THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do most people hate MS-Paint comics?  (Read 6487 times)

PrfectGREG

Do most people hate MS-Paint comics?
« on: 08 Mar 2005, 10:27 »

Just wondering what the general opinion on MS paint is. I mean a lot of funny comics are simple, like Elftor and White-Ninja. Hell look at Dino Comics and such.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1 on: 08 Mar 2005, 10:33 »

A lot of people hate crappy comics. I have yet to see an MSpaint comic that was not crap.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

torg

« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2005, 11:25 »

seconded

cri

« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2005, 11:39 »

Ah. I have to agree for reasons I won't really delve into unless someone else brings them up first. I also don't understand why you forum hop with this question, when the general consensus is usually the same. :-\

Jamoky

« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2005, 20:20 »

simple =/= shitty =/= MS paint
that being said, making MS paint look nice takes skill.  White-ninja and dino comics don't look bad, they just take no artistic skill.  If the writing is good it can easily outweigh the art, as long as it doesn't hurt to look at.

Jiperly

« Reply #5 on: 09 Mar 2005, 08:28 »

Yep- all hate MS Paint comics!

And all hate sprite comics! I mean, come on people- if you're going to do lame assed sprite comics, at least make the effort of making your own damn sprites...

SeanBateman

« Reply #6 on: 09 Mar 2005, 20:02 »

I thought Oibot was alright. SOme of the writing was tacky, but some was pretty damn good.

bev

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2005, 09:31 »

The power of a thread about MS paint has summoned me back. No I have never seen an mspaint comic that was good. Basically it just says that the artist is to lazy and untalented to draw, therefore leaving very little for the writing either. If an artist is serious about a comic and knows their writing is good, they either get an artist, or they do all the hard work themselves. MS Paint is for people who think webcomics are for anyone with an internet conneciton and too much free time. MS Paint should burn in hell and if Microsoft puts it in their next version of windows, someone is going to die.

cri

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2005, 12:26 »

Quote from: bev
The power of a thread about MS paint has summoned me back. No I have never seen an mspaint comic that was good. Basically it just says that the artist is to lazy and untalented to draw, therefore leaving very little for the writing either. If an artist is serious about a comic and knows their writing is good, they either get an artist, or they do all the hard work themselves. MS Paint is for people who think webcomics are for anyone with an internet conneciton and too much free time. MS Paint should burn in hell and if Microsoft puts it in their next version of windows, someone is going to die.

You said it better than I could have. Cheers.

festerius

« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2005, 15:58 »

Short Answer : Yes.

Long Answer : Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss.  MS Paint webcomics are the worst.

Ruskin

« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2005, 16:46 »

Honestly, it's things like this that make me weep inside. People disbelieve that anything that comes from MSPaint can be good. People have reason. But Damn it all, people are wrong! Pixels, my friends, are a dying medium, and mostly due to people like you. MSPaint is not for talentless hacks, though they, sadly, are the ones who most use (rather, MISuse) it. MSPaint is for those who know they can't freehand, but have the talent and patience for real beauty. MSPaint is for CG artists that can't afford PSP or FlashMX. So don't hate on MSPaint, and don't hate on Pixel artists. Hate on morons who misuse a beautiful thing.
*sniff*

bev

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2005, 19:00 »

I hang around another forum where MSPaint comics are frequent, I swear I'm this close to cracking and shooting up microsoft. I'm surprised nobody has done it already.

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #12 on: 13 Mar 2005, 23:44 »

Oh, they have. But every time you kill a Microsoft employee, two more take his place. :D

Jiperly

« Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2005, 11:11 »

i'm just full of hate and bigotry.

LichtJF

« Reply #14 on: 14 Mar 2005, 15:36 »

I hate pooprly drawn comics made in paint or oterwise. Its rare to find a comic lich QC that is both well drawn and well written

bev

« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2005, 16:09 »

Yeah it's usually one or the other, but like I said before, MS paint comics are almost always neither, since the writer is so lazy that he/she uses MSPaint, they're usually pretty lazy at writing too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up