Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 06:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arcade Fire interview @ Pitchfork  (Read 2965 times)

rynne

• The Tickler
  • Hey, nice marmot!
Arcade Fire interview @ Pitchfork
« on: 16 Feb 2005, 07:03 »

Here's the link, folks.

Pitchfork goes way over the top, pretension-wise, right from the beginning by trying to piggyback themselves with the Arcade Fire: "It's really funny. It's like we can't exist independently in the press. I mean, are you as sick of that as we are?"  Win isn't having any of their BS, though.  :D
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Abattur

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2005, 07:06 »

I just wonder who these persons are...
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

ASturge

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2005, 07:12 »

pitchfork: pretensious bastards

GalacticCmdr

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2005, 12:22 »

I just read through the entire interview and it was really obnoxious in the beginning. Pitchfork was trying so hard to link themselves to Arcade Fire. Then when Win ducked and avoided their attempts they came back and tried duct tape, chains, and anything else to make it seem like Arcade Fire and Pitchfork are really one and the same. It was just so grossly obvious that it was painful to read during the beginning.

Finally after Win ducked and dodged enough, Pitchfork just gave up and decided to give an interview.

Chip

nothingwitty

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2005, 14:25 »

I'm a pretty cynical person, so I thought maybe I was just making the obnoxiousness of Pitchfork up in my brain.  Good to know other people saw it too.

Hehe, Win doesn't seem all together happy with the interview, does he?  It made me smile.  I think my favorite quote from the whole thing was "I don't listen to much indie rock."

Mmmmm, irony.

Johnny C

• Awakened
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2005, 15:12 »

Pitchfork: It's really funny. It's like we can't exist independently in the press. I mean, are you as sick of that as we are?

Win: I don't know. I think that people have a narrow view of things. You definitely get a lot of lazy, weak features. And I'm sure you guys probably experience that as well.

I think Win might have snuck in a little shot there. This makes me happy.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

happybirthdaygelatin

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2005, 15:49 »

I don't know if that was exactly snuck in.  Heh.  Pitchfork person also seemed to have quite a fondness for the word "like."

"It's like I was saying about religious texts. Religions take very seriously the idea that death is real. I think that MTV doesn't take the idea very seriously, and yes, I'm exposed to MTV and I choose to watch MTV a lot more than I choose to read the Koran. Like, I was watching "The Ashlee Simpson Show" last night and it just sucked me in. Two hours of my life! I chose to do it, you know?"

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2005, 16:21 »

Jesus, enough with the Pitchfork bashing, people. It's lame and trite and boring. If you don't like them, why are you reading their site?
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up