Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sega  (Read 5905 times)

Jiperly

Sega
« on: 10 Mar 2005, 12:38 »

Is it just me, or is there kind a respect ominiousness of this company.....like, even though they most likely have less power than the people behind Rachet and Clank, they are looked up to?

Is it just me, or do people look to Sega to take risks?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Sega
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2005, 13:06 »

They're older than Nintendo, as far as console gaming is concerned, so they command a certain respect for still hanging in the game.

They don't take much risks nowadays, but they're pretty much solely responsible for how the current generation of consoles was defined, even though they dropped out early.

They were always the first competitor to leap to a new generation of gaming and constantly pushed it forward.

Sega deserves respect and deserves better than their current lot in life. Their exit from hardware is of the many reasons I hate Sony, irrational though it may be.

In many ways, though, I feel MS is trying to be Sega's successor, especially with what's been released about the Xenon/XBox Next/XBox Pandapus/whatever. They're going for first without trying to turn the industry into something it's not like Sony seems to have in mind. And while it doesn't have many great games, the XBox was a great system. MS isn't Nintendo, trying to find ways to revolutionize gaming, but they aren't Sony trying to find ways to corrupt gaming either.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

daviesmatt

Sega
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2005, 16:07 »

Sega'll always have a place in my heart.

My first console was a megadrive/genesis. I even got my first migraine from playing it too much. *Sigh*, memories.

They certainly deserve a more important place in consoles than they have at the moment.

I hate the Xbox with a passion, just for being a microsoft product.

/Writes that on a pc running WinXp.

Jiperly

Sega
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2005, 17:14 »

OMG!

Don't you know? Microsoft has you carded now! Some day, when you least expect it, they'll take you away in the middle of the night to be "reprogramed"

Empty Friend

Sega
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2005, 17:26 »

Blackbelt on the Sega Mastersystem was totally the shit.  It's actually probably the reason I started Karate in the first place... which is sad ;)

nothingwitty

Sega
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2005, 18:06 »

I catch constant shit from my friends for being such a rabid sonic/sega fan.

I was more excited for the Sonic games being compiled and repackaged for the PS2 than any other game this/last year.

They call me dated.

cri

Sega
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2005, 18:27 »

I miss my Sega Dreamcast :(

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Sega
« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2005, 08:02 »

Quote from: cri
I miss my Sega Dreamcast :(

You sold it? Awww... I still play chu chu rocket.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus
Pages: [1]   Go Up