Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 06:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going to see the Wrens tomorrow!  (Read 3196 times)

AbsolootGeek

Going to see the Wrens tomorrow!
« on: 10 Feb 2005, 15:01 »

I'm very excited about this concert, 'cause the Wrens were one of my favorite bands of the past year or so.  That, and I don't get to go to shows very often 'cause I'm poor. :\  

Has anyone else see the Wrens?  Do they put on a good show?

jaffy

« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2005, 20:09 »

at the black cat?  i really wanted to go but i have a hockey game out in reston then

AbsolootGeek

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2005, 10:33 »

Yep, I believe the Black Cat is where the show is.  My friend got the tickets, so I'm not entirely sure. :)  I'll let ya know how the show was when I get back tonight though.

emor

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2005, 14:33 »

The Wrens are stupendous live.  About fitythousand times better than recorded.

AbsolootGeek

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2005, 16:44 »

Agreed!!  Wow did they put on a fucking awesome show!  These middle-aged men rock out harder than most other bands I've seen who are half their age.  

The two opening bands (the Upwelling and Army of Me) pretty much sucked.  But thankfully, the Wrens made up for that tenfold.  They started off their set with This Boy is Exhausted, with just one member on stage.  Slowly, the other guys came out on stage and added their part to the song, until finally, they bass player comes jumping out on stage in a parka.  In a fucking PARKA!!  Brilliant.  And for Boys, You Won't Remember, they even brought a few audience members up on stage to play various percussion.  And one of them was right the fuck next to me!  ARGH!!!

Truly though, it was an amazing show.  They have such raw energy on stage, it'd be impossible not to get sucked into the show.  If you're a Wrens fan, do yourself a huge favor and see them live at the first possible opportunity.  I guarantee you won't regret it.

Psiogen

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2005, 16:57 »

My one Wrens show was one of my favorite concerts ever.

lazarus18

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2005, 01:48 »

Hoo ray! They are the band I most long to see live, and after missing last year's stop to smallish Denton, Texas they're doing two dates in Austin. Sadly they are both during SxSW, which means tickets will be extraordinarily hard to come by :(.

-Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up