THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mal Idee  (Read 5524 times)

swordskill

Mal Idee
« on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:15 »

I am thinking about trying to get the masses into my comic. basically my story is that I started just making a journal but in paint. using only one panel. often it ended up being funny. my two personal favorites are
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/mypetskeleton/nick_is_a_pirate.jpg">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/mypetskeleton/so_im_gay.jpg">

Should I continue my hobby and try to get people into it or just give up?

Jamoky

Mal Idee
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:42 »

well...

you might want to show us more, because right now I'm just seeing two panels that don't have anything to do with eachother and don't seem to have self contained jokes either.
the first one: ok, its a pirate ship.  whats the square thing, and the writing on the underside say?
the second one: what? out of context gay joke? maybe. I have no idea what to say about it, cause I have no idea whats going on.  I'll just say that homophobia isn't funny so don't joke about it.

swordskill

Mal Idee
« Reply #2 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:44 »

first of all, there suposed to be one panel things, so they dont have anything to do with eachother, but aside that the ship says S.H.H. Stolen

and the second one is making fun of emo kids.

blindsuperhero

Mal Idee
« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:45 »

I don't get it.

swordskill

Mal Idee
« Reply #4 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:49 »

you know, after thinking about it, it really wouldnt make sense to people who dont know me.. So yeah, forget the post haha.

Cave Monster

Mal Idee
« Reply #5 on: 04 Feb 2005, 20:00 »

I hate to see people give up. Look you're obviously just starting, and you seem to have an interest in sharing your comics, just because they're not so well recieved right now, doesn't mean you can't get better. I think I actually get the pirate joke. "Shh stolen" is written on the side right? An attempt to be sneaky which foils itself. Just looking at that strip (I don't wanna touch the other one with a ten foot pole) Think about how it might appeal to an audience better. If the writing is meant to be paint, maybe it can be drawn in a way that reinforces that, with drips or some other cue. Keep looking for details that may help you to communicate better and you may end up being really awesome, who knows?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Mal Idee
« Reply #6 on: 04 Feb 2005, 21:26 »

i kinda like the SHH Stolen, but don't like the second one.  basically, by saying that "emo is worse than gay" you're saying that being gay is a negative thing in itself.  which is so gay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up