Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 07:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rilo Kiley  (Read 2991 times)

maculated

Rilo Kiley
« on: 28 Feb 2005, 12:23 »

I can't get anything done today. I just keep hitting "replay" on Accidntel Death (why can't they spell??).

The sound is catchy, the words are good, and man . . . she catches that feeling of sudden, gutwrenching regret.

Great song.

muffy

• The Tickler
Rilo Kiley
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2005, 13:51 »

In severe danger of sounding like a total geek here (what's new?!) but I have a sneaky suspicion about the spelling - see, Jimmy Tamborello from the Postal Service produced/knob twiddles on a lot of the songs (plus Jenny Lewis has done work with them and is a sometimes creditted band member), and one o Jimmy's other projects was DNTEL, thus accidntel deth...
Or at least, that's my theory, I may be completely wrong.

And half the album's lovely (that song included), but then it starts wandering over into Ally McBeal soundtrack territory...
#Aaaaaaaaaaaaahm oooohhhnly a woooooooohmaaan# etc.
It upset me.

maculated

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2005, 13:53 »

Muffy - ha ha!! I hadn't noticed the Dntel connection - but I saw it and thought of it, so I guess I am not that uncool after all.

I agree with the Ally McBeal stuff, but there are some major winners on this album, too.

Conatonc

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2005, 19:56 »

I like them a lot. Some of her lyrics are annoying, but I thought More Adventurous was a damn fine album.

Spencer

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2005, 08:16 »

Rilo Kiley is bout 75% Pure Awesome and 25% Pure Crap.

Overall, I enjoy them immensely. I love Jenny's voice.

trill

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:03 »

I actually started listening to them because, come one, Blake was Joey the rat...

But I really love Jenny's voice, and the new album. Even "I Never" and "Does He Love You?" which some of my friends hate..

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Rilo Kiley
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:27 »

I just have trouble listening to her, knowing that she was in The Wizard...(even though maybe I kinda liked that movie)
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

maculated

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:30 »

Was she? My life has come full circle - back when I was 10, I WAS the Wizard.

Spencer

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2005, 08:28 »

My world is completely rocked.

Blake was Joey the Rat?!?!

Jenny was the chick from The Wizard?!?!

It's like all of my favorite things from when I was 12 are now my favorite thing at 25.

Dan Hoey

Rilo Kiley
« Reply #9 on: 03 Mar 2005, 09:41 »

Quote from: Spencer
My world...

So, Spencer, did you know that your Avatar is in some restricted area of ingenuitous.com, so that every time I visit a page with one of your posts I get asked to log in?

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me, but I'm pretty new here.  Maybe this should be a private message, but I've never got that to work quite right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up