Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 07:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toadies  (Read 2619 times)

ComfortEagle

• Curry sauce
Toadies
« on: 24 Feb 2005, 21:16 »

I have recently rediscovered the Toadies "rubberneck"
and cant stop listening to it, how ever,
 is teh song "Possum Kindom" realy about vampires? i heard that and the lyrics seem to support it, but im just not sure.

lavinia nebbs

Toadies
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2005, 23:27 »

I saw the toadies play at a club several years ago and it was freakin' AMAZING.  probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.  I'm pretty sure they've broken up since.  But their later album (hell below, stars above) is pretty good too.  get it!

dontstaylong

Toadies
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2005, 10:55 »

the toadies were great... i'm from near dallas, so it was cool to see a band from the area get decently big.  they broke up a few years ago, but i managed to catch them on the tour for HB,SA.  great fucking show.  todd lewis has one of the best voices in rock music right now, i think... i've not heard much by the burden brothers, but i've heard it's decent.

on the old toadies website they were very clear that possum kingdom isn't about vampires... i don't know what it is about, however.  possum kingdom is a lake in the DFW area, though.

rubberneck is just a fantastic rock record, all the way through.

rocknrollsultan

Toadies
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2005, 09:40 »

Whoa... the Toadies?!?!?!?!?!  Daaaaaamn!  I haven't heard them in years!  I was in 8th grade when Rubberneck came out (I think) and I loved that album.  I think I should buy a new copy of that.  This should have been my springboard into the realm of alternative music, but I soon got into hardcore instead, so that would have to wait until college.  The Toadies are probably one of the few bands I liked back in my middle school days that I'd still enjoy now.

Robby

Toadies
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2005, 22:44 »

hell ya- toadies.  "mister love" was always my favorite.

jal-vani

Toadies
« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2005, 22:30 »

i am a huge fan of that album, yo! werd!

happyface was my anthem for a couple years. and tyler got me choked up a little, even though it's really creepy, it's a little loving.

anybody heard their follow-up? i keep meaning to buy it, but always find something else.

lavinia nebbs

Toadies
« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2005, 23:50 »

oh gosh, tyler is and always will be my JAM.  
and i definitely suggest hell below stars above.  It's hard to make it a favorite since rubberneck has been around so long, but it's been out for a good four years now, and i'm sure you could easily find it on amazon or half.com for a buck or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up