THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 10:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ipod- sorry Im a dork  (Read 17466 times)

kpea

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« on: 25 Dec 2004, 19:09 »

I just got a 40gb Ipod for christmas and Im having some problems...
I really hate to be so annoying, but if any one knows anything about them, can you please IM me at "Uptown Kelly" on AIM or respond here?
It was working fine earlier but now it's not... I know it's connected to my computer because it's charging and stuff, but Itunes all of a sudden has refused to recognize it so I cant upload anymore music or anything! :(
help please?

Kjammer

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2004, 19:46 »

I ran into this problem several times, if your iPod is connected to your computer, and it just says "charging" instead of "Do not disconnect" hold down the Menu and Selcet (center) button simutainiously untill the Apple logo appears.

Hope it works, I had to look on apple.com for hours to solve this when I had the problem.

kpea

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2004, 20:13 »

wow! thanks so much!!

Staplegun

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2004, 20:59 »

If it makes you feel better, I asked for an iPOD and I got a 5GB Dell Pocket DJ that's still in the mail.

Uber-McBitter pants is my new name.

Phobos

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2004, 00:27 »

Hey who here has a crappy 128mb MP3 player made in Korea?

Oh, I do!  

Damn rich kids ;)

Simon

• Plantmonster
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2004, 03:35 »

Quote from: Phobos

Oh, I do!  

Damn rich kids ;)

Who here ony has a Cassette Walkman that's 6 years old?

I do :(

Sionide

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Check out the AnthroPC Handbook
    • sionide.net
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2004, 04:18 »

Quote from: Phobos

Oh, I do!  

Damn rich kids ;)

mine's a 256mb one, made in taiwan ;) close enough!!

MilkmanDan

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2004, 12:11 »

Quote from: Kjammer
hold down the Menu and Selcet (center) button simutainiously untill the Apple logo appears.

That's basically the solution to every ipod problem that you'll ever experience. Except your battery going dead. It won't help you then.

Phobos

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2004, 12:41 »

They were still making casette walkmen 6 years ago?

Mnementh

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2004, 13:00 »

Quote from: Simon

Who here ony has a Cassette Walkman that's 6 years old?

I do :(

Outdoer!

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #10 on: 26 Dec 2004, 16:35 »

I'd rather have one of those flash based MP3 players then a bulky hard drive equiped IPOD or DELL any way.  Maybe they don't store as much but they are way lighter and who needs to carry around their entire music collection with them all the time?  We all have computers at home to store the excess files so why not just make play lists of songs you actually want to listen to?

c1utch

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2004, 17:01 »

well you get your wish, apple is supposedly coming out with a flash player in the coming months.  That and an update for the mini

emor

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2004, 15:24 »

Oerdin, clearly you have never carried around all your music in your pocket because it is awesome.  And modern HDD Mp3 players are anything but bulky.  Mine is smaller than a deck of cards and weighs less than five ounces.

geoff

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2004, 18:12 »

Quote from: emor
Oerdin, clearly you have never carried around all your music in your pocket because it is awesome.  And modern HDD Mp3 players are anything but bulky.  Mine is smaller than a deck of cards and weighs less than five ounces.

I don't really find them to be any bulkier than the discmen we were all carrying around not two years ago.

Or maybe I just don't see the need to spend 200 more dollars just to have a prettier mp3 player with half the memory.

mr_bowen2000

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2004, 21:08 »

iPods are way overpriced. You can get a 20 gig Rio Karma player that 2/3 the size of an iPod, with twice the battery life for $250.  I'm saving for one.  Meanwhile, I carry 512 megs of music on my PDA.

MetaPop

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #15 on: 31 Dec 2004, 23:55 »

My CD walkman owns all this new fangled 'mp3' get-up. So what if it skips when I breathe on it and eats batteries faster than an inquisitive toddler...

oh god, I want an mp3 player so badly...

czar0406

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #16 on: 01 Jan 2005, 12:48 »

CammyKnoxville

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:51 »

Even though my 40GB cost me a pretty penny, it has to be one of the best investments for me as of late.  I take her EVERYWHERE!  
Muhahahahhahaha!!!

krug

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #18 on: 04 Jan 2005, 01:10 »

I don't think 40Gb would fit my entire music collection any more.

geoff

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #19 on: 04 Jan 2005, 01:27 »

You need to learn to trim down your fucking music selection then. If you can't be satisfied with 40 gigs of mp3s, there's something wrong with you.

krug

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #20 on: 04 Jan 2005, 01:36 »

I selected it all, why would I want to trim it down again?  Hard drive space is cheap, except when it comes in little white boxes it seems.

Deacon

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.firekite.com
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #21 on: 04 Jan 2005, 08:02 »

I'd be happy with an iPod Mini with 8GB (or 15GB, preferably, but doubling the capacity by doubleing the platters in that tiny little hard drive in there seems much more likely than quadrupling it).  That way I could fit almost all my music collection on there, or I could put all my music that I actually care about, plus some room to spare for the storage of whatever other digital data.
Eric (the Deacon remix)

Code: [Select]
do() || do_not(); // try();

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jan 2005, 04:31 »

i heart my iriver h320. ^_^ i don't know how i stayed sane with the 256mb mp3 player i had before... 50 songs just isn't enough.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

moo113

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #23 on: 08 Jan 2005, 08:52 »

Rich kids suck. A friend of mine happens to be loaded and for christmas (last year) she got a 17" PowerBook G4 and a 3G 20GB iPod. When she opened, she asked in her very snotty tone, "What is it?"

Damn rich kids...

Then again, I've got a 4G 20GB...

Styrix

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #24 on: 08 Jan 2005, 10:52 »

I've almost filled my 40 gigs, and I need more.  I must be able to answer any "Do you have that song by that one band..." question at any time, anywhere!

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #25 on: 11 Jan 2005, 18:57 »

So what's the consensus?  iPod good, bad, teh suck?  I am considering getting a 40GB iPod photo m'self, (it'll take me some time to save for it, but goddamn it'll be satisfying to buy it!)

Smiley

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jan 2005, 12:41 »

If you still have trbl getting Itunes to recognize the ipod, you may not have the newest version of the ipod software. go on to Ipod.com and find the newest updater software and do it. It'll replace the software on the ipod, not the music.

Also, i had my ipod with me in 8 degree weather while i was walking to my dorm, and the ipod completely and literally froze. Screen stuck, no response, nada. I had to wait for the battery to die, recharge,and reset it to make it work again. Now the 10 hour battery only hoilds a 2 hr charge.

xeno

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #27 on: 24 Jan 2005, 16:56 »

Being a Canuck, and outdoors alot, I have to ask... 8 degrees Celsius, or Fahrenheit? Either way, that is NOT good news...

c1utch

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #28 on: 24 Jan 2005, 18:20 »

Weird, mine works when I ski out here, and it gets cold some days.  lower than 0 farenheight, especially with wind chill.  My ipods never stopped working in the middle of a song etc

But that  may explain why so many have had such short lives for me.

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #29 on: 24 Jan 2005, 19:21 »

+++A LIST OF THINGS MY IPOD HAS ACTUALLY DONE FOR ME BESIDES WASTE MONEY+++++

1. Give me something else to concintrate on while picking up dog crap.

2. Give me something else to concintrate on while taking that long walk to robies or eds house ( where i am only going to be kick out again, HALF WAY THREW MY SAMWICH, because of thier psyco parents)

3.Give me something to dance to while waiting for the bus( oh how the people stare!)

4. Give me pink floyd induced trips while walking around the nieghborhood.( IF you dont eat your meat you cant have any pudding, how can you have any pudding if you dont eat you meat?)

5.gives me power to ignor the ipod ads( i already have one)

6. Um, sort of a nice paperwight,,,,,,,,

7.Ah yes, gives me the chance to listen to ed and robie sing like M.Jackson

8. Allows me to read HALLARIOUS Maddox articles anywhere any time.

9. Gives me a reason to curse when it dies the day after the garuntee does.

10. oh yeah, it holds music too.

mee-kay-la

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #30 on: 27 Jan 2005, 10:13 »

I have now come to the conclusion that I'm the only weirdo satisfied to have a three-year-old walkman and carry a book of CDs around everywhere...

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #31 on: 27 Jan 2005, 12:16 »

I happen to be one of those weirdos.  I have a pretty official looking back that looks full of important stuff.  But no, it's just full of CDs.

nihilist

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #32 on: 28 Jan 2005, 07:43 »

I have my 5GB Rio Carbon LE.  It's small, light, massive battery life, and is pure sex.  Oh, and it's not Apple.  Winner!

pip_helix

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #33 on: 28 Jan 2005, 08:19 »

Quote from: ComfortEagle
+++A LIST OF THINGS MY IPOD HAS ACTUALLY DONE FOR ME BESIDES WASTE MONEY+++++

6. Um, sort of a nice paperwight,,,,,,,,

this is very true! losing my ipod in my sea of papers has enabled me to find both my telephone (not the cell) and the tv remote...amazing...

Smiley

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #34 on: 06 Feb 2005, 06:48 »

I have to say, my iPod and I pwn the road. I do alot of 20+ hour road trips when I have leave saved up, and it's nice to have 20+ hours of my chosen music playing on the radio.

I love my ipod and wouldn't give it up for anything. I originally had a 5 gb ipod when they first came out as an xmas present. No one knew what the hell it was, because I had one of the first ones on the market. I felt high and mighty that first year, until people started getting 10 gb's and 10 gb's with better features... I finally said goodbye to my darling 5 months ago and upgraded to a 20 gb. I gave the older one to my kid brother who needs to be indoctrinated into the world of music.

Btw, whoever said rich kids suck.... Someone in their family had to make sacrifices and work their asses off to get to that status in life. Somewhere along the line they were in the same social condition that you are. Maybe you could learn a lesson from their family and do the same. Or join the military, and get payed crap like me ;-)

nihilist

Ipod- sorry Im a dork
« Reply #35 on: 06 Feb 2005, 10:14 »

Eh, 5GB Carbon which is smaller then a credit card.  Also doubles as a portable hard drive.  Yay USB 2.0 in a tiny package.  And it's stupid fast, since it's not a physical hard drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up