristol, you must have seen this guy a bunch of times right? Me too! I think he's pretty great. And it is a good name.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2006, 11:05 »

He does dozens of secret gigs everywhere too which is cool. He's doing a "secret" gig at our uni radio station in the coming months. "Secret" in that everybody at the radio station, and their mates, knows about it. He's a bit of a dude apparently, even though he's an Essex boy.
the rest is dross.

Count_Zero

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2006, 12:40 »

Quote from: StupidityKills
CZ - You're in Bristol, you must have seen this guy a bunch of times right? Me too! I think he's pretty great. And it is a good name.

I wish. I just cottoned on to him and then had to up sticks for 6 months to the arse-end of nowhere. What can you do? I'll be back in Oct. though, he's playing the Academy (sticky floor!) then so I'll try to go to that.

I did see Jeremy Warmsley at the Bierkeller (I think) back in the day though which was about as lo-fi as they come...

*CZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up