THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a Computer....  (Read 5704 times)

Jolouie

Building a Computer....
« on: 23 Feb 2005, 14:51 »

So I'm building a computer and these are the parts...

Processor

Mobo

Memory

Video Card

Sound Card

Case

Monitor

I'm still looking for a burner/drive and a hard drive. If you have any to suggest, go ahead.

Iompair

Building a Computer....
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2005, 01:34 »

Me too, case and motherboard arrived yesterday.
And the rest of the bits should be in today.

c1utch

Building a Computer....
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2005, 05:09 »

Just FYI, he PSUs bundled with cases are usually not ones that I, or many other people, would ever reccomend using.  Usually, they are not nearly as stable as real, picked out, researched and purchased ones.  Think about it, that case, with PSU is $60.  Normal power supplies are around that price, if not a bit more for a stand-up one.

Well, I seem to prefer Lite-On for burners and Seagate for HDDs, but also have a really nice BenQ drive.

Look around Outpost.com and Pricewatch.com as well as Newegg.

catflea

Building a Computer....
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2005, 09:54 »

I have a benq CD-RW which is a beautiful drive,  pretty speedy and stable.  I also have a compaq DVD writer which is great for burning DVDs but doesn't seem to handle CDRs too well.

HDD seagate are the kings,    I tend to end up with Maxtors though and have never had problems (except my own fault)

cliffkik

Building a Computer....
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2005, 10:17 »

If you wanted to, you could not buy a sound card FOR NOW because that mobo has onboard sound, and then go for a better processor and a better video card.  That's just my opinion though...

Jenno

• Furry furrier
Building a Computer....
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2005, 06:06 »

Its always better to go with a non onboard sound card for performance reasons... but meh.

My dvd burner is this one => http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?DEPA=0&description=27-152-037&ATT=CD+DVD+Burners+RW+Dr&CMP=OTC-d3alt1me
Works well for me :)

GNI

Building a Computer....
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2005, 06:31 »

I have 2 western digital hdds and my CD-RW and DVD drives are LG. I've never had any trouble with them, i am fairly impressed, although they are not really one of the well recognised brands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up