Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Jan 2022, 06:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgotten and Found  (Read 5015 times)

catflea

Forgotten and Found
« on: 02 Mar 2005, 07:43 »

So what albums have you guys had hiding in a cupboard for years, forgotten and unloved, and you recently pulled them out and they were better than you remembered.

To risk ridicule here :-  Stereophonics - Word Gets around.

They seem to me to be a pretty decent band but Just Enough Education to Perform has turned them into the butt of many a joke.

AndSheeWas

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2005, 07:55 »

Soundgarden--Superunknown and the soundtrack to the new Psycho movie.

Damn, I'm back in my "metal" phase.

Deformagraphy

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2005, 07:59 »

If Soundgarden is metal, then I'm gay.

Rage Against the Machine - Self Titled and The Battle of LA
The Crystal Method - Vegas
Ministry - Psalm 69 (there's your metal.)

:P

catflea

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2005, 08:08 »

Quote from: Deformagraphy
If Soundgarden is metal, then I'm gay.

Hello Ducky!

sorry, couldn't resist

Tinjessla

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2005, 08:15 »

Smashing Pumpkins -  Siamese Dream was appreciated a lot more after  the 'We hate/love them' thread a few weeks back made me dig it out.

catflea

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2005, 08:31 »

funny that,  I'm listening to rotten apples right now.  Disarm to be exact

blindsuperhero

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #6 on: 02 Mar 2005, 08:44 »

Word Gets Around, much like Definitely Maybe, is actually a good record. I've been thinking recently about bands that are vastly popular, yet somehow underrated, because people just think "oh yeah, they're a good band", but never listen to their records. For example, New Adventures in Hi-Fi by R.E.M. is one of the best records ever.

lavinia nebbs

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #7 on: 02 Mar 2005, 09:26 »

my roommate randomly played Matchbox Twenty a few weeks ago, and I got really into it.  Not because their music is especially good but more because of the positive memories attached to when I liked them as a middleschooler.

muffy

• The Tickler
Forgotten and Found
« Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2005, 10:11 »

Psssssst - has anyone heard the new 'phonics single? I can't stand that guy's voice, but it's actually really rather good.

Just been sorting through my music on my computer and found an entire album which sounds like a bizarre cross between King Adora, Pink Grease and some generic shitty emo band - which is all well and good, except I have no idea who the hell it is or where it came from, as I know I haven't downloaded it...
*befuddled*

Unosuke

• Curry sauce
Forgotten and Found
« Reply #9 on: 02 Mar 2005, 14:45 »

The Living End - Roll On
Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler

i was a punk wanna-be in high school
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

rynne

• The Tickler
  • Hey, nice marmot!
Forgotten and Found
« Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2005, 17:31 »

NIN - The Fragile

Actually, I hadn't forgotten about it.  I just always thought it was way too long and convoluted.  

So anyway, last night I finally got around making an edited mix of it.  And I found that if you cut about 60 minutes out of its 104-minute runtime, you can come up with a pretty nifty album.  :)
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Jooooosh

• Curry sauce
Forgotten and Found
« Reply #11 on: 02 Mar 2005, 17:38 »

I had lost my Foo Fighter CD, and about a year after i lost it, i looked at my stereo and it was there. and i was happy=)
fast-food for thought

daviesmatt

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #12 on: 02 Mar 2005, 18:25 »

I found The Members - Sounds of the Suberbs (greatest hits) at the bottom of my wardrobe a few weeks ago. Dont ask how it got there, because I have absolutely no idea. Sounds much better than i remember,

El Opium

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #13 on: 02 Mar 2005, 18:46 »

Was listening to my copy of Pan American's self titled album I ordered by half mistake years ago and its pretty good. Its just really minimal electro dub that would barely be loud at max volume.

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
Forgotten and Found
« Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 2005, 19:40 »

that's weird, i just pulled a cd out tonight that had been sitting for maybe five years...and man, it was good.

animal rights by moby...the only moby album i can actually get into...it's so, so good.

Psiogen

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #15 on: 02 Mar 2005, 20:05 »

Quote from: lavinia nebbs
my roommate randomly played Matchbox Twenty a few weeks ago, and I got really into it.  Not because their music is especially good but more because of the positive memories attached to when I liked them as a middleschooler.

Good lord, has Matchbox 20 actually been around long enough to induce nostalgia?

As for me, I recently dug out the first Velvet Underground record and liked it a lot more than I remembered. I'd always thought their third album was their best, but now I'm not sure.

Reno

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #16 on: 02 Mar 2005, 20:13 »

Bush X - Razorblade Suitcase
Green Day - Dookie

mAlice aforeThought

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #17 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:05 »

Quote from: Reno
Green Day - Dookie

why do some people refer to them as bush X?  is it a country thing?  a recently replace mycopy ov that album, and it has an X on the sidebar, but nowhere else...i've ALWAYS just known them as bush...to summarise:  what the fuck?

oh, and i recenlty dug out faith massive's debut album.  mmmm.

macktheknife

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #18 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:08 »

Quote from: pintsizeshomie
I had lost my Foo Fighter CD, and about a year after i lost it, i looked at my stereo and it was there. and i was happy=)

You hadn't used your stereo in all this time?

Burninated Peasant

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #19 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:35 »

Quote from: mAlice aforeThought
Quote from: Reno
Green Day - Dookie

why do some people refer to them as bush X?  is it a country thing?  a recently replace mycopy of that album, and it has an X on the sidebar, but nowhere else...i've ALWAYS just known them as bush...to summarise:  what the fuck?

oh, and i recenlty dug out faith massive's debut album.  mmmm.

They are referred to as "Bush X" in Canada because we already had a band named Bush here.

Kalyke

..o.O..
« Reply #20 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:39 »

semisonic... I bought that cd in middleschool and forgot that there was actually good songs on it...

emor

Forgotten and Found
« Reply #21 on: 03 Mar 2005, 00:25 »

In middle school, the album I listened to over and over whenever I could was Beck's One Foot in the Grave.

Kind of recently, I listened to it for the first time in something like five or six years.  It was amazing because the songs were good, they made me remember the bittersweet (mostly bitter) things that made songs like 'I get Lonesome' so true, and I knew all of the words.  Then I listened to the other middle school album, Dub Narcotic Sound System's Out of Your Mind, which I'm now sad I lost.

Empty Friend

NIN
« Reply #22 on: 03 Mar 2005, 00:38 »

I was pretty pissed at the world last week and broke out NIN: Broken (Hah! "Broke out"... oh man I didn't even mean to go there.....)
Anyway, yesh, good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up