THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doom3, "teh sux"?  (Read 23474 times)

painQuin

Doom3, "teh sux"?
« Reply #50 on: 11 Feb 2005, 08:10 »

that would in fact be amusing, as it would be the only aspect of they game they would maintain

edit: there's a perfectly good reason, it's just not an in-game reason
it's an external reason, they want you scared and cautious when you're going through the game, not running and gunning like most

a game where something truly bad happened when you died... now that would make people careful
perhaps if you only had one save-game slot per game you started...
so either you play it safe, or you risk losing everything
bwahahaha

Rauko

Doom3, "teh sux"?
« Reply #51 on: 11 Feb 2005, 08:12 »

Quote from: noirakita
come on guys, why don't we all play a nice happy game of Katamary Damacy?  Too bad it's one player.  still, lots of enjoyment on your own.  almost as good as certain things that are done on ones own  ;-D

*giggles insanely as she rolls over yet another person/cow/telephone/piece of sushi/handcuffs/building/cloud...*

-noirakita

ALAS!  Katamari does have a multiplayer mode!  You can compete at the same time to see who gets the bigger ball!  A little head to head ball rolling is all that anyone really needs.

painQuin

Doom3, "teh sux"?
« Reply #52 on: 11 Feb 2005, 08:18 »

she knows perfectly well there's a multiplayer, we are perfectly matched against each other

but, in all honesty it doesn't have a very good multiplayer mode - I'm not saying I don't enjoy it, mind you
however, I would prefer the ability to change the time limit, setting, starting size, and so on
it would be far more fun to roll around picking up people in multiplayer, or at least to have the option

and all I could think about watching RotK extended, was how big a katamari you could get by rolling up first the goblins, then the orcs, then the ogres and hill giants, eventually you get the oliphants, the Two Towers, mount doom...
and *eventually* you are big enough to pick up the ring, at which point you enter Eternal Mode

Rauko

Doom3, "teh sux"?
« Reply #53 on: 13 Feb 2005, 12:52 »

Sounds like a Battle for Middle Earth mod idea to me!You pick a hobbit and start rolling around... something...  I guess a boulder and start picking shit up.

painQuin

Doom3, "teh sux"?
« Reply #54 on: 14 Feb 2005, 07:30 »

http://fccafe.fc2web.com/ptamacy.html
I made that for noirakita, she loves it :-D

edit: to clear that up, "pt" represents the same sound as "d"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up