THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 07:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone back up their music?  (Read 9488 times)

yipjumpmusic

Anyone back up their music?
« on: 07 Apr 2005, 22:56 »

Just another kind of poll I guess.  I am paranoid so I have most of my music backed up on data discs as some is not easy to get.  Once I was glad I did because a cd was stolen (was inside the car stereo that was stolen) but I at least could burn a disc to replace it and put it in the case which I still have.  I'd rather have the best quality of sound, but most of the time I would not notice unless I really listened for it and sometimes not even then.  Anyways, so anyone else backup their music?

El Opium

« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr 2005, 23:00 »

All of the music I keep in my place at school is on CD-R or cassette copied from orginal CDs or LPs to protect against theft or damage. I've lost a couple CD-Rs over time but it was super easy to just burn a copy from the original and put it right back in the place of the missing disk in my bag.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 07 Apr 2005, 23:28 »

All my CDs are on my computer and my mp3 player.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

nothingwitty

« Reply #3 on: 07 Apr 2005, 23:39 »

I don't listen to music.

yipjumpmusic

« Reply #4 on: 07 Apr 2005, 23:46 »

So what DO you listen to?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2005, 00:07 »

post-music. All the hipsters are into it now, hadn't you heard?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

yipjumpmusic

« Reply #6 on: 08 Apr 2005, 00:18 »

Nope, I'm post-hipster.

Bones

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.sixtnine.co.za
« Reply #7 on: 08 Apr 2005, 02:37 »

Don't worry you should get the memo about it soon...its in the post :-)
I see you looking at me looking at you

MilkmanDan

« Reply #8 on: 08 Apr 2005, 02:57 »

All my music is on my computer. But it's not all on CD. So some of it is backed up.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #9 on: 08 Apr 2005, 06:41 »

All of mine's on my computer, with the exception of a few promos as they're copy protected and asked me to download software to copy them, which I don't like the sound of...
Without my music, I'm screwed, as it's how I earn money. I realy should stop walking back through town with my entire music collection on my person, it doesn't seem wise somehow...

jal-vani

« Reply #10 on: 08 Apr 2005, 06:49 »

my computer + 2 iPods + a litte sister who is into the same music i am = a constantly expanding library with redundant automatic backups! i rule!

ASturge

« Reply #11 on: 08 Apr 2005, 07:15 »

its all on my comp

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #12 on: 08 Apr 2005, 15:17 »

I'm currently in the middle of backing up all my music, because my friend, who had a massive more amount of music (A good 20 gigs or so) just had his harddrive wiped by a virus or somethig like that, and he lost all his music, and now I'm paranoid. Also, If I'm ever going to somplace like school or the library or work or something, I never bring my original cd, it's always a copy.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #13 on: 08 Apr 2005, 15:45 »

I back up most of my music, mostly so I can play games and listen to music without having to use both CD drives or anything, plus my CD collection lives all the way upstairs in my room.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Moriarty

« Reply #14 on: 08 Apr 2005, 16:21 »

I'll be backing mine up soon (yeah, same as everyone else!) because I'm investing in a new PC. Only about 10% of my music is backed up, and thats mostly older stuff I was into at uni

mechorg

« Reply #15 on: 08 Apr 2005, 17:58 »

I'm still in the process of ripping my cds onto my external HD (and will probably be a never-ending process).  Then they get converted to mp3 cds so I can listen to them in my car.

Both of my brothers have had their cars broken into multiple times and I fear the possibility of my cds being stolen more than anything else I keep in there.  Mp3 mixes can be easily duplicated without too much hassle.

Eventually I'll be cool and cut out all this hassle by purchasing an iPod, but hey.... I'm not cool.

daviesmatt

« Reply #16 on: 09 Apr 2005, 02:12 »

I have about 2/3 of my CDs saved to the hard drive as 192kbps mp3s. 16gb, and it's always increasing as I download/buy more CDs.

7.62x39mm

« Reply #17 on: 09 Apr 2005, 02:59 »

I backup everything on my computer religiously, including music. Makes it easier in case of hard drive crashes, or on the occasion that I switch computers. Having a DVD-RW drive on this particular machine made the backing up that much easier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up